Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Now again a track where the Abarths probably will have the advantage.
The Temple of Speed in Italy, the famous Monza circuit!
Can the Mazda's make good use of their cornering to create a gap in parabolica where the Abarths will have severe understeer to prevent they get overtaken for the first chicane?

It's a multiclass and for some more excitement and action we bend the rules a bit: BLUE FLAGS CAN BE IGNORED IF THE LAPPING CAR IS FROM A DIFFERENT CLASS!

IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

I'm on holiday and if Brian or Markus are not able to attend, there will not be a host for this event. I expect everyone to drive as clean and respectful as always. If there's a severe incident that needs attention of a staff member please save and provide the replay. I will have a look when I'm back.

monza-circuit2.jpg

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise send a PM to @Interslice or @abecede and they will give you the password.):
It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Monza, Italy
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
@Allan Ramsbottom you already have a fantastic pace mate. I hope I will be able to get some before the race.
I just wanted to apologise for the panic at Lesmo 2, I saw you spinning in my rearview mirror.. I had too much understeer and I released the throttle a bit when I found myself almost on the turf.

Bit shocked to find the pace is the similar here, I would have thought the Abarth would romp away. Not so, The Mazda is more than a match.
I think the long straights will be in the Abarth favour, you Mazda drivers are going to have a hell of a time trying to overtake, even though you have a better lap time.
That Han certainly knows how to pick circuits.

Am I taking this Abarth and Mazda thing too seriously.

Hi guys,

Please check out the new ranking feature for the S.GP platform. Version 1.0 which is now released is only for gathering data. In the next version there will be admin tools to use ranking. I don't know if and how I'm going to use it for my events but from now on I will configure my events with the ranking option so data can be gathered. Of course I will not implement any ranking rules this without consulting my audience and my fellow organizers.
But it can be a nice addition in our future events and championships.

Hi guys,

Please check out the new ranking feature for the S.GP platform. Version 1.0 which is now released is only for gathering data. In the next version there will be admin tools to use ranking. I don't know if and how I'm going to use it for my events but from now on I will configure my events with the ranking option so data can be gathered. Of course I will not implement any ranking rules this without consulting my audience and my fellow organizers.

I just realized that I most probably won't be able to join the race because I've been invited out for dinner by a pleasant, beautiful, charming woman and I can't lose this chance of chit chatting with her.. for once without out sons that are all out for dinner as well. :D
So, speaking of the ranking, would it be better to withdraw now (as I'll be out almost for sure) and not have a DNF in the record, or keep the reservation and withdraw only if everything goes well (i.e. my wife won't have headaches or so) at the last minute, with the risk of forgetting it? There are still quite a bit of free spots at the moment.. I don't want to prevent anyone to join.

Hi guys,

Please check out the new ranking feature for the S.GP platform. Version 1.0 which is now released is only for gathering data. In the next version there will be admin tools to use ranking. I don't know if and how I'm going to use it for my events but from now on I will configure my events with the ranking option so data can be gathered. Of course I will not implement any ranking rules this without consulting my audience and my fellow organizers. But it can be a nice addition in our future events and championships.

Very interesting, especially that it works across games to build up and that takes into account so many variables specific to racing. If we can help develop it by ranking our races I'm up for it... I don't expect to shoot high but will be happy to give back to SGP by sharing my data. :)

Last edited:
Hi guys,

i learn 1 thing about ranking in games . just make players toxic and more aggressive . the outcome probably would be more incidents . would be fun to try this new thing on ac but i dont think is a good add-on.

I tend to agree Fulvio, not sure it would increase bad behaviour?
Here we are all equal, that is the way I like it, that is the way it should be.
It is bad enough being last and the field of cars that are disappearing into the distance, but adding a ranking to your meagre attempts seems like a bridge too far.
Maybe it is something that exists in the back ground and is generally not obvious.
I am sure there is a more positive point of view .
Time will tell.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Great! I love statistics :D

For a circuit that has so much speed, the multitude of chicanes makes it so difficult. Never really realised that in other cars. The Abarth is continuously punishing you at every one of them.
At least you do not spin, so that is a blessing.

I tend to agree Fulvio, not sure it would increase bad behaviour?
Here we are all equal, that is the way I like it, that is the way it should be.
It is bad enough being last and the field of cars that are disappearing into the distance, but adding a ranking to your meagre attempts seems like a bridge too far.
Maybe it is something that exists in the back ground and is generally not obvious.
I am sure there is a more positive point of view .
Time will tell.
As I said, from my part it will be a democratic process if and how to use it.
But if our events get so succesful that we have full grids, it would be nice to do two events simultaniously based on ranking.
An other opportunity is to have events with cars that have not quite similar performance and in which the high ranking drivers will get the slowest cars.

But at this moment I don't know what will be possible with the admin tools.

Ernie did u run out of fuel?cuz i saw u pit 1 lap before in the first stint anyway gg's congratz Thomas on p1 class . also sry for the guy in 3 wide even if i was not involved in that i feel sry for pressure on holding the line on the 2nd straight i was even off track to give u extra space if u check the replay

Last edited:

Latest News

Back