Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

The F1goes to Canada this week and as we never raced in Montreal before, we will follow them so we get to know the track from a drivers perspective.

The 4.5 km long circuit Ile de Notre Dame (later renamed Circuit Gilles Villeneuve) was built on an artificial island in the Saint Lawrence. It was designed by Roger Peart in the middle of lakes and the pavilion parks of the Expo 67. It runs along the rowing course used for the 1976 Olympic Games. One of the most characteristic images is the pavilion that looks like a huge golf ball as a backdrop to the cars in the hairpin.

1686176373667.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/dfca355d-15d6-4adf-a6ad-80ebc5d4af66?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

• Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Montreal, Canada https://www.mediafire.com/file/486p5ww0ub0czjb/montreal.rar
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 40%
  • Tyre wear: 10%

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
Track is interesting, but too many chicanes for my Abarth. :O_o:
This will provide some close racing for sure.

Are we skipping the skins again for this race?

Just had a look to see if I signed up for this race, are the days gone when I was guaranteed a top three place, ( only three Abarth's in the race :thumbsup: ) there are now almost as many Abarth's as there are Mazda's.:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
Don't try to put yourself in the underdog position, Ernie. You're leading the "Championship"by far:p! You're the man to beat tonight!

Guys,
Tonight we will be accompanied by @RasmusP . He will monitor things to get clues for the warping. Although I hope we won't have any, it would be a good thing that we will for that reason.

So please, if your experience warping up to a level that it's getting annoying', I'll ask you to stay on the server so we will have all the data we can get.
Thanks in advance:thumbsup:.

And please say something every time you see any warping happening so I get audio time stamps!

Doesn't need to be a full sentence. Just "warping!" and maybe the name of the driver would be enough and I'll try to jump to that driver.

I'll record the server's hardware monitor + my AC via two OBS streams + audio with discord, so we'll have synchronized timestamps and hopefully some better overview about what's happening in these moments :)

And please say something every time you see any warping happening so I get audio time stamps!

Doesn't need to be a full sentence. Just "warping!" and maybe the name of the driver would be enough and I'll try to jump to that driver.
I've put that request of you also as the welcome message on screen while joining the server and also as message in the chat in pits menu.

Latest News

Back