Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Riverside near Los Angeles, California, was noted for its hot, dusty environment and for being a somewhat complicated and dangerous track for drivers. It was also considered one of the finest tracks in the United States. The track was in operation from September 22, 1957, to July 2, 1989, with the last race held in 1988.

Like Bridgehampton, Riverside has 'natural' track limits due to the sand next to the black stuff. It will slow you down considerably if you hit it with a wheel. Clean driving is therefore extra important on this circuit.
So if are you in for a real challenge, sign up and start practicing!

It's a multiclass and for some more excitement and action we bend the rules a bit: BLUE FLAGS CAN BE IGNORED IF THE LAPPING CAR IS FROM A DIFFERENT CLASS!

1659028069615.png

So join us for another exciting race and:

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post in this thread and I will send you a PM with it.):

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 1.15 hour - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Riverside, USA
  • Pit stop: Mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

There was something that I "willed myself to forget" about Riverside, and that is that the AIdiots are completely useless there for a "race simulation"

They´ll just have a "full race Yellow" at "Campground Corner" :sick:

View attachment 587096

MFG Carsten
Well you probably will see a similar picture next Wednesday as everyone forgot about the starting grip at 96%!

I'm in. Hoping to have a better race than last time on the track. That sand is punishing.

Also, I have still to find the river...

Well, it seems I learned a bit in the last few months. :) Also, the setup I used last time was terrible, as I found out when I tried it tonight. Switched to a version of my baseline and I have spent a lot less time in the sand. I'm not the only one to have found time, though...

Ok this will be another missed race for me. I managed to finish the new computer build today (because I found I'm out the hardware world since too much time, and I messed up everything before being able to have a working PC, and it took more than an entire week! :O_o: ) but above all, Wednesday evening I will be thinking of you friends from the seaside :roflmao: Just a quick three days, but well deserved. See you on Aug 10th!

Ok this will be another missed race for me. I managed to finish the new computer build today (because I found I'm out the hardware world since too much time, and I messed up everything before being able to have a working PC, and it took more than an entire week! :O_o: ) but above all, Wednesday evening I will be thinking of you friends from the seaside :roflmao: Just a quick three days, but well deserved. See you on Aug 10th!
If in the end it runs its all good.

Have a nice trip.

MFG Carsten

Enjoy your break, Omar.

I'm In also :thumbsup:
Could I also have the password?
You're very welcome!

Password send.

As you are new with us, please read everything in the 1st post very carefully, especially the link to our rules. Joining the voice chat on Discord isn't mandatory but highly recommended.

And last please enter your real name in your RaceDepartment account.
Click on you avatar in the upper right, go to account details, scroll down and use the field Real Name for that. It should be the same name you're using on S.GP.

See you on track!

Last edited:
Ha Ha, looks as though I have my work cut out,:( not only worrying about Han, I now have Fulvio to contend with plus Venelin. It looks as though my lucky run with the Abarth is going to come to a sticky end.
Oh well good while it lasted.:)
The good news is Alan has a free run, but now he has 4 Abarths to overtake.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

Back