AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Monza, Wed 7th September 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
One more thing I remembered reading. If you have both the paddles and H-shifter connected, and you use a car that has manual gearbox (ie. no paddles), AC should always force you to use the correct shifter. I think this would also mean, that if RSR shows that there is an H-shifter connected, it also should have been used. Could be wrong, though.
Maybe there is some cheat that can bypass this, but I haven't heard of such a thing. I've never had a shifter so I haven't been able to test things like this.

Last edited:
One more thing I remembered reading. If you have both the paddles and H-shifter connected, and you use a car that has manual gearbox (ie. no paddles), AC should always force you to use the correct shifter. I think this would also mean, that if RSR shows that there is an H-shifter connected, it also should have been used. Could be wrong, though.
Maybe there is some cheat that can bypass this, but I haven't heard of such a thing. I've never had a shifter so I haven't been able to test things like this.
there is an option to disable or active the h-shifter on CM . i think also but im not sure u can change that in game on right side of the monitor . i saw the video of the 911 R hes not using manual no way the engine dont stall with (fullthrottle thats what i mean) gas and clutch

Last edited:
there is an option to disable or active the h-shifter on CM . i think also but im not sure u can change that in game on right side of the monitor . i saw the video of the 911 R hes not using manual no way the engine dont stall with gas and clutch
Should've noticed that H-shifter option, but I guess I've had no reason to see it :D
Regarding the 911 R video, what does he gain by using clutch with paddles? The only time I've had to do that has been with cars that absolutely need the clutch in the start, for example VRC Auriel 90. But I've never needed clutch for shifting...

prob when he press the paddle for shift the click autoclutch at the same ms or is the . no i dont really know fact the engine dont go in stall dunno why autoblip? or hes Merlin the third option

Last edited:
Should've noticed that H-shifter option, but I guess I've had no reason to see it :D
Regarding the 911 R video, what does he gain by using clutch with paddles? The only time I've had to do that has been with cars that absolutely need the clutch in the start, for example VRC Auriel 90. But I've never needed clutch for shifting...
this video u mean right?

Generally cars fitted with Paddle shifts dont have a clutch.My old Jag XF-RS was Auto, with Paddles..Select third gearbox option with paddles,car went into Def-Con 3 mode..:D
:roflmao::roflmao::sneaky::sneaky:
i know they have a clutch integrated but i mean the game shows the clutch when u are on paddles normally doesnt show that imput

Last edited:
we was talking about this dude using manual cars if u see the video allan he go fullthrottle end of the limiter switching the gears without lifting the gas using the clutch at the end of the rpm and not making the stall sound

Out of interest, I checked the data of 911 R and then tested it with autoclutch on. The car has autoclutch disabled on upshifts, and it also uses autoclutch for gear changes even when autoclutch is off (according to the settings).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it means that it always uses autoclutch on downshifts?
It also has autoblip, but you probably knew that already.

With autoclutch on, the Pedals app didn't show any clutch input on upshifts, but did show the input on downshifts. In the video there's clutch input also on upshifts, which would at least confirm that he doesn't use autoclutch.

But I think the third option is the most probable - he's either a wizard or an alien. :D

EDIT: I tried the same car without autoclutch, and now Pedals app didn't show any clutch input on downshifts. So despite the car's autoclutch settings, it didn't look like the autoclutch was used. Didn't feel that way either, but I didn't take notice how it felt with autoclutch on.

Last edited:
paddles is the way to do hotlaps , h-shifter for race's . thats doenst mean hes doing that cuz he's on paddles because this dude is absolutely a beast and apparently no1 can beat him. Allan Roboclutch is the way to go nowdays on road and track but some manufacture they made those things horrible like Jag and Merc in some models and mby ur model is one of them

Last edited:
For the shifting discussion:

irl racecars can have sequential gearboxes (dogboxes) which are shifted clutchless. For the mechanical variation (partially) lift the throttle for upshift and blip for downshift.
In modern variants everything is controlled by the cars ECUs, just rip the lever or paddles.

Both types need a mechanically controlled clutch for race starts.

MFG Carsten

Well just done some of my own experimentings, I can say with a fair bit of certainty that manual is quicker than flappy paddles.
but I will not be using a manual, I find paddles much better for me, so i
will not be going manual, even if I could for a race.

For the shifting discussion:

irl racecars can have sequential gearboxes (dogboxes) which are shifted clutchless. For the mechanical variation (partially) lift the throttle for upshift and blip for downshift.
In modern variants everything is controlled by the cars ECUs, just rip the lever or paddles.

Both types need a mechanically controlled clutch for race starts.

MFG Carsten
is what we call an integrated clutch system but we was talking about the game on a manual car

Latest News

Back