Mods confirmed for AC EVO

Any simulation doesn't allow modding gets an overall score out of 90 not 100 from me :coffee:
A Motor racing sim is in a bit of a niche market, really the company should look to open that market as far as they can, the longevity of a game isn't just about being in the bargain bin for a decade and making pennies after the initial sales boom, it's about the prospect of being able to add DLC's for a good period, and building on the good will of the community to keep interest alive for a new release.

Yeah I know there's one born every minute, but when it comes to PC sims/games, for me if a studio says "My way or the Highway" I'll drag my feet for a year or so and even then I might just not bother.

Last edited:
Any simulation doesn't allow modding gets an overall score out of 90 not 100 from me :coffee:
These days it's a 70 or 80 from me instead of a 100.
I'm spoiled by a ton of great sims that support modding.

I'm also heavily "put off" by the modern DLC practices of sims like AMS 2 and LMU.
I'm like "finish the damn games you sold me first, and then focus on DLC you greedy A-holes!"

For example thanks to Overtakes article about the Jidé 1600 S today...

I now have a new car to drive today in AC for FREE that I've never heard of and it's fantastic!
Every day there is something created by the community for AC for users to enjoy depending on their tastes.

If Kunos had to validate and run all mods through their lawyers and get officially licensed for "EVO" we would NEVER see the variety of cars and tracks we have in AC now. PERIOD.

What Kunos plans on doing is simply cashing in on the work of select modders with EVO.

They will sell you a selection of AC's mod creators works that appeal to the masses that they can get licensing approved for and sell a lot of units of, so you can kiss any chances of driving your hometown track or driving that one off rare car you enjoy.

I'll be sticking to AC for another 10 years it seems ;)

Last edited:
They will sell you a selection of AC's mod creators works that appeal to the masses that they can get licensing approved for and sell a lot of units of, so you can kiss any chances of driving your hometown track or driving that one off rare car you enjoy.
Where you did you read this?

I'll be sticking to AC for another 10 years it seems
I feel the same, most of the time, these days, I asking my self, as I am indulging in my daily dose of SIM racing, retired that I am, why am I even bothering launching any of the other SIM titles that I own. I own and enjoy, don’t get me wrong, most, if not all, titles, on my terabytes of memory.
AC, for all the good reasons, has everything I crave in a SIM, does not make the others bad, just not as well suited to what I enjoy.
I am looking forward to see what Kunos, or what is left of it, since the golden days of NetKar pro, have concocted. Like I am happy to discover the new product from S397, LMU.
But, at the same time, none of the offering past, present and presumably near future are offering the depth, variety and freedom, we, sometime, take for granted in AC.
So for, lmdh, f1, dtm, GT1,2,3 4, btcc, wtcc, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’, 90’s, 2k And beyond, AC is my favourite SIM.
From where I sit, I cannot see ACE, changing anything about it or even making a dent.

Last edited:
I feel the same, most of the time, these days, I asking my self, as I am indulging in my daily dose of SIM racing, retired that I am, why am I even bothering launching any of the other SIM titles that I own. I own and enjoy, don’t get me wrong, most, if not all, titles, on my terabytes of memory.
AC, for all the good reasons, has everything I crave in a SIM, does not make the others bad, just not as well suited to what I enjoy.
I am looking forward to see what Kunos, or what is left of it, since the golden days of NetKar pro, have concocted. Like I am happy to discover the new product from S397, LMU.
But, at the same time, none of the offering past, present and presumably near future are offering the depth, variety and freedom, we, sometime, take for granted in AC.
So for, lmdh, f1, dtm, GT1,2,3 4, btcc, wtcc, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’, 90’s, 2k And beyond, AC is my favourite SIM.
From where I sit, I cannot see ACE, changing anything about it or even making a dent.
I fully appreciate where you're coming from (though for me it's GTL-GTR2), and for almost all of it I fully agree, it does sound like there's a step away from the modding scene as we know it for ACE, and that's possibly tied to some extra income for the company on the backs of talented cheap labour and/or a mindset change making the devs feel that this next one is gonna be a 'triple A' and comes with all the rules and company privileges asociated with the upper echelons of gaming.
But as I've said before I'll wait... unless I turn my toes up first (and that's likely with Elder Scrolls VI)

Paid mods with a small percentage going to the modder... how else would you get cheap 'legal' labour?
Contradicts the “step away from modding” comment you also made. Since you know, paid mods are also mods.

But that’s a wild speculation. It’s been a well known fact that the content stealing is a problem. And if DLC is planned, modding really hurts that.

Contradicts the “step away from modding” comment you also made. Since you know, paid mods are also mods.

But that’s a wild speculation. It’s been a well known fact that the content stealing is a problem. And if DLC is planned, modding really hurts that.
Somebody needs a pair of glasses, I said "as we know it"...
However, I believe that you're just being contrary so I'll not bother with you again.

why am I even bothering launching any of the other SIM titles that I own. I own and enjoy, don’t get me wrong, most, if not all, titles, on my terabytes of memory.

My philosophy for years ;)
Clearing out Steam was a revelation.
Vicious cycle once you have all sims, DLC and and start buying extra SSD just to store them :rolleyes:
My last tower build cured me.
I decided to buy a single 2TB gen5 SSD and add no old SDD whatsoever.
So C:\ 100GB gave me D:\ 1.5TB (+ freespace) to fit Steam sims and Patches ( I use GME for everything so I need patches locally )
To accomplish this I simply had to cut 75% of my Steam sims altogether.
Feels good.

Screenshot 2024-09-02 090001.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-02 091319.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for AC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 247 39.4%
  • Online service

Votes: 151 24.1%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 271 43.2%