AC MCMC - multi car mini championship

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

abecede

Premium
EEJ0TI5.png

Win a one-year free RD Premium membership by racing in three very different, but equal cars!

5CBkR01.jpg
Three awesome cars that couldn't be more different:
  • Porsche 935 '78 "Moby Dick". A race car based on the 911 Turbo from 1976, the most powerful 911 of all time.
  • Praga R1, a full-carbon track car designed around a composite monocoque, inspired by endurance prototypes.
  • Audi TT RS (VLN), a front wheel drive car with sequential gearbox, based on a five-cylinder TFSI engine.
All three have nearly identical lap times according to hundreds of hotlaps on various original tracks!

The 20th percentile (so, "pretty good drivers") of all hotlaps with these cars have been analyzed and visualized in this chart:
BS3YxEZ.png

They are all quite close together, and if you calculate the average, you'll get
100.07 seconds for the Audi,
99.96 seconds for the Praga, and
100.32 seconds for the Porsche.

All three are less than half a second apart for a combined track that has a laptime of two minutes.

Now the catch:

You need to drive each of the three cars at least once during the championship. Which car you use in any given race is up to you, but every car needs to be driven in at least one race!

The dates and tracks:

We'll always drive on a Tuesday. The optional practice session starts at 18:00 UTC, then 20 minutes quali at 19:00 UTC followed by a 40 minutes race.

Race format:

One pit stop is mandatory where you need to put at least 1l of fuel into the tank or change tyres. (or both). Tyre wear and fuel usage are at 100%, damage is set to 50%.
Exact track parameters like temperature, wind etc. will be determined about 30 minutes before the practice session starts.
Wind: between 0 and 3.5 meters per second
Weather: from Clear to Mid Clouds
Base ambient temperature from 10°C to 30°C
Base road temperature a few degrees over base ambient temperature
Track configuration: between between 95% and 98% at the start of the race with grip improvement over time.

The Wheel Of Fortune (aka win a free 1 year premium membership)

Win a one-year free RaceDepartment Premium membership...
by driving in all four races until the finish line with at most one lap behind the winner. Also, always follow our golden rule - if you breach it, you're banned from the wheel.
After the last round, I'll start a short live stream with a wheel of fortune, and every eligible driver (except for myself) will be on it. The Wheel will decide the winner of the one-year RD Premium membership.

Signing up

Reply in this thread by writing the car / track combinations you'll use, along with your simracing.gp user name. Here's an example:
Username: Markus Winter Calabogie - Audi Algarve - Audi Lausitzring - Porsche Sachsenring - Praga

Want to try it out on your computer with AI on the first track? Click here
If you have any further questions, just ask in this thread.

Let's all have some great experiences with these unusual cars on four great tracks made by members of our community!

Last edited:

The drivers

Change your livery on the event page, if you like!

NameCalabogie
May 24
Algarve
June 7
Lausitzring
June 21
Sachsenring
July 5
Markus Winter @abecedePragaPorscheAudiPraga
Colin Jones @JamKart22PragaPorschePragaAudi
Ernie Wright @Kek700PorscheAudiPragaAudi
Tajinder Johal @Taj JohalAudiPragaPorschePorsche
Danny Hughan @dannyhughanAudiAudiPragaPorsche
Kimi Martikainen @KDiesel------??
Hank Belane @H_BelanePragaPorscheAudiAudi
Robert Hopkins @Alfred WaynePragaAudiAudiPorsche
Reik Major @Reik MajorPragaAudiPorscheAudi
Richard Barratt @Programmer_RichPragaPorschePragaAudi
Laurent Londes @cerebralvortexPragaAudiPorschePorsche
Gunnar Frei @Gunnar333PragaAudi---Porsche
Patrick Kaufmann @Patrick KaufmannPorscheAudiPragaPraga
Fulvio Fenix @eN1xesPraga---PragaPorsche
Roman Fusaty @FuzoAudiAudiPorschePraga
Steve Hayward @gearwhineAudiPragaPorscheAudi
Edward Rockett @Jimlaad43Audi---------
Karel Buchta @sonicxo---AudiPorschePraga
Mateusz Maj @CaptainLykaios---AudiPragaPorsche

Last edited:
Interesting concept. I'll miss the first round as I'm on holiday so can I still join?

If so...

Username: Colin Jones
Calabogie - Audi
Algarve - Audi
Lausitzring - Porsche
Sachsenring - Praga

Last edited:
Username: Andreas Bleyel
Calabogie -Praga
Algarve - Audi
Lausitzring -Praga
Sachsenring - Porsche

great idea, eager to find out how it's goind to be :)

Last edited:
When will the signing-up close? Can i still try and enter after the first race? I am sure i can't make it to the first one, but i'd like to see if i am "up and running" for the second one. I just cannot tell yet if thats the case..

When will the signing-up close? Can i still try and enter after the first race? I am sure i can't make it to the first one, but i'd like to see if i am "up and running" for the second one. I just cannot tell yet if thats the case..
Signup closes when/if the grid is full, so 30 drivers, because Algarve only supports 30 cars.
You can sign up right now, even if you can't make the first round - Colin Jones has the same issue, but he'll be here for rounds 2-4. Just write the cars you'd like to drive in each round and make sure that you'll drive each of the three cars once.
Of course you'll miss the chance for a free one year premium, but that shouldn't hinder you from having fun with us all on the tracks, right? ;-)

Yes please, loving the multi-car element of this!

Username: Danny Hughan
Calabogie - Audi
Algarve - Audi
Lausitzring - Praga
Sachsenring - Porsche

Btw, does anyone know if you can join an AC session once quali has started? I finish work at 7pm UTC (wfh) so I may need to boot up the game a couple of minutes before I clock out :D

Btw, does anyone know if you can join an AC session once quali has started? I finish work at 7pm UTC (wfh) so I may need to boot up the game a couple of minutes before I clock out :D
Yes, that's possible (did it myself a few times).
But I'm not sure if it's allowed to enter after the race started. (Which wouldn't make much sense for such an event, right?)

Latest News

Back