AC Multiclass Abarth 500/Maxda MX5 @LeMans, Wed 8th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Not signing up for the time being to wait for next week's multiclass location (possibly Baku, given the F1 race and the fact that we're now used to have time for a sip of beer on the circuit main straight?). But this must be fun.. I'll decide later in the week.
No Baku next week. Not available on S.GP. That goes also for Canada (F1 next week).
So we have LeMans for Baku this week (and because it's also the 24h of LeMans this weekend).

For next week we haven't decided yet. Maybe for the multiclass a track not so suited for GT's like Kemora: A short circuit with a dominant straight. Could be interesting with the 500/MX5.
1654604256849.png

So we won't have another city circuit, what a shame
Well if you enter the Drive-To-Survive championship you can race all F1 circuits in a kart layout.
Thursday Baku!. I guarantee you that these tracks have the same challenges as the normal tracks.
And the cars are so much fun! And it only costs you 1 hour of your time (P,Q,R).

Well if you enter the Drive-To-Survive championship you can race all F1 circuits in a kart layout.
Thursday Baku!. I guarantee you that these tracks have the same challenges as the normal tracks.
And the cars are so much fun! And it only costs you 1 hour of your time (P,Q,R).

It seems that my sarcasm wasn't evident enough :roflmao: I'll think about the Drive to survive championship, anyway!

The most curious thing:

as time warp is a function of "weather effects" the weather FX app has to be active in CM :rolleyes:

After I got that it works beautyfully :)

( Cars high beam is a little of a cheat, way too much light in front of the car and none of this anoying glare in the mirrors, just heaven :cool:)

MFG Carsten

(Let´s see if i can drive a "grown man´s car or if will chicken out again)

Edith:

View attachment 572493
Carsten,

Is activating the weatherFX in CSP sufficient for the day/night effect?

Carsten,

Is activating the weatherFX in CSP sufficient for the day/night effect?
Your asking ME a computer question?? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

The time multiplyer is in "the three dots" over the "Time of Day slider".

After "Weather FX" was ticked it started working for me.
(CM/CSP/SOL2.1)

And of course in AC/APPS all four SOL APPS activated

If there is more to it please ask someone who is knowledgeable about these things :rolleyes:

MFG Carsten

( who knows what "three Dots" are for)

Three Dots.PNG

Not sure if I can make the race today in time (if I will be home by then). So please remove me from the list if it is getting full.
But i really hope that i will be there for qualify/race atleast.
Sorry :(

Not sure if I can make the race today in time (if I will be home by then). So please remove me from the list if it is getting full.
But i really hope that i will be there for qualify/race atleast.
Sorry :(
No worries, I don't think we will have a full grid.
But one reminder: as this race is an hour and not 45 minutes, qually and race start 15 minutes earlier than usual.

Last edited:
But one reminder: as this race is an hour and not 45 minutes, qually and race start 15 minutes earlier than usual.
Dammit, didn' read that.

That's to close to my quittng time 2015 (with luck) so please remove me Han (I'm at work right now)

Sorry for the inconvenience (and my lack of reading skills)

MFG Carsten

Dammit, didn' read that.

That's to close to my quittng time 2015 (with luck) so please remove me Han (I'm at work right now)

Sorry for the inconvenience (and my lack of reading skills)

MFG Carsten
No I don't want to miss a chance to kick your a... have a nice friendly battle with you.
I think everyone will be allright to go back with the usual timelines and only to finish 15 min later.

EDIT: updated it. Practice, qually, race now start at the normal time.

Last edited:
No I don't want to miss a chance to kick your a... have a nice friendly battle with you.
I think everyone will be allright to go back with the usual timelines and only to finish 15 min later.

EDIT: updated it. Practice, qually, race now start at the normal time.

I'm OK with that... actually thought that would be the case so... wheew! :D

No worries, I don't think we will have a full grid.
Ok i definitely will not make it and can currently not sign out. Really sad that I miss this, especially since I wanted a battle with Allan after the one on LuccaRing ended before it began.

Good luck and fun to you all, though!

The dynamic between the Abarth and the MX5 was really interesting in this one. The 500s almost felt like a different class down the Mulsanne, especially in the opening laps when everyone was full of fuel, but the Mazdas looked much more comfortable in the tighter section either side of the pit straight. I feel like that straight-line advantage started to balance out a bit once everyone was lighter.

One-stopping this one with a 35L tank was a bit of a nervy experience - I spent most of my time checking my fuel gauge, barking at CrewChief, and doing some quick mental arithmetic to figure out if I'd make it all the way to the end :roflmao:

My front left was another question mark - it was falling away fast and I made the snap decision at the end of my in-lap to go for a tyre change as I watched the condition drop below 75%. It probably wasn't the correct decision, and even if I was driving on ice on the last lap I feel as though I could have got it over the line a good 15-20 seconds earlier and potentially made a place or two but hey ho.

I had some brilliant racing with some of the MX5s in the midfield, especially as I'd typically catch one of them on the straight after Mulsanne corner and then I'd have to defend like a lion (to quote Fernando) all the way through the difficult section. Thanks again to the Mazda lads for some really exciting action!

Congrats to the podiums and many thanks to Han as always for organising. And credit to Ernie, whose 500 setup appears to have been powering half the grid, including myself :D

As much as I like driving here, racing is another matter, probably the wait for each corner really gets to me. Nerves are a big hit here for me.:)
Other circuits you just flow from one bend to another, here I am lucky to get a legal lap, buggered if I ever know if I am within the limits or outside, apart from the obvious.
So that aside, I am so happy with the joy of sailing past the Mazdas :roflmao::roflmao:, plus had a great race with all I came across. So thanks every one for that.:)
Really enjoy it here , even after what I have just said, great event @HF2000., can only go from strength to strength.
Loved the chatter on Discord after, even if I do not always hear what is said.
9AF80E1A-4F76-4F06-BE14-7B1E1C51E46B.jpeg

Latest News

Back