AC Multiclass Abarth 500/Mazda MX5@Luccaring, Wednesday 25th May 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm actually really looking forward to this race. I don't really like street circuits because of the wall problems (in general because I'm not consistent enough to get close but not him them) and I definitely played some Pinball here already (hitting the left wall, just to get kicked across the track and right off it, never to return again), but with the Mazda it feels like it's under control way more than in GT3/F1 cars and not as punishing usually.
So I hope I can keep it on the track if I do not drive on the limit as much as in practice. But as always, everything that could go wrong will go wrong :D

Last edited:
That fast right-hander at T4 is the scary one for us Mazdas - there's kerb everywhere, and if you even think about riding them with your foot down you're instantly bouncing straight off that left wall and into a huge ditch on the inside of the course. Another fun feature is the possibility to hit a tree head-on at full tilt if the rear end gets playful coming through T8. Thankfully I've managed to keep it on track for a race distance vs AI, albeit at back-marker pace.

This is going to be fun :D

Last edited:
Who are you calling chicken??

(I can't hear you ;))

MFG Carsten
1653321716962.png

Well Carsten i absolutely agree this circuit is just not meant for anything quick. when I checked here before it was in the 1960s cooper S, which matches this circuit, still difficult, but doable.
I have spent ages here, probably an hour, most went into setup because I could not complete even one lap. So I might as well go back to pits into the setup menu.
One small mistake, just it is not one mistake, a bounce off the wall puts you into a tree, if you are lucky, if not a river.
I have a cracking setup now, well I would, never got a lap in.

Finally, I am not that far from a Mazda lap but will need an hour of qualifying to get there.
PS and a 4 hour race to compete the required laps:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

1653321716962.png
1653321716962.png

.....................Carsten....................................................Ernie

Last edited:
Hi all!
Considering the tricky track (no pun intended!) and the fact that on Friday I'll have another racing commitment (but this time, IRL) I don't think I'll register for the race. Had no time to practice and the reports from you are soooo scary :roflmao:

Enjoy you race guys, see you next week!

Hi all!
Considering the tricky track (no pun intended!) and the fact that on Friday I'll have another racing commitment (but this time, IRL) I don't think I'll register for the race. Had no time to practice and the reports from you are soooo scary :roflmao:

Enjoy you race guys, see you next week!
Omar!!! How can you miss this! In your home country in one of the most beautiful cities and with the opportunity to drive an iconic Italian car!!!

I already had little understanding for @stigs2cousin chickening out, but I never thought you'd get the shivers from this:confused:.

Omar!!! How can you miss this! In your home country in one of the most beautiful cities and with the opportunity to drive an iconic Italian car!!!

I already had little understanding for @stigs2cousin chickening out, but I never thought you'd get the shivers from this:confused:.

Eh eh.. :D I know, but this kart race happens just once a year so I have to take the chance this week.

Indeed, Lucca is praised as a beautiful city but you know what? Even if it's not that far from where I live (2,5 h by car) I've never been there. Maybe it's because many says that it remembers Ferrara historically and architecturally, and as Ferrara is my home city I always thought is't not worth to drive two and a half hours when I can drive just half or even go by bike to Ferrara if I feel like so ;)

Last edited:
Eh eh.. :D I know, but this kart race happens just once a year so I have to take the chance this week.

Indeed, Lucca is praised as a beautiful city but you know what? Even if it's not that far from where I live (2,5 h by car) I've never been there. Maybe it's because many says that it remembers Ferrara historically and architecturally, and as Ferrara is my home city I always thought is't not worth to drive two and a half hours when I can drive just half or even go by bike to Ferrara if I feel like so ;)
Well I've been twice to Lucca as my ancestor came from a very small village near this town and it's indeed very beautiful. Me and my family thought it was even nicer than Florence or Pisa to visit.
Those towns have their famous buildings but Lucca is as a city with the walls and the small streets much nicer. In that aspect it has more resemblance with Siena.

But I think it's well worth for a weekend trip where you combine Lucca with Pisa and/or Viareggio and maybe also visit the famous Devil's bridge at Borgo a Mezzano:

1653472569812.png

You get an impression from Lucca by watching the Top Gear episode that starts there:

Last edited:

Ferrara also looks very nice:thumbsup:! Too bad I didn't know that when we stayed near Vicenza for a week a couple of years ago:(. We went to Verona and Venezia then.
I envy you and most Italians to live in such a magnificent environment and climate.

This is basically my view when I get out of town:
1653473388863.png

Last edited:
Ferrara also looks very nice:thumbsup:! Too bad I didn't know that when we stayed near Vicenza for a week a couple of years ago:(. We went to Verona and Venezia then.
I envy you and most Italians to live in such a magnificent environment and climate.

This is basically my view when I get out of town:
View attachment 569361

This could be very well the view I have outside of my house ;) at least on a couple of sides!

Latest News

Back