AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Jeddah, Wed 15th March 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Struggle in qualifying, struggled in the race, struggled with a lot of corners I just could not get right, struggled to understand what happened to Han, struggled with pc frame rate, struggled with the pace of everyone , you could say this was a race of “struggling”

4B0538A2-C5CA-4E14-A6BC-9EF6F61F2437.jpeg

Thanks all for racing. It was fun. Afterwards I tried one lap at night at the Feldbergring. I found it great! Please try it also and let me know if you like it.

And I saw several things I didn't see before:
You've truly outdone yourself this time Han... Running a night race there will be a serious code brown situation... Here is a snippet:

Can't wait!

Last edited:
Fun track in the floodlights! :cool: I had only 12 practice laps before last night's event and had only 20 min. of practice so I wasn't expecting much and got P15 to start, next to Bouke again. :laugh: Had a mildly decent launch but I was on the receiving end of a punterino when turning into T1 which spun me into the pit exit... yet I quickly spun myself back on track but I got shoved once more which got me facing the wrong way and into Bouke's headlights... so I waited for everyone to pass by and got back in the cue as soon as I could. I was dead last but started my recovery race straight away. I had a few fun chases and scraps from time to time but it was a lonely race most of the time, specially after my pitstop, but I was glad I managed to climb back to P15 on pace and cautious overtakes. It was an intense experience overall with the unforgiving nature of this track. I was more empty than my fuel tank at the end but really enjoyed the whole thing... I kind of like Saudi now so looking forward to sunday's F1 race there this weekend! :D

Congratulations to the podium finishers and winners, especially my buddy Andre, great job amigo! :thumbsup: And Han for sticking to the idea of a night race, it was worth all the hassle with Sol... for a race without a sol... haha! :roflmao: I may not be able to join you next wednesday but hope you do have a good one chaps... I'm putting my money on a night drive at the Feldbergring, don't know why, ha!

Last edited:
Next week: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...500-mazdamx5-fuji-wed-22nd-march-2023.256554/

As for night racing, I think it would be great to do the @Fat-Alfie Championship this year in an endurance format with an hour race and 24x time multiplier.
But I have to test first all these tracks in nighttime.
Just a thought Han - I had some night races where I got kicked from the server; I set the headlights to give a wider 'spread' of 150% (you can do this in (CM) 'Custom shader patch>Lighting FX>Headlights wideness'). I did it 'cos my eyesight is crap:O_o:, but at 100% wideness the light doesn't cover the width of the track on many tracks, especially those without street lights.

I don't know how they did it (in the server settings), but when I mentioned it, they changed settings to allow it.

Apologies if you knew about this, I'll shut up now:roflmao:

Just a thought Han - I had some night races where I got kicked from the server; I set the headlights to give a wider 'spread' of 150% (you can do this in (CM) 'Custom shader patch>Lighting FX>Headlights wideness'). I did it 'cos my eyesight is crap:O_o:, but at 100% wideness the light doesn't cover the width of the track on many tracks, especially those without street lights.

I don't know how they did it (in the server settings), but when I mentioned it, they changed settings to allow it.

Apologies if you knew about this, I'll shut up now:roflmao:
Thanks, John.

No, I didn't know this. I will see if I can find such a setting somewhere.

Latest News

Back