AC Group C Cars@Spa, Tue 4th October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Okay, I have spent all of yesterday evening and part of today trying to sort out my performance issues in VR and *finally* found it! I tried a lot of things but in the end, if you are running Win 11 2H22 with WMR and have your frame rate going up and down all the time then :

"Go to Computer Management → System Tools → Performance → Data Collector Sets → Event Trace Sessions. In this list, find HolographicShell, right click, and choose ‘Stop’."

The process is restarted each time you launch WMR..

Now I can finally concentrate on lapping.

Can I just confirm the event start time please? SGP is telling me 10:02 PM (21:02 UTC) which seems odd :O_o:
Thanks! I've made a small change today and then s.gp changes also the starting time apparently. I corrected it. The event starts at the usual time now. Much obliged!

Last edited:
I'm not racing tonight but I just glanced at the event config and you seem to have a typo in the overrun time...

Screenshot 2022-10-04 182200.jpg

Going to be a very long night!

Sorry fellas, my game crashed as the starting lights went out :(

Couldn't join with CSP running so tried without and the game looked and felt like 2004. It's been playing up recently and at this stage I think I probably need to do a complete re-install to try to get things working again.

Hope you had fun :)

Thanks for organising tonight's race Han, really enjoyed that, well sorta, joined with 2 mins to go, phew :laugh:

Congrats to @cerebralvortex Laurent and @Kek700 Ernie for the result.... and getting these turbo beasties under control!:confused: ...and to all, thanks for the fair racing!

Apologies Ernie, into Les Fagnes near end of race, I nearly rear ended you - my tyres* were in the red and yet forgot how early you have to brake in the LT, though I think you saw that you canny person you:p

*Wish I'd practiced more for this, was sat in the pits pulling me hair out.... refuelled but no tyre change:devilish: ..thought I'd set 2 options (hard and med), but didn't save:laugh::laugh:

Other tracks will be interesting, very unsure which car to go for:cautious:

But still, buzzing with these cars, such fun:inlove:

It was an interesting race for me, I decided to go with two tyre changes, this was after I had tried to run mediums for 30 minutes. So seeing that was not a good idea at that point I went for two sets of mediums as I had a full tank of fuel.
Next problem was John and Laurent, I knew I could get passed John on the long straights, but unfortunately they were both in front, bugger, and John had strong pace.
Luckily he went for a spin, but following Laurent for many laps both pressuring him and then not.
Laurent never put a foot wrong, that was then an easy decision for me, an overtake would have been pointless, first chance and he would had out dragged me anyway.
I needed to get in front and that was not going to happen, so went in for some more fresh tyres, just coming out in front of John. By then his tyres were not up to much so I managed to pull a gap.
That was it really , a lot of luck, unfortunately not enough.:roflmao::roflmao:
I could not run softs, only lasted about 3 laps before they went yellow, mediums were about 10 before yellow, hards would have gone the whole race before yellow.
I needed 115 litres of fuel?
It was a difficult race for all of us I am sure, 60 minutes of total concentration :O_o:
Great event Han, and a well done to all.:)

Last edited:
Sorry fellas, my game crashed as the starting lights went out :(

Couldn't join with CSP running so tried without and the game looked and felt like 2004. It's been playing up recently and at this stage I think I probably need to do a complete re-install to try to get things working again.

Hope you had fun :)
I tried to go around you Tudor but i must of caught my car on you somewhere cos i ended up sideways on the start grid. Of course you would not of seen that as i am guessing your pc had already left the scene. No worries. Anyway, give my regards to Wales, born and bred and lived in the Penarth area of Cardiff for most of my life.

Nice race! Qualified 4th which was Ok. Again totally screwed up my start with a wrong gear setting. I was using 1th in LaSource and the BusStop chicane but to prevent too much wheelspin, I had it quite high so at the start the car wouldn't move. So after T1 again last although I think someone had a spin behind me. I had decent pace and could overtake several cars in my first stint. My pace on hards was almost equal to that of the mediums so I chose the hards. As refuelling cost a lot of time in these cars, I went for maximum fuel (99liter) for my first stint and pitted halfway for 23 liter which still cost more time than a tyre changes. So I also got 'free' fresh hards for the second part of the race. I came out just behind John but I couldn't match his pace. The last laps were very fun chasing Robert for 4th. I think his tyres were gone because he had some trouble staying on the black stuff. So in one of the last laps I could pass him.
These are great cars to drive and I'm already looking forward to the long track championship in 2023.

Congrats to the podium. It was great to see Ernie and Laurent managing their very difficult cars and finishing the race without major mistakes. Although Ernie seldom had a clean lap:p.
1664953485057.png

Next week the first race with the Ferrari 250GTO and Griffith 200 in the Fat-Alfie championship. There are still spots free but it's recommended to do some practice if you don't know these cars (@KDiesel !:p).

Last edited:
Whoooah, that was a tough race! Han basically instructed me to race tonight with this car, but I sure am glad he did!
Luckily I fixed my VR issues in time, I was going to withdraw otherwise. Frame rate was silky smooth now, which you need with these cars.

Strangely I had the impression that a tire change took a lot more time than refueling on the C9. Maybe something to check Han if it takes longer on this car. So for the data, I went with 90L at the start on hards and pitted for 16 liter during my only stop. No new tires. They were in the yellow with a lot less grip with about 16 mins to go in the race. I didn't try the mediums at all. And only put the softs on to qualify.

P2 wasn't bad. I could go into the 2'11's on a really good lap but I didn't manage to pull that off yesterday. John started in P1 and went wide into T1, I was then able to get a good exit out of T1 while John was on the kerb. But once we got in the twisty bits he was right behind me. My tires were still very cold and I had very little grip. He spun out on the last corner of lap 1, presumably due to the cold tires. It took me about 3 laps to get heat into them. A bit later Ernie was on my back for a few laps then dropped down about 3 seconds due to a small mistake? Not sure but I had some breathing air and could pull some good laps. Times were very consistent until my tires started to drop off with about 16 mins to go. Ernie was right behind me again now chasing me for some more laps until he went in the pits again.. At that point I was able to turn the boost down and cruise to the line for the remaining laps.

The damage being at 10% only allows for more boost usage for sure. That is giving an advantage over cars that have no boost. Still, a track like Spa is not easy with the C9 which has an LM aero package to start with.

Congrats to Ernie, although I wonder what all those invalid laps are about :coffee: Too bad John spun out on lap 1, he had a lot of pace.

Are we doing a championship with these now?

Are we doing a championship with these now?
No because we have already two Fat-Alfie championships running at the moment. But I'm going to start a Group C championship in January on all available tracks of more than 10km.
I will probably do another Group C event in a couple of weeks on Fat-Alfies Bremgarten (8,4km) as preparation for the championship.
Spa is a race circuit with two long flat out parts where the Long tail and the C9 can profit from their top speed. Bremgarten is different in that aspect.

Ha Ha, :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: quite right, I was well aware of my lapping discretion. The big problem with the LT , so much downforce has been remove from the car that there is no down force at all on the front.
This gives a big problem in that the more rear wing you apply the less down force goes on the front. This actually makes matters worse; So you have to run with no rear wing.
Although I went with 2, that was more for a bit of reassurance.
I tried to get more front grip with setup, but for me , I got nowhere with that.:(
With enough time in this car you can go someway to getting around this with the brake, but it needs a clever driver with a delicate touch on the brakes, enough to put weight on the front wheels , but not too much to kill the speed.
That is well beyond my ability, maybe with some practice I could go someway to that. In fact the last fast corner, after some 50 minutes of racing I was getting that sometimes right, but Eau Rouge was a constant loosing battle for me. Sometimes legal mostly not.

6AD1C6B7-F9FE-456E-9AFD-2A85A026EE45.jpeg

PS
the shear pace of the C9 and LT makes judging speed with respect to corners quite difficult, they make GT3 car seems quite pedestrian.:D:D

Last edited:
That is well beyond my ability, maybe with some practice I could go someway to that. In fact the last fast corner, after some 50 minutes of racing I was getting that sometimes right, but Eau Rouge was a constant loosing battle for me. Sometimes legal mostly not.

Hah, well, my race engineer kept telling me "He is faster than you through 'Eau Rouge'" , so that explains it. I had to brake quite a bit there, I'm sure you could have done the same ;)

Last edited:
the shear pace of the C9 and LT makes judging speed with respect to corners quite difficult, they make GT3 car seems quite pedestrian
Strangely, I found the Merc better than the LT in that respect, maybe my ffb settings need tweaking for the LT?

Even having driven them (LT, Merc), it was still a shock to be behind and get caught out by early brakes and low apex speed - I think the coming championship will demand a lot of patience :roflmao:

Strangely, I found the Merc better than the LT in that respect, maybe my ffb settings need tweaking for the LT?

Even having driven them (LT, Merc), it was still a shock to be behind and get caught out by early brakes and low apex speed - I think the coming championship will demand a lot of patience :roflmao:
Bremgarten should give us more insight on that.

Btw John: Can I have the gear settings you used on the ST yesterday?

Last edited:

Latest News

Back