AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Road America, Wed 10th August 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I've been practicing with both cars and I'm doubting terribly :D It seems I'm half a second faster on the Abarth but it takes 10 more seconds in the pit stop to fill the tank. And the fuel rate is very tight for one pit stop, isn't it? :O_o:
And the great most of the grid has picked the Mazda, so I might be talking nonsense? a bit of help/advice is welcome ;) haha

I've been practicing with both cars and I'm doubting terribly :D It seems I'm half a second faster on the Abarth but it takes 10 more seconds in the pit stop to fill the tank. And the fuel rate is very tight for one pit stop, isn't it? :O_o:
And the great most of the grid has picked the Mazda, so I might be talking nonsense? a bit of help/advice is welcome ;) haha
Dani,

It's a multiclass so the Abarths will have a podium for themselves. But to spice things up I've made up the rule that blue flags don't count if the car behind is from a different class. You can defend even if the car behind you is lapping you. Just to have more battles in the race from the perspective that we all like to have them.
Yes the Abarths will not be on the front row at the end of the race because they have to make a longer pitstop, probably with changing tyres also. But it's highly plausible that after their pitstop they will be in the midfield or amongst the backmarker Mazda's so again opportunities for battles.
My advice: take the Abarth and enjoy the overtaking on the straights or the defending of a quicker Mazda.

Another reason to take the Abarth is that it's a difficult car compared to the Mazda which is good from a learning perspective. And there's strategy involved: change tyres or not!
Mazda's don't burn tyres like the Abarth.

We're now with 4 Abarths but I expect @Kek700 to join and maybe @Shed 17 also. So with you we will have 7 Abarths to even it a little.

Last edited:
Thankyou Han , I forgot again.:roflmao::roflmao::whistling:

Really struggling with the Abarth here, I am certainly competitive with mid field and some to the front.
I just cannot be consistent here, I have quick section that swaps around every lap. For me I cannot string a lap together.:(

Thankyou Han , I forgot again.:roflmao::roflmao::whistling:

Really struggling with the Abarth here, I am certainly competitive with mid field and some to the front.
I just cannot be consistent here, I have quick section that swaps around every lap. For me I cannot string a lap together.:(
And somehow you will be about 0.7s faster than me like always:mad:!
Please promise me that you will have a normal bad start again, not like the one yesterday!

Guys, I won't be able to race today. My daughter has an unscheduled friendly match (against a visiting Irish team) at the same time tonight so we'll be there cheering from the tribunes. :laugh:

Have a fun race chaps! :thumbsup: If someone could save and share the replay, that would be great thaaaanks! :coffee:

Last edited:
Guys, I won't be able to race today. My daughter has an unscheduled friendly match (against a visiting Irish team) at the same time tonight so we'll be there cheering from the tribunes. :laugh:

Have a fun race chaps! :thumbsup: If someone could save and share the replay, that would be great thaaaanks! :coffee:
Ouch, what a shame! In any case, cheers for your team, and may the best win the match!

Have fun also, Raul. Which sport?

Dani,

It's a multiclass so the Abarths will have a podium for themselves. But to spice things up I've made up the rule that blue flags don't count if the car behind is from a different class. You can defend even if the car behind you is lapping you. Just to have more battles in the race from the perspective that we all like to have them.
Yes the Abarths will not be on the front row at the end of the race because they have to make a longer pitstop, probably with changing tyres also. But it's highly plausible that after their pitstop they will be in the midfield or amongst the backmarker Mazda's so again opportunities for battles.
My advice: take the Abarth and enjoy the overtaking on the straights or the defending of a quicker Mazda.

Another reason to take the Abarth is that it's a difficult car compared to the Mazda which is good from a learning perspective. And there's strategy involved: change tyres or not!
Mazda's don't burn tyres like the Abarth.

We're now with 4 Abarths but I expect @Kek700 to join and maybe @Shed 17 also. So with your ou we will have 7 Abarths to even it a little.
OK Han, you have tempted me, I have been digging out for a pond in the back garden all day, so wasn’t planning on racing tonight, but what better way to relax than join you guys for some fun in a room at 30 degrees!!:O_o::roflmao::cool:.
I’ ll register with the Abarth and try not to run out of fuel this time!

Last edited:
Disappointed that I have lost a p5 because I got distracted in the first stint. I had calculated exactly the fuel to pit one lap later, the indicator marked 1.02 laps remaining, but the red icon of the tank distracted me on the straight for panic somehow haha I can't think much after work, it seems. And in second stint it wasn't enough just for less than 20 seconds I'd say :(
I've enjoyed the Abarth more than expected. I prefer the Mazda but you should be careful with the Abarth.
Well done guys!

yeah the main challange when u are racing with the abarth apart from racing moskitos in the corners is u have to do the pitstop exactly when the fueltank is almost empty if u pit 1 lap before like Ernie did in this race with full refuell is not enough to finish the race (atleast in this race idk in other tracks mby with some fuel save u are ok)

Last edited:

Latest News

Back