Mods confirmed for AC EVO

Mods will be in ACE, according to Marco, but in a "different way". Sounds like not during early access at least, but glad they will be there somehow.
1720708790687.png

Sounds like a mod shop. So just converted and stolen assets in form of track remakes or car models will not be published.

Hopefully we can still access these someway and bypass the shop.

However one benefit is that the shop will have higher quality mods there and one stop place to find it all.

Conflicted.
Hmm, agreed.

Now reading the full article, I felt this I am totally on board with:

“What we want to prevent this time is abuses in how some Assetto Corsa modding is being used, because we don’t like to see stolen content from different sims.

“The vision behind modding is that it should let people express their talent and create their own content.

“When someone grabs content from another game using third-party tools and they just put in the game or they sell it on third-party websites, it’s far against the vision we have for it. We believe that it also gives a bad perception of those people who spend a lot of time creating original content."

But, on the other hand, I don't know how they can do this without annoying some people.

I see also that Rennsport will have a mod marketplace too - so maybe this is a trend now? Mods are great, but too little moderation and the bad mods run wild?

Assetto Corsa EVO: modding support will be in a "more creative way"​

The first Assetto Corsa, released way back in December 2014, allowed the development of a truly exceptional modding panorama, with cars, tracks, apps, graphic improvements and even weather conditions created by enthusiasts, which certainly contributed to the longevity of the Kunos Simulazioni title.

A recent chat between Marco Massarutto - cofounder of Kunos - with the guys from Traxion allows us to reveal some information on what will be the modding support applied to the next Assetto Corsa EVO, the highly anticipated sequel to the first title. “We are working on our completely new technology created in-house for EVO and the development is not finished yet,” Executive Director Massarutto explained to Traxion. “Maybe we could create a lightweight editor like we did for the original Assetto Corsa so that people can contribute to the creation of content. Modding is certainly one of the open topics on the table, but no decision has yet been made. At the moment, we are focused on creating the [EVO] game itself."

The Italian studio wants to avoid some of the results seen for the predecessor: "What we want to prevent this time are abuses in the way Assetto Corsa modding is used, because we don't like to see content stolen from different sims. The vision behind of modding is that it should allow people to express their talent and create their own content. When someone takes content from another game using third-party tools and puts it into the game or sells it on third-party websites, I'm very against it. to the vision we have about it. We believe it also gives a bad perception of those people who spend a lot of time creating original content. This time, we want to see how we can support good modders in a way that can create a synergy between the studio and more talented creators."

In other words, then, work closely with the community to avoid anything that is legally dubious or takes away the fun of creation. What form this idea will ultimately take is still a mystery. While it appears some process changes are planned for Assetto Corsa EVO, content made by people outside of the 35-person Kunos team is bound to remain intrinsic to its long-term appeal.

“We thank the community for the enormous work done with Assetto Corsa and we know that part of the success of the franchise is due to the visibility and creation of content by the beautiful community of modders. We want to work with them in a more creative way in the future. We are currently defining a strategy to do this correctly."

I mean it sounds like a good idea and Im all for it but what Im really hearing is, "we see how much money some of these modders make, we want our cut!" If it were just a matter of 'doing the right thing', they would have put a stop to the stealing and ripping ages ago.
I dont read it that way... you are associating money with talent yourself.

Theres no real solution to stop stealing when you hand out dev tools, so yes, the only way this sorta works is by having the game only read mods from a moderated official workshop - through Kunos, whether it be paid or free

Last edited:
Basically the real answer is NO.
They are maybe considering modding at some point in some way...wow.

When companies use that much PR speak to dodge the question it's just ridiculous. :whistling:

If Modding wasn't considered to be %100 important to the product itself and future of ACE after AC modding has proven, and fueled their sales for the past decade then where are Kunos heads at?

Lets be real. AC vanilla is NOT that great of a game, and doesn't hold itself up today without modding.

I play just about every kind of sim you can think of and NONE of them can offer me the collection of content that modded AC gives me as a sim driver. It's not the "best", but it has everything I want and does it good enough.

