AC GT Multiclass @ Road America - Sunday 6th February 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks @Interslice. Bad start, too much wheelspin and Thomas got the jump on me. Patrick was gone so I battled within a second in front or behind Thomas for most of the race (great race sir!) Had a spin in T6 and Thomas was gone with about 7 laps to go l. Now I have to start watching realtime and thinking where is Ernie.! I could hold the 2 second gap so I was safe barring another mistake. Finished a second behind Thomas in the end in 3rd.

I made some bad judgement tonight passing GT4s in a couple of places, sorry guys. I tried to come around 2 after the kink and then they went side by side and I hadn't seen how close they were and didn't expect the one at the back to make a move. Thought I had time but misread the 200 board for the 300 and overshot the corner probably ruining an overtake and costing them both time. Sorry about that, not sure who it was I think Colin was one of them, it was poor driving on my part.

Well done Patrick, your race was probably pretty lonely and well done Richard.

I found that a difficult track in the ferrari. The bumps and kerbs were out to kill it. A reminder also why i don't run the 1 litre quick stop strategy...

Had some decent battles with hape and taj but 4 or 5 crashes meant none lasted very long! Unlucky at the end Taj. You were catching me in chunks!

Sorry to any GT4 cars I tangled with, particularly pat and colin on the last laps there...

Congrats to all winners and podiums, see you all next week!

Thanks @Interslice. Bad start, too much wheelspin and Thomas got the jump on me. Patrick was gone so I battled within a second in front or behind Thomas for most of the race (great race sir!) Had a spin in T6 and Thomas was gone with about 7 laps to go l. Now I have to start watching realtime and thinking where is Ernie.! I could hold the 2 second gap so I was safe barring another mistake. Finished a second behind Thomas in the end in 3rd.

I made some bad judgement tonight passing GT4s in a couple of places, sorry guys. I tried to come around 2 after the kink and then they went side by side and I hadn't seen how close they were and didn't expect the one at the back to make a move. Thought I had time but misread the 200 board for the 300 and overshot the corner probably ruining an overtake and costing them both time. Sorry about that, not sure who it was I think Colin was one of them, it was poor driving on my part.

Well done Patrick, your race was probably pretty lonely and well done Richard.

That's was some start Tim! I think I could have passed you but it felt unethical to use so much of the grass :D ... I also had a spin taking the whole grid out in my mind :D

A tale of 2 races for me. Missed out on that big pile up early on and managed to get within 5/6s of Richard out in front for a bit, then lost it on a turn I lost it on in practice a few times :cautious:. Oh well :), got back on and drove for a few more laps before pitting. Then picked up where me and @Shed 17 left off last week... and the week before :D. Had a great battle the last 20min. Stuck my nose in where it didn't belong... got politely squeezed along the barrier... traded spots... just good hard racing with each driver not pushing the other off the track :thumbsup:

Thanks Brian for putting this together and everyone for showing up. Nice to have these good club races to look forward to at the end of a cold winter week :coffee:

Congrats to the winners and finishers, and don't forget, next week is BYOB, but the track does have a corkscrew, so don't need to bring your own :laugh:

Last edited:
A tale of 2 races for me. Missed out on that big pile up early on and managed to get within 5/6s of Richard out in front for a bit, then lost it on a turn I lost it on in practice a few times :cautious:. Oh well :), got back on and drove for a few more laps before pitting. Then picked up where me and @Shed 17 left off last week... and the week before :D. Had a great battle the last 20min. Stuck my nose in where it didn't belong... got politely squeezed along the barrier... traded spots... just good hard racing with each driver not pushing the other off the track :thumbsup:

Thanks Brian for putting this together and everyone for showing up. Nice to have these good club races to look forward to at the end of a cold winter week :coffee:

Congrats to the winners and finishers, and don't forget, next week is BYOB, but the track does have a corkscrew, so don't need to bring your own :laugh:
You had the fastest lap of the race, Robert! :thumbsup:

You had the fastest lap of the race, Robert! :thumbsup:
Oh... That's a new one for me! :).

Didn't want to make my original comment any longer, but this was the first race I've done where I had the neckFX option (for a single 27" monitor) turned on in CM (turn toward apex). Never used it before because it was too extreme, but I finally fiddled with it a bit, and it feels nice and "wide" going into the turns (a little harder to catch slides, but I try to avoid those anyway :laugh:). Guess it wasn't just all in the looks

Last edited:
@Fiberoptix Check the quality setting of the replay in the CM settings->replays Mine was on "high" and it says up to "1hr 55min" but when I change it to ultra it goes down to "57min". Might be it.

Can try to post a clip of the pile up though. Me and Colin had a side by side battle going into T1, then came around to see it all lol

Screenshot_ginetta_gt4_2017_lhd_lilski_road_america_6-1-122-17-33-40.jpg

Last edited:
My replay is 57 mins long and misses the first 2 laps. I set the slider to maximum size in content manager but they are always short. How do you get the whole race?

You need to reduce the Hz which keeps the file size down... I think it's either 16 or 32 you need. It's tricky to get the max file size thing to work reliably. I haven't figured it out anyway.

I now remember the last time I was here in the Nissan, it is just, for some bizarre reason, not work here for me. looks though it should, but really struggled against other gt3’s here.
In fact it struggled against the G55’s The long right hander, I struggled to keep with the G55’s. It is the fact that in fast corners you are dealing with understeer that you just cannot dial out.
Even when you have a big power advantage, the G55 are quick in the corner and the speed they get there is hard to pull back.
I settled for my place at the start, so I expected little else, and got little else. But had a great race.
I had little luck with the Ginetta’s but cannot complain after Wednesday. Could do very little but hang on to a gap with Thomas and Tim that was always getting wider.
So very big well done to Tim and Thomas, not forgetting Patrick of course.:)
And a special well done to Pat on his qualifying pace.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Cheers Brian @Interslice for the organisation, think I will go Ferrari next time I am here, just cannot get used to that pathetic engine sound and changing gears at 6000rpm, just does seem all wrong.:roflmao::roflmao:

98FA28E3-EFE6-41B8-985D-22A0C78B05EB.jpeg

Latest News

Back