AMS2 GT1s @ Hockenheimring 2001, Thursday 22nd September 2022.

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Club Staff
Premium
20220626145400_1.jpg

Thursday GT1s continue this week with a trip to the highspeed Hockenheimring. The 2001 layout, the last before the new shortened version, reflects the best of the classic layout with more modern curbs and chicanes.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

If you choose to drive the Mercedes CLK or Porsche 911GT1 then we ask that you use the hard tyre for the races, so as to give the Mclaren a chance of competing.

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #2 GT1
Server Password: rams2
Server Settings: X1 fuel, X2 tyre wear
Setups: Fixed
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Hockenheim 2001
Cars: GT1

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Porsche GT1 Skins Mercedes CLK Skins McLaren F1 GTR Skins

mclaren_41-png.567034
4-jpg.437717

Time Table

Race 1.
Practice: 19:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 19:30 UTC (30 minutes)
Lobby Break
Race 2.
Qualifying:
20:05 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 20:15 UTC (30 minutes)

ss151715 (2).jpg

Entry List
  1. T1MKO
  2. GeekyDeaks
  3. nepal roade
  4. Munkyboo
  5. Bas Kriesels
  6. vbomfim
  7. *Redvaliant
  8. 782369
  9. arthurrozendom
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot

Last edited:
I did a quick bunch of laps with the TT feature and found I was about 0.2s quicker in the Merc with hard tyres than the Macca on softs. Kinda surprised the difference wasn't bigger due to the long sections, but I'm not very familiar with the track so treat that experiment with a large dose of NaCl :D

Hi.

I’m not that familiar with ams so have few questions:

Can I join the server without owning the track?
Should I bother with a setup or is the car good to go with standard setup?

Can I join the server without owning the track?
Yep, you can still join. IIRC only the first person joining needs to own the track as they take control of the server.

Should I bother with a setup or is the car good to go with standard setup?
I usually run with default and find it ok. Maybe a click or two on brake balance and sometimes a change to final drive is required, but usually nothing major. According to the Reiza forums, all the default setups have been overhauled with the setups provided by @steelreserv (TY btw!):

Yes, if the host owns the DLC track and is in session, then you can join without owning the DLC. The server is running default setups, so only tyre choice is available. Let me know if you'd like to join.

Latest News

Back