Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

After last week horrible track now a circuit that is loved by many including myself, Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, better known as Imola.
The circuit is located southeast of Bologna in the woods along the Santerno River. It was named after Enzo Ferrari, the founder of Ferrari, and his son Dino Ferrari, who died early.
It was the theatre of many dramatic races of which the 1994 Grand Prix is the most famous because of the death of Ayrton Senna. This is one you don't want to miss!

image.png

So join us for another exciting race and:

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post here and I will send you a PM with it.):

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

IMPORTANT:

• Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 10min for the Audi's, second 10min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class or you will be kicked from the session.
  • Blue Flags: If an MX5 driver gets a Blue Flag from an Audi, he has to stay on the racing line to be predictable. You can help the Audi by lifting on a straight, but you don't have to! The Audi driver is responsible for a safe overtake. Losing time doing this is part of the game and applies to any Audi. If you receive a blue flag from your own class, the normal rules apply.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Audi TT/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Imola, Italy
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 26C air/38C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Not much to report. Can't seem to click with this track, qualified well down, did ok for a few laps then gradually fell back to last place by the end thanks to various errors that built up.

Had a battle mid race catching Raul, got within a second but lost it a couple of times and couldn't close again.

Ended up fighting with Dave at the very end but he was cleaner and kept me behind.

Thanks for organising, Han.

Last edited:
Well done Andre. I felt I could have caught you with a couple more laps, then the blue flags came again, I had a mini off and that was that.

I felt I got knocked off on lap 1 at rivazza, somebody tried to outbrake me from behind up the inside and knocked me off. Nobody waited so I assume they are confident they were not at fault. :(

I couldn't rejoin safely and had to wait for the whole pack to pass. Made my way from the back up into 2nd again so happy with that.

Before I forget it (again :()

THANK YOU HAN !!

I waited to closing hour If I´d feel up to the challenge, decided to register and and regretted it for a few laps.

Variante Alta and especially Aque Minerale presented themself differently
EVERY FRIGGING TIME, I don´t think I drove the same line twice today.:sick:

On the other hand that may have been an advantage after the better drivers had buggered themselfs out of the race and had to pass me again to regain their positions I managed to confuse most of them quite thoroughly so that had trouble passing me.

In the closing stages I had a nice scrap with Simon who was quicker but did have no answer to my Gandalfing ;)

Gandalf.PNG

And dear children, we have to talk about some very " unfriendly rejoins" before and in Aque Minerale.

So get yourself a nice coup of herbal tea and put your pillows in a circle :O_o:

And last I strictly vote for mandatory Discord presence.

" No Discord No Race !!"

Have a good night Carsten

Last edited:
Well done Andre. I felt I could have caught you with a couple more laps, then the blue flags came again, I had a mini off and that was that.

I felt I got knocked off on lap 1 at rivazza, somebody tried to outbrake me from behind up the inside and knocked me off. Nobody waited so I assume they are confident they were not at fault. :(

I couldn't rejoin safely and had to wait for the whole pack to pass. Made my way from the back up into 2nd again so happy with that.
well done guys!! Good race Tim, to be honost I was controlling my pace and could go a bit quicker I was shortshifting to save fuel, because my pit guy was shouting very nervously that it was not sure if I could make it till the end.:confused:

Thanxguys!

Last edited:
Not my fastest race, but it was nice to get back to the multiclass traffic (despite really enjoying the mazda only race last week) Makes the back of the pack interesting still :) .

Don't think I had any unsafe passes... Closest was later one going around Carsten and Simon where I ran out of a little road in the turn, but managed to get myself off track, and hopefully not in their way. Rejoined behind them, only to pass them a few turns later when they both took the same off line into the sand (as you all might have heard :laugh: ).

As for discord, I'm good with it being mandatory. I have no preference on whether you need a mic or to speak, but it seems to keep things moving the most smoothly when were all on there.

Congrats to the winners and finishers and thanks as always Han for making these races consistently fun :thumbsup: See you all this weekend.

Last edited:
Same here Doug, hate this track with a passion, every time it crops up all I want to do is get it over and done with, every corner is my Achilles heal.
After writing the above I am trying to think of even one corner I like, “nope”, not one.
So pleased that Wednesday is over, just Sunday and that should be that for a while.
Well done all finishers and podiums, tried my best not to upset any Mazdas, I hope I at least achieved that.:O_o:
Sorry to Colin for that audacious over take, at least I had the common sense to back out of it and let you go..
cheers to @HF2000 for the organisation, and try and erase the word Imola from your mind.

87A12996-AF42-44C6-94AE-A0C9E0DCB9B8.jpeg
Han no more…
Imola , no more Imola no more Imola.

Same here Doug, hate this track with a passion, every time it crops up all I want to do is get it over and done with, every corner is my Achilles heal.
After writing the above I am trying to think of even one corner I like, “nope”, not one.
So pleased that Wednesday is over, just Sunday and that should be that for a while.
Well done all finishers and podiums, tried my best not to upset any Mazdas, I hope I at least achieved that.:O_o:
Sorry to Colin for that audacious over take, at least I had the common sense to back out of it and let you go..
cheers to @HF2000 for the organisation, and try and erase the word Imola from your mind.

View attachment 558270
Han no more…
Imola , no more Imola no more Imola.
I tried it Ernie but somehow after three times the mantra changes in
: no more Brands, no more Brands....

Latest News

Back