AC GT3 @ Sebring - Sunday 2nd October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Link to version 1.2 if anyone needs it.

Last edited:
I have only really driven front engined GT3 cars ( Z4/GTR) since joining this community but thought that now is the time to try something different and experiment with an engine behind the driver, but what car to chose?? Reading various past posts each car has its good and bad points ready to catch out the unwary.
So I came up with a very scientific method of selecting my ride for Sunday’s race at Sebring.:rolleyes:
I wrote all the car names on separate pieces of paper, folded them up and put them in a bowl and got my partner to pull one out. Well...... which car will I be facing the wrong way in at T1 or the last corner?
For better or worse i’ll be joining Casper in the 911, I’ll take the green detailed livery as it will make me less conspicuous when I go on the grass :D:roflmao::roflmao::x3:. I have always had a interest in the 911 but reading about its peculiarities with tyres and handling has left in on the shelf for me in past events but here goes!!
Looking forward to something new and different to drive and will be good practice for Tuesday’s Group C .

Best of luck with the 911,:confused: for me and most, it is slow, plain difficult, does not accelerate out of corners as quick as you expect of a rear engine hanging over the wheels car, and does not give the grip either under acceleration that you expect.
It is my favourite car driven out of liking it, not to be competitive.,
I would go with the McLaren, most drive it for good reason, I find it does not suit me, but on odd occasions I can be very competitive in it. Not that I am much cop , but it suits some circuits with me on occasions.
You will need to pay attention to getting a setup that tames it with respect to you?
Overall it is the fastest car in GT3, if you can extract the cornering speed and use the fine turn in to your advantage, which takes a bit of effort, it will reward you handsomely.
The 911 will frustrate you, a car with no advantages, apart from fuel consumption.
:)

Last edited:
Best of luck with the 911,:confused: for me and most, it is slow, plain difficult, does not accelerate out of corners as quick as you expect of a rear engine hanging over the wheels car, and does not give the grip either under acceleration that you expect.
It is my favourite car driven out of liking it, not to be competitive.,
I would go with the McLaren, most drive it for good reason, I find it does not suit me, but on odd occasions I can be very competitive in it. Not that I am much cop , but it suits some circuits with me on occasions.
You will need to pay attention to getting a setup that tames it with respect to you?
Overall it is the fastest car in GT3, if you can extract the cornering speed and use the fine turn in to your advantage, which takes a bit of effort, it will reward you handsomely.
The 911 will frustrate you, a car with no advantages, apart from fuel consumption.
Thanks Ernie, I’ll scratch that itch this weekend and next week’s lottery draw may bring up something different, just a bit of fun until I inevitably:D return to the GTR

Assuming the link is correct, try this setup Paul.
Be very careful what you change, you may have to run medium tyres, not sure how the last bend will effect soft tyres on this car?
It maybe that it works on mugello, but not here?

A semi educated guess tells me the softs tyres wont work here in the porker!

It's a really nice setup ernie. During the race i found its only real weakness to be bottoming out, into understeer, with a full load of fuel through the compression in the arrabiatas. Shouldn't be an issue on an airfield!

The Porsche claws back a lot of time with softs, not sure that mediums actually solve its instant overheating tyres problem.
Just makes it less sensitive.
But that to applies, to a lesser degree, for the mid engined brigade.

Last edited:
Do they grey out if the allocation is already in use on the server. There should be a number next to it. Something like 2/0 - which means 2 allocated but 0 available.

Do they grey out if the allocation is already in use on the server. There should be a number next to it. Something like 2/0 - which means 2 allocated but 0 available.
Hi Colin
No numbers against these two cars. Only a message at the bottom of the screen saying that I have to wait for this car. ( Like someone is using it).

IMG_0678.JPG

Latest News

Back