HoiHman Race Rig & Rims showcase

I love the Quest 3 in combination with Virtual Desktop.

Having virtual triples right in front of you with all there is just awesome. With a hotkey on streamdeck i can switch between VR and desktop and make adjustments on the SimHub Motion software. ( which feels pretty good to me )

I even tried Forza Motor Sport on the virtual triples and it worked actually really good.

View attachment 777486

The last couple of weeks this has been main view inside the Simulator

View attachment 777487

I have done dozens of virtual laps with the BMW E90 325i on the Nordschleife preparing the trackday this monday. :)

Even though the virtual car doesn't exactly scale the the real one, it's still a good training tool.

So far i haven't been blessed with good weather on trackdays, having wet session on Zandvoort and Bilsterberg. The big one, trackday Nordschleife looks to have the perfect weather.
Don't the compression artefacts in the Quest 3 kind of sour the overall experience though?

The track day on the Nordschleife was awesome. Since this was a high profile (priced) track day most cars that day had at least double the horspower and 80% were Porsches. Total only 150 cars for the entire day, which is awesome.

That doesn't mean i did not have any less fun, since i was able to match most cars on cornering speeds, but on the straight they kept flying by :)

The day before i did two Tourist drive laps and i did have to adjust quite a bit because of the differences between sim and real life. My main problem was that i trained a lot on the sim and expected to be in a certain gear before specific corners, but in reality i was usually a gear higher. You don't want to be confused going into Schwedenkreuz. It took me 2 laps to fully adjust.

I managed to do a couple 4-5 full lap stints and did a total of 32 laps that day.

carrousel.jpeg

I really loved that picture of me going into the Carousel , so i had it printed on glass in poster size for my sim room.

20240901_123806.jpg

Here's a short video filmed by the onboard cam and my passenger

And my hot lap from that day

It was definitely a check box on the bucket list. The weather was awesome and i look back at it with great pleasure. Laps on the Nordschleife in the Simulator to tend to feel different now then before.

Counting down for the next one : Spa-Francorchamps in 2.5 weeks

Last edited:

Latest News

Back