Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1687432770118-png.673839

Mazda-MX-5-Miata-Cup-Car.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

After very positive reactions on the 24h format last week we're using that format again this week to get the teething problems out of the way as soon as possible. This time a very different track but one I liked a lot when I was testing it. It's a fictional track on the coast of Australia but based on real roads I believe. The modder Donny Werner has created several great tracks of which some we will visit in the future.

As a special feature we will do this race in a 24hour format with 24x time multiplier so we will have day/night with transitions in an hour race!
To experience this you need to have CSP and SOL installed and activated.

1687988365132.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/dfca355d-15d6-4adf-a6ad-80ebc5d4af66?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
Aaaand my opinion is : it´s interesting.:rolleyes:

First thoughts were that Han managed to sneak in another city track, but it opens up a little later on.
But not to much, there´s still a lot of concrete barriers.:O_o:

Unfortunately I don´t have to decide whether I want to drive here because I just got nominated for a business trip on wednesday, starting tuesday.

So I´m out of this weeks races and off to play with motorcycles in a strange land.

Have fun guys and try not to fall victim to the "SeparatorTM" chicane at D38

Despite my best intentions I missed the last couple of events, such is life at the moment that I'm never sure until the day of the event. Hopefully I can make it though
Hi William,

Make sure you have installed CSP and SOL and LightingFX and WeatherFX activated for the day/night transition. It works on the practice server so you can test it there.

Gave the track a few quick laps this evening and it feels quite technical, with so many different types of corners and elevations. Should be an interesting experience. :thumbsup:

What I didn't like is the pit exit straight into a corner where the best line is to completely cut any traffic on track - risk for some massive accidents here is high so be careful guys!

As is typical from these street circuits I found myself fighting the understeering Abarth too much so I'm going to switch to the nimble Mazda this time.

I'm having trouble joining the practice server this keeps happening to me any ideas
offline is fine no trouble at all
View attachment 676588

Joe you might be missing SOL and/or CSP. We are running this race in a 24h format (in 1 hour) so you will need both installed for the day/night cycle as well as lighting and stuff (see green writing on the first message). Check the thread from last week's race where we did Le Mans and some people also needed help with these things.

@HF2000 Suggestion: had a link to the installation guide of both of these things on the races that will used them, might be helpful.

Although not necessary it is also recommended to install the extra skins for both the Abarths and Mazdas. If you miss these the game will just show a random default skin so it should not prevent you from joining the server.

Gave the track a few quick laps this evening and it feels quite technical, with so many different types of corners and elevations. Should be an interesting experience. :thumbsup:

What I didn't like is the pit exit straight into a corner where the best line is to completely cut any traffic on track - risk for some massive accidents here is high so be careful guys!

As is typical from these street circuits I found myself fighting the understeering Abarth too much so I'm going to switch to the nimble Mazda this time.

Joe you might be missing SOL and/or CSP. We are running this race in a 24h format (in 1 hour) so you will need both installed for the day/night cycle as well as lighting and stuff (see green writing on the first message). Check the thread from last week's race where we did Le Mans and some people also needed help with these things.

@HF2000 Suggestion: had a link to the installation guide of both of these things on the races that will used them, might be helpful.

Although not necessary it is also recommended to install the extra skins for both the Abarths and Mazdas. If you miss these the game will just show a random default skin so it should not prevent you from joining the server.
Hi mate
I have the latest version of CM installed and also SOL 2.2.9 installed as well
I have uninstall and reinstalled SOL 3 times I just get stuck in the loading screen
Do I have to enable anything in the settings????

When I get home from work tonight I will install those custom skins and seeing that works

Hi mate
I have uninstall and reinstalled SOL 3 times I just get stuck in the loading screen

When I get home from work tonight I will install those custom skins and seeing that works
I also uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and I have lost some paid mods is there anyway i can recover those cars
Thanks you for all your help u really appreciate it

Hi mate

Yes, you need to install/enable Custom Shaders Patch in CM.
See here how to do it:

Here's what I'm using:
1688374041340.png

I should probably be using version 0.1.79 instead, but 0.1.78 is working fine.

I also recommend increasing the headlight wideness in Lighting FX on the left menu since we will be racing in the night.

And of course do not forget to assign a button to turn on/off your headlights. That can be done in settings > assetto corsa > controls > patch.

I hope this helps, let me know later in the evening if you are able to join the server after CSP has been installed.

Yes, you need to install/enable Custom Shaders Patch in CM.
See here how to do it:

Here's what I'm using:

I should probably be using version 0.1.79 instead, but 0.1.78 is working fine.

I also recommend increasing the headlight wideness in Lighting FX on the left menu since we will be racing in the night.

And of course do not forget to assign a button to turn on/off your headlights. That can be done in settings > assetto corsa > controls > patch.

I hope this helps, let me know later in the evening if you are able to join the server after CSP has been installed.
I'm using version
0.1.79 CSP I will try switching to 0.1.78 see how that goes
Do you think SOL version 2.2.9 could also be the problem

I'm using version
0.1.79 CSP I will try switching to 0.1.78 see how that goes
Do you think SOL version 2.2.9 could also be the problem
I have switched off the checksum checks for CSP and SOL for the practice server for now. Tell me if you still can't join the server so if we can see that the installation of those two is your problem.

I have switched off the checksum checks for CSP and SOL for the practice server for now. Tell me if you still can't join the server so if we can see that the installation of those two is your problem.
Yeah I will do mate I will try after work tonight
I really appreciate all your help sorry for being a pain in the arse

Latest News

Back