AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Wellington500, Wed 12th April 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well, I also did some Wellington (see what I did there;)) today and still did not like it.
As I got faster and more precise the bumps revealed their evil machinations :mad: and send me into their partners in crime, the walls.:confused:

I will not submit myself to an hour of this torture, let alone practice for it.

My heart goes out to the few lost souls who purposely commit themselfs to this misery in a Shopping Trolley, it was bad enough in a car WITH working suspension :cry:

Well, I also did some Wellington (see what I did there;)) today and still did not like it.
As I got faster and more precise the bumps revealed their evil machinations :mad: and send me into their partners in crime, the walls.:confused:

I will not submit myself to an hour of this torture, let alone practice for it.

My heart goes out to the few lost souls who purposely commit themselfs to this misery in a Shopping Trolley, it was bad enough in a car WITH working suspension :cry:
Yes I guess you need to have these:
1681157461216.png

I did a few thousand laps today (had some time for myself), it’s getting better now, but still (little) collisions every lap when at high speed. I guess we will see a lot of ehm… situations like this picture :cool::O_o::p:D.

Yes I guess you need to have these: View attachment 654563
Pink skin with little hair?

Flappy ears?

A spiral tail?

Driving in Wellington with cars is one of the things that start with:

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 22-19-04 Hold my beer Meme Generator - Imgflip.png

So have fun and don´t forget the kitchen rule:

"if you smash it you clean it up yourself" ;)

I am really struggling with pace on this circuit... i constantly loose tons of seconds at the two hairpins... i'm desperate, i don't understand if it is a setup issue or - more likely - a driving style / approach problem... i would love to watch how other people drive here!
You can go to the practice server and jump in the car with other drivers. You can see their lines and braking point, which gear, etc. Then you can try to incorporate that in your own lines. Can be very helpful. Setup can gain you some time as wel, but it can also be quite personal. You can have my setup, but I’m not online tonight (band rehearsals).

For me it comes down to doing a lot of laps to get things right in the driving and make some turns automatic. But, as you mentioned, the chicanes and hairpins are quite tricky here. It took me quite a few laps do get some decent times on the board. Some (way more talented) guys here, learn tracks a lot faster than I do. So, I have to put some time in learning tracks, finding lines and get up to speed. Especially at this one.

I can give you my setup tomorrow if you want.

Han u should announce the track from now on 10min before the raceserver practice start :D
I guess that would benefit only the people who are to genius to practice and win every race in every car on every track from the back.;)

I wonder if such a prodigy is here in this group??

On the other hand honest feedback from his "customers" to Han will benefit all of us by matching crowd, tracks and cars better to each other :D

MFG Carsten

i did a small test with the abarth for learn the track which is really cool , need to say the lines are a bit hard to spot at first and there is a part where the concrete is literally a V lol . looking forward for a massive fest with champagne if some1 try to overtake on the chicanes :'D

i did a small test with the abarth for learn the track which is really cool , need to say the lines are a bit hard to spot at first and there is a part where the concrete is literally a V lol . looking forward for a massive fest with champagne if some1 try to overtake on the chicanes :'D
Finally someone who likes the track (besides me)! :)

Latest News

Back