AC GT3 @ LuccaRing - Sunday 29th May 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@FabianoRL

As per rule 8 below, please PM staff or the person involved in the incident rather than posting videos etc. in the the forum.

Hi Brian,

The incident was already mentioned in previous post and my intention was not to discuss anything nor claim any result (that’d be fool), which in my understanding wouldn’t then trigger rule 8. We all know what to do.

Fabiano.

What a difference to the Abarth! Even with so much more power and a lot more weight, the GTR felt planted and so much easier to drive then Wednesdays race.
I had trouble getting the Nissan off the start line and had Colin and Brian for company into T1. Once I’d settled down and got the TC in a place that I was comfortable with it was a matter to try to hang on to Ernie. But he soon went spinning off after the fast left hander T7 under the trees so it was Han up ahead in P1 and a fast incoming Fulvio in third.
There was no way I was going to hang on to second place and recently I have got into the mindset of just driving my own race, at my pace and try to be as consistent as I can. With the exception of one excursion onto the footpath and a spin at the roundabout at T5, I managed a fairly steady race.
I felt a bit like a fox being chased as Ernie and Brian began to close me down after the pit stops but I had enough of a gap to manage Ernie’s late charge.
So that’s three third places in class in the last three races, well pleased as two of the races have been here and the other at Monaco. Perhaps I like street circuits, or perhaps the safe and steady ( read slow):redface: approach works on these kind of tracks.
Thanks to Brian for organising and well done to all who managed to finish.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi Brian,

The incident was already mentioned in previous post and my intention was not to discuss anything nor claim any result (that’d be fool), which in my understanding wouldn’t then trigger rule 8. We all know what to do.

Fabiano.

We've been through this last year with the videos etc. A shitshow as brewing so there was a stop put to it.

For an incident to be noted, official warning, ban etc. to happen, the incident needs to be reported correctly as per rule 8. I don't make the rules, just work here :)

There are generally very few major issues here, but it is important that when they do happen, less than a few times a year, that it is reported correctly, so the person gets a swift 30 day or permanent ban and we don't end up suffering them in another race.

Last edited:
I wasn’t aware about the videos issue (actually this was my very first - wrong foot lol). Will do my best to put better and nicer videos if so. And to be clear, there are no hard feelings, I really wasn’t looking for any penalty or antthing else. Actually I had fun in editing the video and thought would be nice to watch what happened provided it was mentioned. The group is really nice and we all screw up eventually and unintentionaly, reason why this group is always growing and we all stay around.

See you all next time!

Last edited:
Not a great day at the office. The car and setup didn't switch well from softs tyres at bathurst to the mediums here. Should really have done some testing beforehand :p
A bit off the pace I went looking for laptime to escape ernie/catch paul but it just resulted in hitting a kerb and wrecking the front wing. Looking for a better exit on the second bus stop I went for to far right on entry and caught the nose on the footpath kerb. Flatspotted 2 tyres in the process! Don't think that helped an already understeering car.

Soon after I hit the tight kink chicane too fast, which let ernie through. He made the same error a couple of laps later, before I made the last one and he skipped off ahead. His bmw was faster and would have caught me regardless i'd say. Might have been a nice scrap for P3 if we kept our cars on the road. To top it all off I missed my pitbox on my main stop and had to stop on the last lap for a few litres of fuel. I was half a lap short :( Congrats to Paul on the podium P3. Some great consistent drives from you the last few weeks Paul, in some really tough tracks and the tricky GT cars also. Well done to Han and Fulvio for the P1 and 2. The Lambo was a rocket around here. Flew past myself and casper early on like an LMP2 car :)

Thanks to all for racing. Looking forward to Okayama next week. One of my favourite tracks. Not many walls to worry about :)

He is really quick and a "great racer", always extremely fair to race with, on the few occasions we have met in battle.
He was also always someone who gave me confidence as a driver under pressure and I was never tense just waiting for that inevitable clout.
most impressive is Fulvio.:):)

He is really quick and a "great racer", always extremely fair to race with, on the few occasions we have met in battle.
He was also always someone who gave me confidence as a driver under pressure and I was never tense just waiting for that inevitable clout.
most impressive is Fulvio.:):)
I totally agree. Fulvio was on my tail for 11 laps last race but never tried to force an overtake. He waited untill he could do the undercut. Indeed it gave me a boost in confidence in driving under pressure.

Latest News

Back