AC Multiclass Abarth 500/Mazda MX5@Luccaring, Wednesday 25th May 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Because the Seattle track has no pitstopfacilities we're switching to the Luccaring.

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Another FWD vs RWD clash this week but now in a multiclass format. The F1 goes to the famous Monaco city track but because that circuit is not available on S.GP we're going to an other city track: the beautiful Luccaring in Tuscany, Italy.

It's a multiclass and for some more excitement and action we bend the rules a bit: BLUE FLAGS CAN BE IGNORED IF THE LAPPING CAR IS FROM A DIFFERENT CLASS!

A change from last week is that tyre wear and fuel usage will be 100%. That means that the Abarths will need at least one pitstop.

Lucca_street_circuit.jpg.da06fb27c95f30e36c4c64ee0e6e5ad0.jpg

So join us for another exciting race and:

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post in this thread and I will send you a PM with it.):

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Luccaring, Italy
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps:20C air/27C track
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Attachments

• 1652988144787.png
    1652988144787.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hi Han

I might be able to get some time off for good behavior and race on Wednesday but noted that the Abarths will need a pitstop.

When we ran the Minis here we found that there was no pitstop available and that it was quicker to go through the pitlane. I have just tried the practice server and no pitstop showing.

Also I have no idea what Carsten is on about, these being "CWS***Boxes", wheels in line at all times! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Screenshot_ks_abarth500_assetto_corse_oulton_park_1-1-121-21-53-39.jpg

Hi Han

I might be able to get some time off for good behavior and race on Wednesday but noted that the Abarths will need a pitstop.

When we ran the Minis here we found that there was no pitstop available and that it was quicker to go through the pitlane. I have just tried the practice server and no pitstop showing.

Also I have no idea what Carsten is on about, these being "CWS***Boxes", wheels in line at all times! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: View attachment 568144
Thanks Paul! I guess I will switch to the Luccaring then.

ooof, Luccaring? I tried it once and could not come to terms with it.

Abarth's with pitstops seems fun and I wonder if I will need 2 given how nicely I treat those tyres :rolleyes:

In anyway, I'm not signing up yet because I'll be having a freshly adopted rescued dog :poop: running around my small appartment arriving in a couple of days and I'm not sure if I'll be able to practice much or even join the race.

ooof, Luccaring? I tried it once and could not come to terms with it.

Abarth's with pitstops seems fun and I wonder if I will need 2 given how nicely I treat those tyres :rolleyes:

In anyway, I'm not signing up yet because I'll be having a freshly adopted rescued dog :poop: running around my small appartment arriving in a couple of days and I'm not sure if I'll be able to practice much or even join the race.
Best of luck with your new house guest, may he/she become a member of the family soon.

MFG Carsten

Hi Han

Also I have no idea what Carsten is on about, these being "CWS***Boxes", wheels in line at all times! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: View attachment 568144
Actually thats a past time of mine, I have a spare set of (rear) wheels for that :cool:

The big diference that I initiate the drift on purpose and at the time am not surrrounded by other position craving rotters.;)

Also thanks to Bono Wright the "crabwalking shitbox" has been domesticated to the "tyredevouring" shitbox.

Let´s research how that plays out on Lucca Ring :O_o:

MFG Carsten

Edith: and never forget the "bumpstop hopping shitbox" as easy to drive as Ernies setup is, it feels wrong to crash the cars "shocks" over every bump as high as a coin, not to mention over the drempel :mad:

Last edited:
Considering my usual speed and position, does this mean that should I'll be lapped by an Abarth I can defend the position? :roflmao:
If you're in a Mazda, yes you can! If a guy in an Abarth with pitstops will lap you without pitstops, he's so freaking fast, overtaking won't be a problem.
But an Abarth that will unlap himself by overtaking you is quite possible.

First time I've seen this track. I guess I will hug the walls a few times in qualifying. But getting the maximum out of every exit seems extremely crucial here :cautious:

That is indeed the secret salsa... :)

Did some local laps (coz re-downloading Race Room ;) ) and I improved my PB 1.4 sec. from our last race here... that was half a year ago? Had to scratch the car to improve some exits so if you see purple paint on the rails, that is NOT your apex... :D

Last edited:
Interesting, not sure many will stay on the circuit for 45 min, I think the Abarth may not be that humbled by the Mazdas after all.
anyone got a Mazda time.

Latest News

Back