AC GT Multiclass @ Road America - Sunday 6th February 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I cannot comment on CM, but the quality is just replay frequency, so picking low will give exactly the same picture quality as ultra, at less frames per second.
If that is wrong then please educate me, that is what I have alway believed and probably been told, by Rasmus , I think.:)

Glad with the result and had an intense race on one of my all time favourite tracks. Thx @Fiberoptix Tim, that was great racing! Had a perfect start and was in P2 and besides Patrick on the straight but did back off before the braking zone. After that pressure from Tim every lap, we had about the same pace. Couple laps later I went little wide in the corner before the Carousel and Tim could slip through. After that reversed situation, chasing Tim with more or less one second gap lap by lap, that was great fun. Thought about doing an undercut but we got to the pits at the same lap, no change here.
Close racing went on and I could pass as Tim spun. Had a comfort gap but lost that as I had a tricky GT4 lapping situation with two cars fighting where I overshot braking at the backstraight which cost me couple seconds, so Tim and Ernie could get closer. But managed it and finished behind Patrick who was out of reach.
Thanks all for racing, congrats to winners and thx @Interslice Brian for organizing!

cu next time

Some impressions of this great track:

After start behind Patrick:
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_lilski_road_america_7-2-122-0-38-13.jpg

Lap 1:
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_lilski_road_america_7-2-122-0-42-32.jpg

The famous kink, what a great corner, being chased by Tim (damn, just memories came back watching live on tv the brutal accident of Katherine Legge in the champ car 2006 at this corner, glad she walked away from that massive shunt, she lost parts of the rear wing which caused it):
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_lilski_road_america_7-2-122-0-46-55.jpg

you dont want your rear wing go away here going 180 mph.......
Screenshot (177).png

in the slipstream behind Tim:
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_lilski_road_america_7-2-122-0-50-25.jpg

Last edited:
What fun, too bad we had the pile up on the second lap. I had a look at the replay and what a cluster. I messed up coming out of the last turn on lap one and Han was able to catch and almost get by me by the first turn. He lost the rear end and when he swung back on track I braked hard but still tagged him. Then Richard had no time to stop and drove into me. I was able to get straight again just to be tee-boned by Lars, bad luck. From what I could tell Lars was just a passenger at that time. After that I was fighting with Colin for many laps. Thanks Colin, we had some close calls.
I was pretty excited getting the pole position knowing how good you guys are.

I'll be back for more!

Thanks for organizing Han and Brian! Well done to the winners!

My first time in the Ginetta in multi class and surprised myself to be P4 in qualifying. A reasonable start had me behind Richard on lap 1 and I thought I had got away with missing the rumble at T1 on lap two. But in trying to avoid Han I slid onto the grass on the right then span back across the track, hitting the barrier on the left. I managed to get going and found myself in P2 behind Richard and with Robert @Alfred Wayne recovering just behind.

I was running the rear wing at 2 but was struggling for top speed and Robert was soon “the man in the mirror” ........again!
While I could defend for a while, (sorry about the squeeze Robert, I was trying to get a tow off of Patrick’s McLaren to try and compensate for my lack of top end speed), Robert was obviously quicker and eventually found his way around after some really good side by side battles with loads of respect. We must stop meeting like this Robert!:D

So for a first time out in this class, not a bad result but was disappointed in my straight line speed so work to do on those corner exits.

Congrats to the podiums, thanks Brian for setting this up, well done to Pat on the pole in GT4, and Robert for the fastest lap, very impressed with those times.:thumbsup:

I cannot comment on CM, but the quality is just replay frequency, so picking low will give exactly the same picture quality as ultra, at less frames per second.
If that is wrong then please educate me, that is what I have alway believed and probably been told, by Rasmus , I think.:)

My CM settings

@Fiberoptix From messing about I think 32Hz will get you most 1hr races but not all. I've also been doing occasional 1hr + races here so my have it reduced for that. Last night race was just under 300000 kb
I believe it only efected the number of data points for car position throttle etc. and not the FPS or video quality

1644240396534.png

Last edited:
the neckFX option (for a single 27" monitor) turned on in CM (turn toward apex). Never used it before because it was too extreme, but I finally fiddled with it a bit, and it feels nice and "wide" going into the turns
Hi Robert,

I'm interested in your settings for neckFX. Can you post a screenshot here?

I messed up coming out of the last turn on lap one and Han was able to catch and almost get by me by the first turn. He lost the rear end and when he swung back on track I braked hard but still tagged him. Then Richard had no time to stop and drove into me. I was able to get straight again just to be tee-boned by Lars, bad luck. From what I could tell Lars was just a passenger at that time.
Yeah that was unfortunate. Came around the corner as last man and tried to go out on the run off to avoid the mayhem but unfortunately ended up contributing to the mess. Cars going in every direction was hard to predict.

On my race: real life got in the way of my limited practice time so I had just a few laps to get the pressures and the fuel amount somewhere in the ballpark. Dropped the rear wing a couple of clicks but was still off the pace. Qualified last and used the first few laps (after the t1 accident) to try to find some pace. Ended up turning off traction control to get some rotation into the car (understeer is the worst, can't deal with it :p ). Was a bit overfueled so ended up with a late 1 litre pit stop and was surprised to come out p3 in class after the stop, just a second ahead of Paul and Robert who where battling. This allowed me to pull a small gap that lasted until the flag :)

I usually prefer h-pattern cars in ac, but the ginetta was a sweet handling car, will need to try to do a few more races with it!

Hi Robert,

I'm interested in your settings for neckFX. Can you post a screenshot here?
The blue green options ones are what I changed. I found the defaults to be a bit too lively for myself outside turns and what I have now gets a little turn in on corners, but not so much movement just going down a straight changing lanes.

This the biggest changes I made were effect gain and Tilt x & y g forces. Brought those all down a bunch.
Screenshot 2022-02-07 085839 Neck.png

Last edited:
The blue green options ones are what I changed. I found the defaults to be a bit too lively for myself outside turns and what I have now gets a little turn in on corners, but not so much movement just going down a straight changing lanes.

This the biggest changes I made were effect gain and Tilt x & y g forces. Brought those all down a bunch.
View attachment 538862
Thanks Robert. Which version of CSP is this? I don't have those new options.

Thanks Robert. Which version of CSP is this? I don't have those new options.
I had been using the current preview version, but I just rolled it back to the public 0.1.76 & 0.1.75 versions in CM and the neckFX settings I set were still there (at least the settings I touched). Think it's been around in the last few updates?

Last edited:

Latest News

Back