rF2 LMP1 Showdown @ Bahrain - Fri 26 Aug 2022 *All Free Content*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Club Staff
Premium
sFv1cnt.jpg
Fairly evenly matched, slightly depending on track and driving style. It's time for the ultimate LMP 1 - Non Hybrid showdown. And it takes place in Bahrain!

Eligibility:
You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and TeamSpeak, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: esports]
[
RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM KART

Car(s):
  • Ginetta G60-LT-P1 LMP1 [STEAM
  • Rebellion R13 LMP1 [STEAM
  • BR Engineering BR1 LMP1 [STEAM

Track: Bahrain [STEAM]
Layout:
GP
Track Temperature: Based on real weather
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Formation Lap, Rolling Start.
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Afternoon -> Dark
Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC:
Factory Defaults

Schedule: (EU) Friday 26 August 2022
Practice: 19:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying : 19:20 UTC (15 minutes)
Warm Up: 19:35 UTC (4 minutes)
Race : 19:40 UTC (50 minutes)

Bahrain-GP-2007.png

DRIVER LIST

1. Ole Marius Myrvold
  2. Roy Magnes
  3. Jan Larsen
  4. SwannyUK
  5. Monkey T.
  6. ThreeLionz
  7. Stammeleer
  8. Jasje
  9. Michael Rudolf
  10. Dean Maković
  11. Ingemar Petersson
  12. Steve Le Gallez
  13. The Almighty Snark
  14. Colin Peach
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot

utp #51

SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
Any tips for helping deal with lockups? Maybe try to reduce brake sensitivity in controller options, brake map setting / max pedal force in the setup menu? - not sure what to change really.

I tried each car and get the same issue on each. After a lap or 2 I start to get a high frequency vibration in my wheel and after testing it seems to be linked to locking tyres (I think) which is going to be an issue for me on a track like this where every other corner seems designed to make you lock up haha.

The only way I seem to be able to detect a tyre locking is seeing the smoke in the mirror if it's a heavy lock up. I'll try and have a play about this evening.

P.S - Is it still best to run softs at lowest pressure?

Last edited:
Any tips for helping deal with lockups? Maybe try to reduce brake sensitivity in controller options, brake map setting / max pedal force in the setup menu? - not sure what to change really.

I tried each car and get the same issue on each. After a lap or 2 I start to get a high frequency vibration in my wheel and after testing it seems to be linked to locking tyres (I think) which is going to be an issue for me on a track like this where every other corner seems designed to make you lock up haha.

The only way I seem to be able to detect a tyre locking is seeing the smoke in the mirror if it's a heavy lock up. I'll try and have a play about this evening.

I mess with the pedal force in the setup menu until I don't lock up under braking

Yeah, lowest pressures and softs. You can either reduce brake pressure or lift the pedal gradually as the car slows. I use the latter :)

That's kinda interesting. When I tested all the cars, I ran default setup and there was only the Ginetta I had a couple of lock-ups with, the others were fine.
That was one of the reasons I went with the cars, I found them really easy to handle.

These cars is softs at lowest yes.

That's kinda interesting. When I tested all the cars, I ran default setup and there was only the Ginetta I had a couple of lock-ups with, the others were fine.
That was one of the reasons I went with the cars, I found them really easy to handle.

These cars is softs at lowest yes.
They are great cars, nice to drive too but I think it was my brake pressure settings at default were locking up to easily. Also have a suspicion the bias was quite far forward. I'm sure I'll sort it tonight using the suggestions given.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware