AC Group C Cars@Spa, Tue 4th October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
For me it was not that simple unfortunately, I just could not get that timing right. I am not a Fulvio. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I will give the C9 a run and see what that was like.

Well, I agree with john. but in the C9 defence it is a bit better though Eau Rouge but loses out from there on, more to do with brakes, but hats off to Laurent on his epic drive.
As he said, it is in LM spec, but he gains more overall downforce, but still has the "same" front aero problem as the LT.
It also boosts to a maximum, so he gets more boost at peaks, making it more difficult, The LT boosts backs off as the revs rise to maximum, which makes the car better in fast turns. The C9 still has maximum boost, making it difficult in fast turns.
Without waffling on, the LT is easier to drive than the C9, but the C9 is less frantic and is all about timing.
A really good driver will be quicker in the C9, lesser souls like me are better served in the LT or ST.
SPA is a particular circuit, I think the Fat Alfei tracks will not be the same, run off's are better defined ( with lamp posts ), so track limits are not going to be a problem.

Damn, i am going to get one of those point and squirt cars next time now i know you can drive them in a straight line wherever you want :)
maybe you can get one with some working rear view mirrors so you don't pull out of the pits in front of someone who had just started a new fast lap during quali. That was totally out of order trying to stay in front, I caught up at Au Rouge and had to avoid you losing control and my lap. Please be more respectful like the other drivers who thankfully waited til I got by the pit exit.
Other than that had a poor start and half spun due to the stationary car ahead so started with no one is sight. But I got into a nice rhythm with consistent laps and picked up a few places with others making mistakes. Had a lot of fun chasing I think @Medilloni. eventual caught him and passed him at No Name due to his mistake. but we both pitted after that and I screwed up my fueling amount and put in 25ltrs too much so he got away too much to re-catch for the last 20 mins. Still very enjoyable race overall and looking forward to a championship in these beauties next year.

Last edited:
Bremgarten should give us more insight on that.

Btw John: Can I have the gear settings you used on the ST yesterday?
Good luck with them Han, I was losing on the straight against other ST's :laugh:
Didn't have enough laps to make a setup so used one I had for Sebring, ratios/diff are:
[FINAL_RATIO]
VALUE=0

[INTERNAL_GEAR_2]
VALUE=1

[INTERNAL_GEAR_3]
VALUE=3

[INTERNAL_GEAR_4]
VALUE=6

[INTERNAL_GEAR_5]
VALUE=6

[INTERNAL_GEAR_6]
VALUE=4

Good luck with them Han, I was losing on the straight against other ST's :laugh:
Didn't have enough laps to make a setup so used one I had for Sebring, ratios/diff are:
[FINAL_RATIO]
VALUE=0

[INTERNAL_GEAR_2]
VALUE=1

[INTERNAL_GEAR_3]
VALUE=3

[INTERNAL_GEAR_4]
VALUE=6

[INTERNAL_GEAR_5]
VALUE=6

[INTERNAL_GEAR_6]
VALUE=4
Not on me you did that!

maybe you can get one with some working rear view mirrors so you don't pull out of the pits in front of someone who had just started a new fast lap during quali. That was totally out of order trying to stay in front, I caught up at Au Rouge and had to avoid you losing control and my lap. Please be more respectful like the other drivers who thankfully waited til I got by the pit exit.
Other than that had a poor start and half spun due to the stationary car ahead so started with no one is sight. But I got into a nice rhythm with consistent laps and picked up a few places with others making mistakes. Had a lot of fun chasing I think @Medilloni. eventual caught him and passed him at No Name due to his mistake. but we both pitted after that and I screwed up my fueling amount and put in 25ltrs too much so he got away too much to re-catch for the last 20 mins. Still very enjoyable race overall and looking forward to a championship in these beauties next year.
Neale, the guy who you "had a lot of fun chasing" was the guy you just gave a bollocking to. Me. Let me get one thing straight, i would only be out of order if i had done what you rightly said i did deliberately. I apologise for screwing up your lap and i only saw you at Au Rouge when you flashed past my mirror which in VR was not giving me much info of what was going on behind me hence i had to rely on my radar. I genuinely did not see you sorry and when i did i tried to let you come by me which you did not. Maybe instead of asking for more respect from me you could of asked me why first and not be so rude and accuse me of spoiling what would of course been a much faster lap on purpose. Anyway, yes it was fun racing you with very similar lap times and yes, thanks to your pit error i was able to get a good margin on you. I would of preferred to sort things out in private but you said your piece and have had my response. All told, i had a lot of fun and thanks again Han for making it happen as always.

Things do not alway go your way, I have never known Steve do anything that even remotely that resembles a careless action or doing any thing on purpose.

You have to suck up a “loss” with the same attitude as “gain”.

It does me the world of good to have things go wrong, it teaches more than when things go right.

I could not find an empty track to get a qualifying lap, some you win some you lose.

Things do not alway go your way, I have never known Steve do anything that even remotely that resembles a careless action or doing any thing on purpose.

You have to suck up a “loss” with the same attitude as “gain”.

It does me the world of good to have things go wrong, it teaches more than when things go right.

I could not find an empty track to get a qualifying lap, some you win some you lose.
well thanks so much for the lecture, the simple fact is Steve did not check he was clear to enter the track simple as that. and it had nothing to do with finding an empty track, my lap was obstructed. have fun racing without me, thanks for the encouragement.

well thanks so much for the lecture, the simple fact is Steve did not check he was clear to enter the track simple as that. and it had nothing to do with finding an empty track, my lap was obstructed. have fun racing without me, thanks for the encouragement.
Neal, with respect your time was very similar to mine which is why we were both at the back of the grid and the race. It really made very little difference to the outcome and you said yourself you enjoyed our battle. No one is trying to lecture you but if you are going to flick muck in public some is going to bounce back. I made a mistake, i am sorry and if in future we have an issue please pm me and we can sort it out. Throwing your toys out of the cot and saying we can race without you is not helping is it. Lets go forward and see each other on the track this evening yeh?

Guys,

I don't like all of this at all. I'm quite certain that no one disadvantages another driver deliberately. So please be tolerant and if you want some explanation of the other, send him a pm in a civilized manner without accusations. The same goes for a reaction on such a post that shouldn't be in our thread in the first place.
We are all grown ups so I will ask again everyone who's frustrated to count to ten before posting anything.
The last thing I want, is drivers quitting because of this kind of discussions.

English is not my native language so if the above is offending then it is unintentionally.

Last edited:
You probably all know this anyway but the Track Map app is a great way of seeing the location of all cars on circuit. Much better that the stock kunos version - which only shows a few corners. One of our own race members has also extended it to show even more info. I use this and the Kunos Realtime app to keep an eye on who is where. I find the radar is only useful if you're in a close battle with someone.

It is not a lecture at all, it is a direction you need to not only to understand but come to terms with.
No race is going to go solely on your terms and conditions , especially with a club that caterers for everyone.
Han welcomes fast to slow, skilful and less so.
But we are all on this forum are competent quick drivers, who make silly judgements and occasionally run out of ability.
Sometimes it goes in your favour , sometimes not.
That does not mean the cannot flick your eyes skywards or not mention it politely and in fun way to create a community understanding. It has happened to me and I take note and try not to repeat it.
You should draw the line on the word “done on purpose” that is completely different, it has happened to me twice in hundreds of hours here on this forum.
1000x60x60=3,600,000seconds \10seconds= F**k all.

I have excluded suicidal Sid, he knocked everyone off in one race. So you could just not take it personally :roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

Back