Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

We're staying on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean for another track were the Abarth will be fairly equal to the Mazda.
Road America is one of only a handful of road circuits in the world maintaining its original configuration being 6.515 km in length with 14 turns. The track features many elevation changes, along with a long front stretch where speeds approaching 320 km/h may be reached. One of the best known features of this course is a turn on the backside known as "the kink".

It's a multiclass and for some more excitement and action we bend the rules a bit: BLUE FLAGS CAN BE IGNORED IF THE LAPPING CAR IS FROM A DIFFERENT CLASS!

1200px-Road_America.svg.png

So join us for another exciting race and:

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post in this thread and I will send you a PM with it.):

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 1.15 hour - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Road America, USA
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

My next shock was the Abarth and this circuit, expecting to just cruise away from those Rotters in Mazdas, seems like a pipe dream now. I have my doubts if it will be any quicker at all.
The Team Abarth will undoubtedly have some overtaking advantages on the straights, or maybe some gap inducing straights line speed, but lap times, I do not think so.:(

My next shock was the Abarth and this circuit, expecting to just cruise away from those Rotters in Mazdas, seems like a pipe dream now. I have my doubts if it will be any quicker at all.
The Team Abarth will undoubtedly have some overtaking advantages on the straights, or maybe some gap inducing straights line speed, but lap times, I do not think so.:(
Exactly, so I expect (and hope) a race that's similar to Riverside.

You could be right, Ernie. There's lots of tricky sections for the Abarth that the straight line speed won't make up for.

I took the Abarth around for a few laps to get some idea of where I might get past them and it was a challenge to get round quickly. (But I am no Abarth expert and don't have a setup).

Last edited:
It is so embarrassing being overtaken by a shopping cart with a flat handle on the back. I am hoping our MX5 will shine on this one and put you scorpion lovers in the shade

Latest News

Back