AC Honda S800@Donington1938, Tuesday 29nd March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
screenshot_honda_s800_rsc_ks_monza66_2-12-116-17-55-36-jpg.163190

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

As a nice intermezzo between the intense classic Formula 1 events, we go back in time with a lovely oldtimer on a classic circuit.

The S800 is a Honda sports car and was introduced at the 1965 Tokyo Motor Show. With a redline of 9,500 rpm, it is one of the highest-revving production sports cars. The S800 competed with the Austin-Healey Sprite, MG Midget, Triumph Spitfire and Fiat 850 Spider, unfortunately not available as a mod on S.GP.

The 1938 layout of Donington Park feels completely different from the current one with a very long straight and narrow sector through a forest. This track is both challenging and relaxing.

So sign up here (password: same as the Wednesday multiclass or on request by posting in this thread.):

presentdaycircuit-prewarcircuitdonington.jpg

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week, password: 'dunlop')
  • Race server: S.GP password: 'dunlop'
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars:
    • Honda S800 RSC (mod available on MODS tab on S.GP)
  • Track: Donington Park 1938, UK (mod available on MODS tab on S.GP)
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
Hi mates! I'll try to join you, but I can't know until Monday.
The event sounds very fun, I've driven this car for one race. I think it's a good opportunity to try driving with the clutch.
So far, I've driven with automatic clutch. Would I have to change anything in the settings regarding the clutch, besides configuring the clutch pedal and H-shifter?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi mates! I'll try to join you, but I can't know until Monday.
The event sounds very fun, I've driven this car for one race. I think it's a good opportunity to try driving with the clutch.
So far, I've driven with automatic clutch. Would I have to change anything in the settings regarding the clutch, besides configuring the clutch pedal and H-shifter?

Thanks in advance
Regaring clutch and pedal you might look at the assists you use like autoblip.

You did already a race with the Honda? I had it installed on S.GP a couple of weeks ago and up till now I didn't use it because of the classic F1 championship.

Last edited:
Regaring clutch and pedal you might look at the assists you use like autoblip.

You did already a race with the Honda? I had it installed on S.GP a couple of weeks ago and up till now I didn't use it because of the classic F1 championship.
Thank you, Han, I'll have a look.
Yes, I drove it in Highlands Short one year ago I think. If I recall correctly, one should watch out during the downshifts as the risk of spinning is quite high :D

If I recall correctly, one should watch out during the downshifts as the risk of spinning is quite high :D

Oh yes, it's perfekt to learn the Heel'n'Toe downshift.
(Which I'll never learn well enough to use it confidently in a race.)

So I just "blip" the downshifts and use the clutch just for starts and to (hopefully) catch slides.

MFG Carsten

If I recall correctly, one should watch out during the downshifts as the risk of spinning is quite high :D

Oh yes, it's perfekt to learn the Heel'n'Toe downshift.
(Which I'll never learn well enough to use it confidently in a race.)

So I just "blip" the downshifts and use the clutch just for starts and to (hopefully) catch slides.

MFG Carsten
Or you can cheat and use the Autoblip feature in the assists menu

Latest News

Back