Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Since a few events we have a participant from Poland in our community. Now he's settled down he can teach us the fine tricks of his home circuit. Tor Poznan is a track with a great flow with a lot of high speed corners. Show us the way Krzysztof!
And how will this turn out for the Abarh versus Mazda battle?

It's a multiclass and for some more excitement and action we bend the rules a bit: BLUE FLAGS CAN BE IGNORED IF THE LAPPING CAR IS FROM A DIFFERENT CLASS!

IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

I'm on holiday and if Brian or Markus are not able to attend, there will not be a host for this event. I expect everyone to drive as clean and respectful as always. If there's a severe incident that needs attention of a staff member please save and provide the replay. I will have a look when I'm back.

1200px-Pozna%C5%84_GP_layout.svg.png

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise send a PM to @Interslice or @abecede and they will give you the password.):
It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Zandvoort, The Netherlands
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
For the "patch up the performance of the Abarth" discussion, my first thought was:
"punish them for using the front scratching shitbox" and have them fuel up and change tyres thryce a race.( i. e. realistic conditions.)

Than I realized regardless how often you wrestle them down, after another pitstop they´ll be back to anoy you :sick:

So let´s try the bandaid, maybe the races will find some harmony that way.

And for Ernie turning away from the driver frustrating shitbox:

welcome dear Sir in the land of the free, RWD heros galore.

MFG Carsten

For the "patch up the performance of the Abarth" discussion, my first thought was:
"punish them for using the front scratching shitbox" and have them fuel up and change tyres thryce a race.( i. e. realistic conditions.)

Than I realized regardless how often you wrestle them down, after another pitstop they´ll be back to anoy you :sick:

So let´s try the bandaid, maybe the races will find some harmony that way.

And for Ernie turning away from the driver frustrating shitbox:

welcome dear Sir in the land of the free, RWD heros galore.

MFG Carsten

Without the changes, it's a one make 'Mazda championship', past results have proven that surely?

The Abarth is slower than the Mazda at most tracks, so why not BoP it to be equal whilst actually racing each other?

Disclaimer: Not done many of these races 'cos I find the Mazda boring af and done to death at RD:p ...whilst the Abarth is much more challenging, only imho;)

Last edited:
The Mazda is not faster than the Abarth in most situations. The Mazda only stands a chance because it is not greedy on tyres and fuel. I have a hunch our Ernie will be using the Abarth shopping trolley in this next race with a surety of finishing in the top three instead of on the side of the track with an empty tank. Am still looking forward to the race but will probably now just move over and let the Abarth past instead of trying to challenge them

The Mazda is not faster than the Abarth in most situations. The Mazda only stands a chance because it is not greedy on tyres and fuel. I have a hunch our Ernie will be using the Abarth shopping trolley in this next race with a surety of finishing in the top three instead of on the side of the track with an empty tank. Am still looking forward to the race but will probably now just move over and let the Abarth past instead of trying to challenge them
Hi Steve,

The last 6 or 7 races I selected tracks with long straights, especially to make the Abarth more equal to the Mazda. Zandvoort was an exception. I agree with John that on most tracks the Mazda will be in favour, even without the disadvantages of fuel capacity and tyre wear. But let's find out next race although Tor Poznan has also long straights.

I was going to miss this race to try some ACC but after having a go on the track for the first time last night it's great fun and challenge in equal measure.

For the Mazda I think I can learn a lot trying to find the quickest ways through these corners. I don't think I will be too far away from decent pace. Mid pack, at least.

i go by this method 2 race's on mazda 2 race's on abarth i wish more people to do the same cause everytime i play the abarth only 5max players to fight and is not equal on grid

I understand what you are saying but I have tried the Abarth and really don't enjoy it. I would be an even bigger liability in the race if I took it.

I'm also learning a lot by sticking to the Mazda as I am still relatively inexperienced, compared to a lot of my fellow racers.

I don't mind FWD cars, though, and when the Audi was part of the multiclass I did mix it up and raced that a number of times because that's a car I enjoy and am relatively competitive in.

I understand what you are saying but I have tried the Abarth and really don't enjoy it. I would be an even bigger liability in the race if I took it.

I'm also learning a lot by sticking to the Mazda as I am still relatively inexperienced, compared to a lot of my fellow racers.

I don't mind FWD cars, though, and when the Audi was part of the multiclass I did mix it up and raced that a number of times because that's a car I enjoy and am relatively competitive in.
I agree that the Abarth is a lot more difficult to handle and it's certainly more challenging to go fast with it. What I like about this combination of cars that Mazda drivers who feel that they are up for a new step in becoming a better racer, they can try the Abarth and see if they can match their Mazda times with it.

Latest News

Back