AC Mazda MX5 Cup @ Mugello - Mon 09 Mar 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Club Staff
Premium
Mazda MX5 Cup.jpg

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here
Highly Recommended App
: Helicorsa 0.7b (download)
We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

• Practice Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU MX5 Practice #00
  • Race Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU MX5 Race #01
Cars: Mazda MX5 Cup
Track: Mugello
Driving Assists: Factory
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Track Temps: 27c
Track Condition: Clear

Schedule (EU): Monday 9th March 2020
Official practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying:
20:20 UTC (20 minutes)
Race 1:
20:40 UTC (25 minutes)
Mini Break:
21:00 UTC (5 minutes) - Approx
Race 2: 21:05 UTC (25 minutes) - Reverse Top Five

Entry List - 24slots
  1. Denis Betty
  2. HF2000
  3. pattikins
  4. Medilloni
  5. Tomo Pattison
  6. Erik Axelsson
  7. 640er
  8. Nuno Rodrigues
  9. MissedTheApex
  10. Axel Moebius
  11. RobertR1
  12. Ozzrick
  13. Aksu
  14. Stefan Weber
  15. steen skov Laursen*
  16. Kek700
  17. Kresh
  18. JeroenH
  19. Raresch*
  20. dynz
  21. GEO147
  22. Devidin
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP#70 DB

PRACTICE SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check and see that its clear before you re-enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.
When entering the track from the pits stay off the racing line until you are up to speed and do not race on your out lap. Let other drivers by in qualifying.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car. Remember, you've made the mistake by going off so let them by cleanly.

Golden Rule
  1. Be 100% sure it's not your fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

I would love to have a go at an online race, I've just signed up to premium. I've never ever used literally any of the software on here, and haven't even tried anything online on Assetto yet. Is there any start up guides for Assetto VR to get ready for it? Never even heard of Teamspeak either haha.
If there is I'd love to sign up for this :)

If you could put my name down I'll figure out how to get it all working for Monday.

Cheers!!

Tomo

One last question... Do custom skins work on this too or how does it work?

Last edited:
I would love to have a go at an online race, I've just signed up to premium. I've never ever used literally any of the software on here, and haven't even tried anything online on Assetto yet. Is there any start up guides for Assetto VR to get ready for it? Never even heard of Teamspeak either haha.

If you could put my name down I'll figure out how to get it all working for Monday.

Cheers!!

Tomo

Depending on your VR headset, start up the AC launcher & go in to the options/video/rendering mode - if you're using the Oculus select the 'Oculus Rift', otherwise choose 'OpenVR early support' (steam). Launch AC & you should be in VR.

AC is very CPU intensive, using a max of four threads, and I would recommend not using the 'Post-Processing Effects'.

Depending on your VR headset, start up the AC launcher & go in to the options/video/rendering mode - if you're using the Oculus select the 'Oculus Rift', otherwise choose 'OpenVR early support' (steam). Launch AC & you should be in VR.

AC is very CPU intensive, using a max of four threads, and I would recommend not using the 'Post-Processing Effects'.

Sorry I should've been more clear hahah. I play Assetto VR in single player almost constantly.

I've just never once even attempted to look at how to get into the online part of it!

Sorry I should've been more clear hahah. I play Assetto VR in single player almost constantly.

I've just never once even attempted to look at how to get into the online part of it!

No problem. Joining an online game is fairly straight forward. Select the Online tab in the launcher & search for 'Racedepartment' - typing in the word 'raced' is usually enough to find the RD server. If you see cars/track highlighted in red then you need to download & install the content. Otherwise select the car that you want to drive & type in the password.

No problem. Joining an online game is fairly straight forward. Select the Online tab in the launcher & search for 'Racedepartment' - typing in the word 'raced' is usually enough to find the RD server. If you see cars/track highlighted in red then you need to download & install the content. Otherwise select the car that you want to drive & type in the password.

Awesome stuff, didn't think it would be as simple. As for anything mod related, is it like say Spintyres where it'll automatically download needed mods to join a room or would I have to go and find them?

Cheers :D
Tomo

Awesome stuff, didn't think it would be as simple. As for anything mod related, is it like say Spintyres where it'll automatically download needed mods to join a room or would I have to go and find them?

Cheers :D
Tomo

I don't think there is something like "needed mods" when speaking about apps (For cars and tracks you do have to install them by yourself before you are able to join). App related stuff happens all on the client side. The server doesn't care which apps you are using and therefore does not force you to use any of them. All apps listed in the first post are just recommendations, mostly to give you a better feeling of whats happening around you.

@Denis Betty pls sign me up :thumbsup:

Cheers!!

Tomo

Um yeh, what they said. :unsure:

Only thing I'd add is that customs skins are out for the moment, as I'm covering for a friend who normally hosts AC events. If you want a specific skin from the default skins that are available, drop me a PM with the number of the skin and your Steam ID number.

Just read the club racing rules (linked in the OP) and you'll be fine. If you have questions, ask away. It's worth popping onto the Practice server, well ahead of race time, to be sure that you have everything working. You may find other drivers on there and pick up some tips, etc. They're a friendly bunch so don't be afraid to ask for help.

Aw :poop: I almost forgot.

Welcome to club racing at RD. :D :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Count me in, thanks! :)
I don't think there is something like "needed mods" when speaking about apps (For cars and tracks you do have to install them by yourself before you are able to join). App related stuff happens all on the client side. The server doesn't care which apps you are using and therefore does not force you to use any of them. All apps listed in the first post are just recommendations, mostly to give you a better feeling of whats happening around you.
@Denis Betty pls sign me up :thumbsup:
Sign me up!
More early sign ups - it's looking good. :thumbsup:
Still 5 days to go before this event.
Let's fill the grid for this one guys. :)

Latest News

Back