I don't want to drive another GT3 at Monza like I can in every sim on the planet that I own.
Unless developers care to branch out and make something more we need modding in our games, not less.

welcome to modern sim/gaming I guess?

- no more passion and modding communities.
+ more diced up high priced DLC and still horribly unfinished products that have claimed to have released out of early access years ago but are still in development?? (AMS 2, RF2, LMU)

Is Kunos going to become the new king of silly DLC practices now?
Maybe this is the reason so many AC devs have left the company?

if it has only a ingame mod shop im not interested in ACE.
I buy payware mods from for example VRC that alot of times are better than Kunos cars including Physics and models.
how is that gonna work?

We should be able to add mods outside the game too. it made AC one of the most popular game in the genre.
if it only through the ingame store we can get them, say goodbye to free mods.
Because if you dont have a official license from a car brand you cant make a mod and put it on
there for free.
(Ferrari got angry when people made non official ferrari carmods for free without the rights for doing so in AC.)
thats is the real reason for the ingame mod store.

if you dont have the money for the right to use any brand, model and other things they can say: "your mod is free and you have no license from the manufacturer. So you cant upload to our store.)

BTW why has not Overtake done any news article about this?

if it has only a ingame mod shop im not interested in ACE.
I buy payware mods from for example VRC that alot of times are better than Kunos cars including Physics and models.
how is that gonna work?

We should be able to add mods outside the game too. it made AC one of the most popular game in the genre.
if it only through the ingame store we can get them, say goodbye to free mods.
Because if you dont have a official license from a car brand you cant make a mod and put it on
there for free.
(Ferrari got angry when people made non official ferrari carmods for free without the rights for doing so in AC.)
thats is the real reason for the ingame mod store.

if you dont have the money for the right to use any brand, model and other things they can say: "your mod is free and you have no license from the manufacturer. So you cant upload to our store.)

BTW why has not Overtake done any news article about this?
*We should be able to add mods outside of the game* approach is what causes the huge piracy, stealing, unethical mod practices we are dealt with now.

Kunos saying theres a concern there... hence the possibility of a new way to make this work. Wait and see.

I didnt say you were the one whining did I?
I guess I should have used one of those wink faces or whatever. Im just saying nobody was whining, everyone seemed to be getting alone so far, didnt take it as an accusation. We both know how quickly and easily things can get derailed and I hate to see it every time.

*We should be able to add mods outside of the game* approach is what causes the huge piracy, stealing, unethical mod practices we are dealt with now.

Kunos saying theres a concern there... hence the possibility of a new way to make this work. Wait and see.
not all mods are stolen, do you see any stolen content here on this site? there is legit places, like this site and paid mods made by good legit like VRC.
Did i say anything about illegal mods?
i install legit mods manually or with CSP? how do you do it? inside the game? that was my point. we still should install/add a Legit mod to the game its still how it works in games.
Even Microsoft allow that in the latest Microsoft Flight simulator, it has both an in game store and you can still install Free legit mods or paid Stuff from other online stores, and through droping the files in the game directory.

Let's see what happens when the game launches later this year before we all jump to conclusions. :)
If you read the interview it's very clear as to what is planned and happening. :O_o:

The game is not finished after 5 years of development so far.
The game is coming out this year (2024) in "Early Access".

The game will likely spend 2-4+ years in "Early Access" (like AC, and ACC).
Modding will not be a part of the "Early Access" period is what they strongly hint at.

They currently have "ideas" about wanting to include modding when the game is done, but they don't like people being able to freely mod because some people have used the freedom to make illegal mods (backwards logic there Kunos).

To me it's all Kunos PR speak for :

Paid Mod DLC = no open/free modding so they can control and police it.

Hello, Kunos!
...you are becoming Bethesda. :confused: :devilish: :thumbsdown:

NOTE : I'm half joking here, and hope I'm wrong.

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for AC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 247 39.4%
  • Online service

Votes: 151 24.1%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 271 43.2%
  • Graphics

Votes: 191 30.5%
  • Car customization

Votes: 189 30.1%