AC GT3 @ LuccaRing - Sunday 29th May 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Tried your setup, a lot slower, which was a surprise for me, but your car was exactly the same over the speed bump.
Again surprised by that, the standard setup was almost always an off there.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_luccaring_29-5-122-13-15-4.jpg

Oh I've only done laps in the Porsche here and not in other cars, I was down to 2:08 after 3 laps so I've got no clue what the pace is but we'll see during the race. I am considering switching to softs since the mediums just stay cold all around with my current setup. It handles the jump just fine, don't think I've ever bothered anticipating it, just flat out no matter how I approach it. The nose dive does indeed happen but I suspect it's more of a slam given the focus of weight on the rear? If that is the case then my long and soft suspension probably has a much better chance of finding some grip in combination with the aero then other setups.

Honestly it's a trade off, I went with a slightly sluggish but predictable car here mostly due to the beefy kerbs and obstacles that can thoroughly upset the behaviour. The 911 might have a edge on pure acceleration given all the strong braking zones?

EDIT: Just checked the replay, you are correct, nose just aggressively dives down every single lap! Maybe max downforce on the rear and a max suspension on the front? :D ;)

Last edited:
I only use max rear downforce, I see no advantage here unless you are racing against the same car at the same pace then you may use less rear wing to give you an small advantage.
Your set up gives good initial turn, but then becomes sluggish mid corner.
I find myself lifting on exit to get the car to turn.
I think the difference between my setup and yours is just I am on the throttle
earlier.
But my setup is less tolerant of kerbs, yours is a more stable car.
I particularly notice that if I start to remove wing, it certainly lets me know that it was not a good move.

I only use max rear downforce, I see no advantage here unless you are racing against the same car at the same pace then you may use less rear wing to give you an small advantage.
Your set up gives good initial turn, but then becomes sluggish mid corner.
I find myself lifting on exit to get the car to turn.
I think the difference between my setup and yours is just I am on the throttle
earlier.
But my setup is less tolerant of kerbs, yours is a more stable car.
I particularly notice that if I start to remove wing, it certainly lets me know that it was not a good move.

You are correct on that, definitely something I could work on, getting on the throttle a bit earlier and it is indeed sluggish mid turn, I'll have to mess about a bit more.

Hello guys!

Hope you all are well. Long time out due to an overhaul plus a new family member \o/. Sorry for the time out and missing dates (let Han aware though). Tonight I might be able to join for this race, so if you can, Brian, I kindly ask you to send me the pwd so by the practice time if I can I'll join.

See you later!

Fabiano.

Hello guys!

Hope you all are well. Long time out due to an overhaul plus a new family member \o/. Sorry for the time out and missing dates (let Han aware though). Tonight I might be able to join for this race, so if you can, Brian, I kindly ask you to send me the pwd so by the practice time if I can I'll join.

See you later!

Fabiano.

Hi Fabiano and welcome back :) Great news on the new family member :thumbsup:

I will PM you the password now.

Hello guys!

See you later!

Fabiano.
Congratulations, Fabiano!!!
Sergio Perez has become a father 3 weeks ago and just won the GP of Monaco!
So could that be an omen for you for tonight?

I just wanted to enjoy the racing, which I did , came across many in my race, and all were great fun to race with.
Most made a lot of mistakes, me included, I was quite pleased when I just did not concentrate and clipped the kerb where no one clips the kerb, :confused:and ended up at the back, very pleased about that though.
Saw little point in racing here, Brian @Interslice and I had battles with two or three overtakes, where no one overtook, we both just came off and the other overtook a parked car.:roflmao::roflmao:
I found the slightest relax, and not concentrating on the wall and sausage was the enemy here.
Nice racing with everyone, I was responsible for one hit on a Porsche, so very sorry about that, cannot blame the circuit for that one.:(
:)

Thank you guys for having me back. Han and Brian always carrying on this nice environment and place to have fun.

GT3 is not my thing but as more experienced guys you are I thought it was the best cenario to return checking my stuff and starting from last. Happened that after first lap I was at P6 due to the couple of spins. snip Yes, my pace was slower but nevertheless. From there I lost concentration and did some mistakes alone and only on second stint could have some fun and kinda good laps, down to 2:01 flat.

Hope to see you all soon.

All the best!

Fabiano.

PS: good practice to put this video online. :)
PS2: oh yeah, forgot to mention that I've managed to run out of fuel by some 500m... again... :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very pleased with this race. It's such a great track that has indeed resemblance with Monaco regarding the barrieres. To do a quick lap, you have to get close to them.

Didn't practice before the event started and planned to focus on staying on track. In practice alien Fulvio was way faster but I was amongst the human frontrunners. To my surprise I got pole in qually, but only because Fulvio didn't participate apparently. Had a good start and after Ernie made a mistake I quickly had a comfortable gap to Paul. After 2 laps Fulvio was 2nd and in lap 5 he was close behind. I put up a fierce defend and managed to hold him off until he pitted in lap 14 for the undercut. It worked and after my pitstop he was in front of me, leaving me in a nomansland for the rest of the race. Happy with my performance with a good pace and no major mistakes and to be best of the rest.

Congrats to Fulvio and Paul (great consistency! :thumbsup: ) and thanks all for joining. Pity there weren't more drivers. This track is amazing! Thanks for organizing, Brian!

Tomorrow we have another great event with the Ferrari vs Ford racecars of 1966. I thinking of a championship with these cars so if you like that, this is a chance to test the cars. https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...rsche-908-highlands-tue-31st-may-2022.232802/

Last edited:

Latest News

Back