AC Honda S800@Donington1938, Tuesday 29nd March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Interesting race.

After a big mistake of my own making ( of course in the frigging hairpin) and a poor soul that I T-Boned involontarily I found myself at the bottom end.
The hunt went well until I closed on Hank who just didn´t want to roll over :(.
Though I was (way) faster from T1 to Coppice House he several times retook his spot in the frigging hairpin :confused:.
It took some doing to finally leave him in the dust:cool:

OK than, it was awonderfull warm and sunny day so I decided to roll to the end with the top down and enjoy the countryside.

Han didn´t like that one bit and instigated a fight that cost him and Colin almost all of their lead so I had to wake up and castigate him for disturbing me from nice tuesday outing.

After some nice scramming I really managed to squeeze through at this wonderfull, marvelous hairpin and carry my starting position onto the finish line.

This could have been so much easier if just everybody had the disciplin to hold the position they earned in qualifying.

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
Thank you Han for hosting this one!
Sadly my race ended in lap 2 due to an oversight on my part where you overtook me (no rear view mirror in this car...) that's why I got pushed a bit to the side and into the bridge. Rejoined in last position, had no concentration, crashed a bit later fully on my own, got teleported to the pits and that was it more or less.
Rejoined two laps later from the pits at the back to at least enjoy a bit of battling with the backmarkers, but a couple of corners they crashed themselves in front of me and did a ragequit. (two drivers in two laps)

Tried again with Robert Hopkins, and at least we two had some fun battling in the last few laps which resulted to a worthy evening for me :)
Robert, I hope you had fun too!

I was one of the ragequitters there. Nothing really went like it should, on this race. Got annoyed by the bad luck i was having and eventually lacked the motivation/focus to even get a single lap down where i didn't spin out.

I first retired to pits after having spun out again, but then realised i wanted to spend my time on something else, this night. Sorry boys, not a good one for me.

Hi Steve,

No I can't change anything after the event has started. But I will be using the same password for my events for as long as there are no unauthorized new comers. So you already have the password.
I,m an ass, i had the password in my email box all the time. I could of signed up after all, just forgot it was there. My fault. I wont do it again that is for sure

My best race for some time. Makes a change not to be involved in a first lap crash :)

Q6 quickly turned to P4 after the first corner and then turned into P3 after Alan had an issue. I was hanging on to Ernie's coat tail for a few laps but lost a place to Alan when he finally caught me up. I was hoping they'd tangle but Alan made a good pass on Ernie and then the race settled for a few laps.

Han then slowly caught me up and it's looked like I'd lose P4 until some early braking by me (I was braking as hard as I could!) into the hairpin caught Han out and we tangled. Once we'd dusted ourselves off Carsten then joined in the fun. It was looking like my P4 was going to turn in to a P6 but I somehow managed to hold them both off to the end.

And enjoyable combo so well done Han for finding it. This car would be nice on some Fat Alfie tracks.

Last edited:
(I was braking as hard as I could!)
I have to look the replay for that. Maybe I missed my brakepoint. I was probably to eager to do an overtake attempt in the hairpin.
Don't now if you were downshifted while braking there. I found out that doing that while braking hard was not a good idee in this car. At the hairpin I waited with downshifting until the speed was almost gone, then turned the car in 2nd and downshift to 1st when the wheels were straight again.
But very good racing and defending Colin! A well deserved 4th!

My race was mostly doing consistent laps to catch Colin. Allan had trouble in the beginning but was so incredible fast I decided not to defend in order not to loose too much time to get Colin.

Congrats to the podium and thanks all for racing!

Last edited:
This car would be nice on some Fat Alfie tracks.
I agree. But I'm doubting about Fonteny which can end up in a lonely race for everyone. Personally I don't mind because I love to drive it.
But if and when @Fat-Alfie releases Battenbergring somewhere this year, the Honda will be a very good choice for the 'premiere'!

I have to look the replay for that. Maybe I missed my brakepoint. I was probably to eager to do an overtake attempt in the hairpin.
Don't now if you were downshifted while braking there. I found out that doing that while braking hard was not a good idee in this car. At the hairpin I waited with downshifting until the speed was almost gone, then turned the car in 2nd and downshift to 1st when the wheels were straight again.
But very good racing and defending Colin! A well deserved 4th!

My race was mostly doing consistent laps to catch Colin. Allan had trouble in the beginning but was so incredible fast I decided not to defend in order not to loose too much time to get Colin.

Congrats to the podium and thanks all for racing!
No downshift, just as hard on the brake as possible and ease off and down in to 2nd for the corner.

As long as the wheel is straight and you are "blipping" downshifting into the chicane was not a problem.

My biggest mistake was to rely on the tarmac spots as a brake marker.

When in "close quarters" I several times managed to completely miss my marker :cry:

MFG Carsten

Latest News

Back