AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Riverside, Wed 3rd August 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ha Ha, looks as though I have my work cut out,:( not only worrying about Han, I now have Fulvio to contend with plus Venelin. It looks as though my lucky run with the Abarth is going to come to a sticky end.
Oh well good while it lasted.:)
The good news is Alan has a free run, but now he has 4 Abarths to overtake.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Yes, already 19 participants tonight! Amazing in this holiday season! Looking forward to it. In the few laps I did with the Abarth it felt really good!

Sorry for that little NASCAR slide job halfway through Mika. Got a little loose with the inside line, then either I came down on Thomas or he also got a little loose too and my rear got tapped which sent me back into you and him :(. Shame as we were all having some good laps before that :thumbsup:

I think I prefer the rolling sand dunes on the east coast (where I live) vs the west coast (this track) :D but Riverside is always a good time. Good racing everyone and thanks for hosting Han

Last edited:
Sorry for that little NASCAR slide job halfway through Mika. Got a little loose with the inside line, then either I came down on Thomas or he also got a little loose too and my rear got tapped which sent me back into you and him :(. Shame as we were all having some good laps before that :thumbsup:

I think I prefer the rolling sand dunes on the east coast (where I live) vs the west coast (this track) :D but Riverside is always a good time. Good racing everyone and thanks for hosting Han
No problem, I believe those small touches that happened halfway through the bend happen there a lot. :)
The second one wasn't your fault, I just checked the replay: https://streamable.com/5lf480
(audio disappeared somewhere, but no matter)

EDIT: Also, right before you lost the inside line a bit, I had also moved a a bit more inside, so the whole thing was a bit unlucky.

Last edited:
Did not expect those Rotters in Mazdas to be so competitive, great drive Fulvio, you did the Abarth proud.
As laps went on I struggle with Aki, I just could not get the car around the tight bends quick enough to get a pass on the straight.
So that brings me to saying well done to Aki, it looked like it was going to be a win.
Also bad luck Han, I think Alan was certainly going to get my place, if it was not for the off.
It would have been a great battle between us, I would certainly had to come in for a refuel twice and so would you, I think?
I was just lucky tonight,
PS
If you can do a fuel modification for the Abarth? I was taking it very easy and keeping my eye on Alan for about 8 laps, then only just made it. One more lap and I was done, crossed the line with 0.1 litres.
Very lucky;)
It was for me a very enjoyable race.:)

PS number 2
@eN1xes , “it does not count”when your in a Abarth, it is like a freemason brother hood.:D:D:D:D
When I drive I always have one of my trouser legs rolled up., I think I have started to lose the plot.

Last edited:
No problem, I believe those small touches that happened halfway through the bend happen there a lot. :)
The second one wasn't your fault, I just checked the replay: https://streamable.com/5lf480

EDIT: Also, right before you lost the inside line a bit, I had also moved a a bit more inside, so the whole thing was a bit unlucky.
How i did not get involved with that shunt i will never know. I knew it was close but seeing how close it was ....wow. I just went for the gap that was being created by all the contact and shot straight past

Did not expect those Rotters in Mazdas to be so competitive, great drive Fulvio, you did the
Abarth proud.
As laps went on I struggle with Aki, I just could not get the car around the tight bends quick enough to get a pass on the straight.
So that brings me to saying well done to Aki, it looked like it was going to be a win.
Also bad luck Han, I think Alan was certainly going to get my place, if it was not for the off.
It would have been a great battle between us, I would certainly had to come in for a refuel twice and so would you, I think?
I was just lucky tonight,
PS
If you can do a fuel modification for the Abarth? I was taking it very easy and keeping my eye on Alan for about 8 laps, then only just made it. One more lap and I was done, crossed the line with 0.1 litres.
Very lucky;)
It was for me a very enjoyable race.:)
I can put fuel usage to 90% for everyone to prevent a second pitstop for the Abarth.

Qualified P12 in an exceptionally tight field.

