Kart Racing

Going across the water for my only chance of top quality competition in karting again this year, came first in the Northern Ireland nationals again and now in the UK finals of the BSKC again. Last year the U18 World, European and British champion were there.
Btw I just remembered, you promised us PICS if you would do it an other year!!!

Well as you probably knew, I did the UK finals in crutches last year. Guess who?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61147181@N03/5578083574/in/photostream

Some other photos:

photostream

hey fellas, since I'm starting to get a job now, I'm saving up for a kart. I don't have any ambitious plans with it, just as a hobby really. But I still want to be competitive with it.

How much does everything cost?
I know the go kart itself will cost $1000+
Safety equipment $200+

But how much will I have to fork out per year with tires and regular maintenance?

That all depends on what class you are driving, how much. Races or not, etc. etc.
Not sure what class but I don't plan on using a shifter kart, at least not yet. I guess whatever beginner/intermediate classes there are I'll look into. I've done karting before, but I never owned my own.

Pretty much all I want to do is my local F1 Karting league every other week ($65/week) or find some other club.

Then Rotax Max Senior or Sport 2000 (this class is called like this here in Sweden, idk the international name) would be your best option to start from. BUT, first I would recommend finding the closest karting club from your location and see what class the people in your age drive because I know that in the US they got a lot more variety when it comes to clasees.

Idk about the prices on karts at the US so I can't really tell you how much a Rotax Max Senior would cost.

Rotax Max is VERY expensive... If you want to win it's at least 10/15k CAN a year...

I am looking at Honda Senior, 4 strokes... About 3.5k for a very good kart and like 500$ for a basic equipment. About 100$ per weekend ?

Latest News

Back