AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Road America, Wed 10th August 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Bad choice Dani, i think everyone bar me should choose the Abarth on this track. Just imagine how fast you will be going down that hill. The Mazda wont stand a chance :whistling:
Haha just a temporary decision. I'll do a proper test. I have picked Mazda maybe because yesterday I was thinking too much during the race :D but maybe I'll pick Abarth. The chicane of the downhill with an Abarth must be a challenge.

Haha just a temporary decision. I'll do a proper test. I have picked Mazda maybe because yesterday I was thinking too much during the race :D but maybe I'll pick Abarth. The chicane of the downhill with an Abarth must be a challenge.
Yes that one and the Dipper!
I wouldn't be surprised as the Mazda's can gain more than second in the middel sector.

I was thinking keeping it out of the walls when the tyres go off is the Abarth problem. Car needs to turn sharp around that wall before it drops down the hill. I am probably talking out of my behind and will be struggling to stay with them i am sure. I will know i am wrong when Ernie moans about his Abarth being crap and then comes 3rd :roflmao:

Had a great race from lap one to 3 laps left, then it went downhill fast.
A stupidly long pit lane meant I lost a massive amount of time, 28 seconds to Han.
Then got clobbered by Han, the overtake was really not on at all Han. that overtake, you just did not brake at all when I did and used the collision with me to get around the corner, bad lad. By then I had lost the will to live, the damage was done so I just resigned myself to the last laps.:(

Hi Ernie,

Do you really think so? I felt quite confident that I could nail the corner also without the contact, of course with a big loss of speed. Sure it would have been a 'Max' action but I thought that my front tyres were in front of your rear tyres before the braking zone. I shall have to look the replay for that but if you're right than I apologise and I should have waited:(:notworthy:.

Last edited:
1660225190062.png

i was surprise in this contact with Ernie we was side by side he turned inside like i wasnt there
Seems I missed a spicy race! :confused: When I saw that @Chris Down was on the grid I dropped by his YT channel and found out that he was streaming so I watched bits of the race during the quarter breaks of the match. :D And somehow I got to witness some juicy stuff behind the Allan-train! :laugh:

View attachment 590601
View attachment 590602

Thanks Chris! Close racing this time, seeing from the results, great! :thumbsup:

The game was tough but fun, ended 1-1 so good for a friendly match, smiles on both sides. :)

@eN1xes
I saw you there Fulvio, I just tried my best to keep as much of the corner as I could. I expected a bump, knew it was a 50:50, kept the throttle full on and hoped for the best.
If it had ended badly I was quite willing to accept the outcome.:)

just looked at the replay, I did what I said, pushed my luck and made a small error of judgement, you were never more than 75% passed me at any point may be alongside as we entered the start of the corner, and entering, you had to brake first because of the angle of your entry.
In the last section of corner entry I was well in front and my rear tapped the front of your car.
In the end I miss judged the entry by a couple of inches.

But ironically that was not the case, I missed you and you missed me, it was the Ping from the internet that caused the collision, from my replay we never touched.

Because you are such a good driver I always try my hardest to give you as much grief as I can.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
Had a great race from lap one to 3 laps left, then it went downhill fast.
A stupidly long pit lane meant I lost a massive amount of time, 28 seconds to Han.
Then got clobbered by Han, the overtake was really not on at all Han. that overtake, you just did not brake at all when I did and used the collision with me to get around the corner, bad lad. By then I had lost the will to live, the damage was done so I just resigned myself to the last laps.:(
Ernie, I've seen the replay now and I think I owe you an apology. It was my fault that we had contact. My only defense is that I didn't expect you to turn in there already. In that corner I turn in a bit later so I didn't anticipated on that. I think you 'closed the door' in a legal way and I should have had braked earlier. It wasn't wise anyway to try to overtake you there. I had the better tyres and probably could have easily passed you on the straight with a slipstream. But as you went wide on the previous corner and lost some speed I thought I could go for it.

So again I'm sorry. Fortunately you only lost one (Abarth) place.

Last edited:
Tempted to try the Abarth, which version of Road America was used? (The one I have is Lilski 2019)
Hi John,

Please do try this combo at least one time. As you can see from the comments and also from Chris his video we're having a lot of fun with it. That goes not only for the frontrunners but for the midfield and backmarkers also.
And you will find it less stressful as the classic cars or the GT3's because the cars are much easier and have less setup options. The MX5 is the easiest of the two. It has RWD, a great balance, low fuel consumption and almost no tyre wear. The Abarth has FWD, is much more unstable, needs always at least one pitstop for fuel and depending on the track probably fresh tyres also. So with the Abarth is pitstop strategy also important.

I find this multiclass an excellent opportunity for newcomers to start in the Mazda to concentrate on racing and racing with others and when they feel comfortable they can switch to the Abarth. But the Mazda is also liked by experienced drivers because it's so fun to race with it.

You should give it a go John, I am only interested in giving those Mazda Rotters a run for their money, but there is plenty of scrapping with your fellow Abarth’s , but it is those Mazdas rotters that I like racing most.:D:D
I never thought it would provide such entertainment.:thumbsup:
Perhaps you can convince Han to drop the time to 55min so I do not have to do 2 pit stops:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Last edited:
Hi John,

Please do try this combo at least one time. As you can see from the comments and also from Chris his video we're having a lot of fun with it. That goes not only for the frontrunners but for the midfield and backmarkers also.
And you will find it less stressful as the classic cars or the GT3's because the cars are much easier and have less setup options. The MX5 is the easiest of the two. It has RWD, a great balance, low fuel consumption and almost no tyre wear. The Abarth has FWD, is much more unstable, needs always at least one pitstop for fuel and depending on the track probably fresh tyres also. So with the Abarth is pitstop strategy also important.

I find this multiclass an excellent opportunity for newcomers to start in the Mazda to concentrate on racing and racing with others and when they feel comfortable they can switch to the Abarth. But the Mazda is also liked by experienced drivers because it's so fun to race with it.
Thanks Han :thumbsup: ...much prefer GT3's to the Mazda though ;)

You should give it a go John, I am only interested in giving those Mazda Rotters a run for their money, but there is plenty of scrapping with your fellow Abarth’s , but it is those Mazdas rotters that I like racing most.:D:D
I never thought it would provide such entertainment.:thumbsup:
Perhaps you can convince Han to drop the time to 55min so I do not have to do 2 pit stops:whistling::whistling::whistling:
I might have a bash with the Abarth sometime Ernie (done too much Mazda in the past lol), 1 hr is a bit long for me, damned annoying when the nurse keeps calling me to bed :laugh:

I did about 10laps yesterday @ Rd America in the Abarth, you guys are bloody quick - couldn't get within 2 secs of your times:confused: No idea where to start with setup, but f**k me it's, err, quite lively:roflmao:

Yes John , you spend more time fighting the thing than driving it, there is a general setup that most use to tame the beastie, Han will post it.
The setup is a good starting point and makes driving it much easier and more to the point competitive..

PS
@HF2000 I will make you a donation of

08E6B32F-51B6-4752-A023-6582D1E31FF1.gif

Last edited:

Latest News

Back