AMS2 GT1s @ Hockenheimring 2001, Thursday 22nd September 2022.

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Yes, if the host owns the DLC track and is in session, then you can join without owning the DLC. The server is running default setups, so only tyre choice is available. Let me know if you'd like to join.
Can I let you know later in the evening? Not 100% sure I can make it.

20220922204258_1.jpg
Q1

Not sure about everyone else but I fancy a break from GT1.
A few suggestions, perhaps everyone could indicate their prefered option and we go with the most votes ?

1) Campo Grande in Caterham Superlight
2) Snetterton in Ultima GTR
3) Curtiba Outer in GT4
4) Kyalami 1976 in GT1's

Hopefully there is something for everyone in there ?

Thanks for the race but wasn't fun at all. I even slowed down for about 25 seconds to make it entertaining for myself, still won. I put the hard tyres on so no unfair advantage.

Was the track conditions different in 2 races (or did I accidentally use hard tires in the first race:))? Second race pace was much faster and there was grip! First race was ice skating.

Last edited:
Was the track conditions different in 2 races (or did I accidentally use hard tires in the first race:))? Second race pace was much faster and there was grip! First

Was the track conditions different in 2 races (or did I accidentally use hard tires in the first race:))? Second race pace was much faster and there was grip! First race was ice skating.
Not sure about grip in the first race as I was in the Merc which I struggled with on hard tyres, switched to the Maclaren in the 2nd race and it was very grippy with softs but I ran out of rubber on the front left with about 3 laps to go. probably my driving style caused it:)

Last edited:
Not sure about grip in the first race as I was in the Merc which I struggled with on hard tyres, switched to the Maclaren in the 2nd race and it was very grippy with softs but I ran out of rubber on the front left with about 3 laps to go. probably my driving style caused it:)
can you remember what your lap-times were in each? Just wondering if they are comparable or the whole experiment was a bit of a failure! :D

I see now that the server was setup with 2x wear. I think Guido did this to see if it helped level the field, but I guess it hindered the macca drivers in this instance

Last edited:
can you remember what your lap-times were in each? Just wondering if they are comparable or the whole experiment was a bit of a failure! :D

I see now that the server was setup with 2x wear. I think Guido did this to see if it helped level the field, but I guess it hindered the macca drivers in this instance
Not sure in the first race as I only lasted a few laps. Second race I was in 1.59's mostly when I had good tyres.

Well, from the image for Q1 above you had a 1:59.7 which looks promising. Did you not really like either combo though?
That was in the Merc which is quicker but I found it tricky on the hard tyres and times were inconsistent, I was slightly faster in the Maclaren and more consistent but I killed the tyres.
I need to drive more like Lewis !:)

Latest News

Back