AC Lada 2101 & 2105 @ Bikernieki - Mon 20 Apr 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks everyone for close and fair racing! I said I'd share my setup so here it is. You can use it on both cars, just place it in the correct car's setup folder Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups\zizh_lada210[X]_a2/bikernieki and change the last line for the 2101. Best I got out of it was 1:40.379 but I did see a 1:39.9xx on my delta yesterday at some point in offline practice so sub 1:40 is doable, I just didn't put it together.

A fair chunk of the laptime is in setup, having a pretty soft car to have suspension travel and to lean on the rear tire mid-corner. The setup that @pretend racer shared had great tire pressures and the toe setting to 0 which I used but the car was too low and stiff overall I think, didn't have the mid corner grip. But credit goes to him for getting some of it spot on!
Another chunk is just practice, going round and round and getting the flow of this circuit. Especially in these slow cars where you need to keep the momentum up and tie corners together into sequences. Top tip: if you're using 3rd gear anywhere between turn 2 and the finish line, then you are going too slow. :p And as @Denis Betty put it: "It's not the last guy on the brakes, it's the first guy on the throttle."

Should do these cars again sometime, they are hilarious :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1-40.379.ini
    678 bytes · Views: 118
First a congrats to @steen skov Laursen for he's first win here at Racedepartment;)

Second. My own poor driving was getting to me. :unsure: Couldn't get this old bucket moving at all.:( Way off the pace. Checking race pedals, wheel and other things. No luck. Checked the date of my Lada download, 3 month of 2019. Checked the download link from forum :confused: What the...september 2019. Pull my lips off, a newer version. How could I even log on to the server with a prehistoric version. Just tried the "new" version now and, beware, Im back in buisness;)

First a congrats to @steen skov Laursen for he's first win here at Racedepartment;)

Second. My own poor driving was getting to me. :unsure: Couldn't get this old bucket moving at all.:( Way off the pace. Checking race pedals, wheel and other things. No luck. Checked the date of my Lada download, 3 month of 2019. Checked the download link from forum :confused: What the...september 2019. Pull my lips off, a newer version. How could I even log on to the server with a prehistoric version. Just tried the "new" version now and, beware, Im back in buisness;)
Wow, and I was thinking I did a good job by succesfully defending you! :(

We all secretly knew, we just did not tell you Axel.:unsure::)

I think it was this one John.

C9821536-E207-4A6E-BA1A-87E9585748F5.gif

Latest News

Back