Got a decent start but arrived at a bit of a pile up in the Esses, hit someone and got a trip to the gravel. Rejoined a chunk of time and a lot of places down.

Slowly made some progress, difficult as everyone was lapping around the same time. Tagged on to the back of a midfield scrap and picked up 3 places when a few went off.

A trip to the sand about 40 minutes in cost me 11 seconds and a couple of places. When I emerged from my lateish stop I had a great 4 way battle over 9th to 12th.

Eventually finished 9th after a couple of Abarths dropped down on the last lap.

Enjoyable race in the end, thanks to everyone, a great turnout.

Thanks for organising, Han.

Edit, I was the one that gained when Mika, Robert and Thomas went off. I was far enough back to find a way through.

Last edited:
l.jpg

Also Aki gimme some space next time :'D

Just my two cents on that situation as this replay angle looks not that good for me (my onboard here, not listed at youtoube:
). We were approaching nearly three wide the prior fast left kink, I was in the slipstream at the long straight and could have gone in the middle all in but I backed off before the left kink to avoid carnage. So Robert was on the inside, already comprosing the ideal line as Mika was at the outside. I queued behind Robert at the very inside and had no intention and had no chance to do a maneuver but somehow he went to the outside very fast and they both touched. I thought that because of the compromised line and the contact they both were slowed down or even go off so my thought was to go full throttle to the apex not to get involved into that situation. Didn't expect that Robert was not slowed down by the contact so the result was that we touched at the exit. It's a shame that all three were taken out, we had a good fight until then. Sorry for the assessment I had at that situation, but as I said after the contact I thought this will slow down both of you.
Enough waffle, after the first lap accordion effect (you say that in english?) of some braking cars at the first fast turns (no offense, watched replay, racing incidents....) which led to some unforced offs further back (including me) had some great battles (especially with Steve, great stuff) and fun.
Had not much practice so I only figured out half way how to take these corner exits the best. I think this track is one of the most unforgiving tracks if you dont get the exit right. If someone has results could you please post it. And fastest laps were about four thenth faster in a Mazda if you could get in the Abarth slipstream. So again it was an interseting combination.
Thanks all for racing, shame for the incidents, congrats to podium and thx for hosting.
cu next time

That whole lap leading up to that off was a tough run for us all! :thumbsup: I had the slip stream on Mika, but you had it on me. Seeing your view from it, I definitely had a little more room than I thought and could have stayed lower. Next time the 3 of us are door to door I'll give you both some extra space :p

Last edited:
:thumbsup:....as I said shame that it happened, not your fault, as it would have been a great battle between the three of us. Guess these things are inevitable sometimes in close racing. Looking forward to the next races. To my notion this was one of the closest MX5 race in terms of competitiveness, great stuff.

A bit disappointing race for me. I did allright in qually with 3rd, lost some places because the Mazdas had a better start but after that I could quite easily follow the frontrunners. When Allan went high on the dunes just before T6 I thought I could pass him but unfortunately we had contact when he returned on track, causing me to go off. A lot of cars passed and Allan and I continued together. My overtaking of Mazda's and Abarths went quite well and just before my pitstop I was 4th again with Ernie at about 6s. I totally screwed up my pitstop by overshooting and on top of that I selected the emergency pitstop with only 4l of fuel so I knew I had to do another pitstop which I did after 2 more laps. I also changed tyres then because I knew I would be last anyway and I'd better enjoy the race with good tyres.
I could close the gap to the backmarker Mazdas and had some nice overtakes.
In the last lap Paul and Kimi went very slow because they didn't have enough fuel. I could pass them just before the finishline getting on the podium surprisingly.

Apart from my misery I thought this was a great race where the Abarths and the Mazdas were fairly equal though the Abarth had the advantage that overtaking was easier on the straight. Also nice was the fuel strategy for the Abarths to slow down for fuel saving or go all in with a second stop.

Great that we had 19 drivers in this holiday season! Thanks all for joining and congrats to the podium!
Hope to see you next week!

Last edited:

Latest News

Back