AC MAD Formula MFT01@Baku, Wed 13th July 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
:laugh: That and I also asked myself the same thing when I first drove them, "these are the slower ones... right?:O_o:"

I just didn't happen to use that abbriviation in my head :laugh:

Last edited:
Are we using DRS indiscriminately or are we going to keep it down to F1's two zones (gents agreement)? Asking for a friend... :D

Are we using DRS indiscriminately or are we going to keep it down to F1's two zones (gents agreement)? Asking for a friend... :D
No restrictions. It will be the same for everyone. I would love to have it working like in the F1 (with zones and the 1s gap) but it isn't. There's now the element of who is best in using it. DRS use on the smaller straights is possible but your brakepoint will also shift.

Would be great if DRS would only work in designated zones. Now it's just a button to press whenever possible. At least while hot lapping, you have to use it "always". Will be interesting how that unfolds during the race, especially when fighting.

No restrictions. It will be the same for everyone. I would love to have it working like in the F1 (with zones and the 1s gap) but it isn't. There's now the element of who is best in using it. DRS use on the smaller straights is possible but your brakepoint will also shift.
Helder... I may then shift the DRS button to my clutch pedal since I'm not using it atm... like a "turbo" pedal... :laugh:

was fun so much fights with blue flags :'D didnt know my time x lap and the car handling on this track until the race first laps i was on 1.06 with fast improving 10laps after on 1.03 high . need to say cuz i hear that i also dont like the way drs is made for this car need to spam like an animal and if u forget in 1 mini straight instantly losing 1sec

Man, this was one intense race... :sleep: My wrist aches still from the odd position I had to grab the wheel in order to keep a thumb on the DRS button at all times, so I could keep my lap-times competitive.

I had a slow start and could't dodge the first corner incident so I fell back to third-last. It took a few laps but I managed to recover ground and catch up with the cars ahead. I had a few good scraps, made a couple of passes and half way the race I got behind Paul but couldn't find a way past... so I pitted a lap earlier than planned to try an undercut. My pitstop was ok (these cars refill so slooooow) but then I had traffic on the exit lap. Paul pitted and he went back on track still ahead of me so I had to catch up again... got very close but couldn't land good exits on the final left corner, that and a few bumps and slight drifts on the castle sector ensured the gap remained around a second for some laps. Paul had also great consistency. :thumbsup:

On the last lap I managed to close in and get a quicker exit before the long "straight" and seemed we had a sprint to the finish 'coz I had good overspeed and got next to Paul... but somehow I lost my DRS when I got on his wake and couldn't complete the pass... finishing just slightly behind him. :confused:

Regardless of the result it was a fun chase, thanks Paul! And also thanks for organising it Han, I hope you feel better soon! Congratulations to the podium winners, you guys had blistering pace... can't believe the fastest lap still... will catch up next week!

Last edited:
Yes, nice battle Raul, I led for a couple of laps, not sure what happened to Andre but felt a bump from behind going into T1, I think someone got up between us and caused a bit of a Silverstone moment.:confused:
But the aliens starting from the back were soon onto me and a couple of silly mistakes on the downhill slope before the finish straight dropped me down the order.:(
Once again, I was all fingers and thumbs mashing the DRS button and got it wrong many times that cost me dear. I am coming round to Ernie’ s way of thinking....... these would be fun without the DRS complications.
But really enjoyed the tussle with Raul, one more lap and he would probably have sent it and got me. Get well soon Han and well done to the podium.:thumbsup:

A surprise qualifying meant I started p3 but (un)fortunately for me the racing gods shuffled the pack back to its rightful order on the start straight! A three point turn to get back pointing the right way meant I was last and started fighting back towards the pack. Good battles throughout with @maxilogan and then @JamKart22. I was catching Colin around the half way mark and managed to pass by being more aggressive on pit entry and exit (I think). Colin then made life hard for me for the rest of the race. He was noticeably faster but the track made it relatively easy to defend. Apologies to Joel who got held up in the fight.

I was not much of a fan of these tracks with the Ligier, but enjoyed the MADFormula much more. I agree with the idea that it would be more fun without the DRS.

Dull and frustrating race for me. I simply hadn't the pace to race with anybody and spun quite often. Just like @Dzul I reached the end of the race with an aching thumb and trapezius (but this not due to the DRS activation.. just my shoulder not yet okay).
Most probably, while humiliating the performance, not using the DRS or being able to limit it only on, say, the main straight, could be more enjoyable.

Add to this that I forgot to close the softwares I was using in the afternoon (always short on time I admit) so I had a couple of 99% CPU occupancy warnings (!) and the usual ping issues (started the race with >200 and had it between 150 and 200 for the majority of the race) and you have an idea of how hard it has been. Especially in the section before the castle (turns 4 to 10) I had major FPS loss and stuttering, maybe because - in addition to the other softwares running in background - that section also have the opposite direction so close that the computer had to render or at least take into account the rest of the cars?

Luckily enough this may be my penultimate race and my suffering will end
before moving to a brand new computer built on purpose for simracing, though not with stellar specs :roflmao:

See you on track next week, give me back my beloved Mazda!

This was a weird one as I had good pace in practice but seems to lose 2.5secs in both quali & the race. I had a look at the lap data in Motec and saw that I was driving in a different mode - braking too soon and not carrying enough speed through the corners. The inner lap is my fast time and the outer lap is the slower quali lap...

Screenshot 2022-07-14 115844.png

I had had a phone call between sessions and I think this caused me to lose focus :(

Had a few good battles - all of which I lost but at least it stopped it being boring.

This car probably needs a series of short races rather than a 40 min race - otherwise we'll all have repetitive strain injury if we don't change the format!

Dull and frustrating race for me. I simply hadn't the pace to race with anybody and spun quite often. Just like @Dzul I reached the end of the race with an aching thumb and trapezius (but this not due to the DRS activation.. just my shoulder not yet okay).
Most probably, while humiliating the performance, not using the DRS or being able to limit it only on, say, the main straight, could be more enjoyable.

Add to this that I forgot to close the softwares I was using in the afternoon (always short on time I admit) so I had a couple of 99% CPU occupancy warnings (!) and the usual ping issues (started the race with >200 and had it between 150 and 200 for the majority of the race) and you have an idea of how hard it has been. Especially in the section before the castle (turns 4 to 10) I had major FPS loss and stuttering, maybe because - in addition to the other softwares running in background - that section also have the opposite direction so close that the computer had to render or at least take into account the rest of the cars?

Luckily enough this may be my penultimate race and my suffering will end
before moving to a brand new computer built on purpose for simracing, though not with stellar specs :roflmao:

See you on track next week, give me back my beloved Mazda!
What spec have you gone for? I picked up a cheap GTX 1660 Super OC off ebay and it's made a big difference - I do have a nice CPU now (Ryzen 5 5600x as recommended by Rasmus) so I no longer have CPU 100% issues.

Last edited:
This was a weird one as I had good pace in practice but seems to lose 2.5secs in both quali & the race. I had a look at the lap data in Motec and saw that I was driving in a different mode - braking too soon and not carrying enough speed through the corners. The inner lap is my fast time and the outer lap is the slower quali lap...

Oh yeah you made me realize that I forgot to apologize to everybody to whom, with my poor pace and poorer ping, I may have harmed (for sure @eN1xes we had a couple scratches, especially at the end of the final straight.. how were you able to brake so late? :O_o: ).

Congrats to the podium finishers and to @HF2000 Han: get well soon!

Latest News

Back