AC Le Mans 64 @ Cirque de La Sarthe - Sunday 12th June 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I have a technical problem that may mean I can't race tonight. I fitted a new ssd to give me extra space and my d drive has disappeared. I'm currently trying to do a restore following YouTube videos and hoping for the best.

For me it recharges quite quickly and is at 100% at the end of the lap when you can't use it anymore. How do you run it down to zero?
Can't really run it to zero in the Toyota.
Full boost(100% > 0% on the battery, will get you going 330+ kp/h) is approx. 30-35% per lap energy allocation and during braking you charge almost back to full, so you'll almost never have to think about how much juice is in the battery.

You only have to think about how much per lap energy allocation you have left.

For example, in the Porsche it's different since the regen is far less in that car, so if you run all of your allocation during per lap for few laps, you'll eventually will run out of juice and the regen can't keep up. So you you'll either have have to find the right balance, so you can run it exactly the same lap or run fast lap > slow lap > fast lap etc.

Also one thing to keep in mind if you're running low preserve all the time in Toyota, is you should consider changing to charging at the short runs between corners( i.e. Indianapolis > Arnage & Esses of Tertre Rouge > Tertre Rouge and the Porsche curves as a whole) since you'll waste a lot of energy from the allocation going from boosting straight to braking. That'll save some extra energy for the Mulsanne straight and coming out of the last corner.

And one last thing when boosting manually, you don't really wanna boost over 260-ish kph since after that you'll be wasting a lot of energy to drag. Of course with the exception, when you will need to pass a GT3 car or a fellow LMP1.

Last edited:
This may or may not be related or helpful @jimortality but I recently had to fix a windows install that wasn't loading the bootloader and if your issue is at all related to windows not finding the disk or boot, this program "boot-repair" might help you. I installed a live boot of linux then followed the guide below to install the tool. Easy click and fix for my issue, but again, may or may not do anything for you. Just happened to have the tab still open :coffee:

Link to guide - https://linuxhint.com/ubuntu_boot_repair_tutorial/

At the very least, if you need to make a backup of the drive but windows isn't seeing it, booting to a live linux OS (test not install) would allow you to view and copy the windows drive or at least your personal files to an external drive, then you can reinstall the windows tool via their program (last resort).

Last edited:
This may or may not be related or helpful @jimortality but I recently had to fix a windows install that wasn't loading the bootloader and if your issue is at all related to windows not finding the disk or boot, this program "boot-repair" might help you. I installed a live boot of linux then followed the guide below to install the tool. Easy click and fix for my issue, but again, may or may not do anything for you. Just happened to have the tab still open :coffee:

Link to guide - https://linuxhint.com/ubuntu_boot_repair_tutorial/

At the very least, if you need to make a backup of the drive but windows isn't seeing it, booting to a live linux OS (test not install) would allow you to view and copy the windows drive or at least your personal files to an external drive, then you can reinstall the windows tool via their program (last resort).
Thanks but I'm not on Linux and also I think I may have disconnected the drive when I was using my new electric dust blower but it needs a professional to access it to see if anything has come undone.

I've only ever run manual before (once I learned there was boost :laugh: ), but I've been practicing with running low preserve. Uses a little more than manual, but also doesn't have those moments where my hand slips and I don't get the boost down :rolleyes: .

Was going to run a couple laps with manual once practice starts to compare times and general driving ease.

One more thing about the auto boost modes in case you guys didn't know (and why it's so useful).

The modes always take into consideration: TC setting, slip angles and the amount turning angle that you have, so they're proggresive with the boosting and way more efficient than manually boosting, since manually boosting is either on or off.

Manual boosting will introduce understeer, when applied too early, so the auto modes are superior in coming out of a corner, cause of reduced understeer and way earlier applied boost.

This is why only using an auto mode or only using manual mode is not very good, and balance between the two is best way to go.

Last edited:
Meh ... had already a nice battle with Magnus evolving when suddenly my brake pedal went long. (from my sim rig). Looks like the rubber gave up or something. Couldn't go on and had to quit only after 2 laps :/ Best grid since a long time and everthing was set up to be a great drive tonight. Such a shame :( Charles, I'm feeling with you

Last edited:
Race to forget.
Got a good quali lap in but then my game decided to crash just before the race.
When I was able to reconnect, the leaders were already 60 secs in front.
Started anyways. Was able to make some places back and coud drive back in P14 overall, just to realize that I havnt saved the right setup, and I had 4 liters fuel less. So I could make a last overtake in the last lap. But then was all over.

Hope my freaking game just does not decide to crash next race.
See you then.

Latest News

Back