Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1664399087772.png

1664399166469.png

1664399230022.png

1664399305824.png

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

In search for new interesting championships for this community we're thinking of doing one on long tracks (>10km) only. The cars that we have in mind are the very fast Group C cars. To see if it's feasable to race these monsters for an hour and also to check that they have comparable pitstop requirements, this week a race on Spa. It's not a long track (those are saved for the championship) but it's one of the longest GP tracks.

So sign up if you want to see if you can manage these beasts for the upcoming championship and help us by getting the data for it.

Other information:

• Password for registering will be the same as for the Wednesdays events. If you don't know that, please post in this thread and I will send a PM with it.
  • The normal rules apply for this event.
  • This event will be ranked.
IF THE KNOWN S.GP BUG APPEARS (all cars disappear when the lights go out), please don't do anything. The host will restart the session in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME.

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

1664399712054.png

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars:
    • Mazda 787B (rotary engine, great sound!)
    • Mercedes C9 1989
    • Porsche 962 Longtail
    • Porsche 962 Shorttail
  • Track: Spa Franchorchamps, Belgium
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (at least 1 liter of fuel)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
@cerebralvortex Laurent, in the past you drove the Mercedes C9 with us. Is it possible that you sign up with this car again. I need data for it.

@Kek700 Ernie, you drove the Longtail then. The same question for you to sign up with that car.

Just had a handful of laps, feels really weird (and wonderful!) after not driven them for so long:confused:
Wish I could make this Tues, but working:cry:

Edit: Just noticed not many signups, so have done - can I confirm I need to be on the server before 8.05 UK time to take part? If so will try and be back in time.

Last edited:
Just had a handful of laps, feels really weird (and wonderful!) after not driven them for so long:confused:
Wish I could make this Tues, but working:cry:

Edit: Just noticed not many signups, so have done - can I confirm I need to be on the server before 8.05 UK time to take part? If so will try and be back in time.
Yes around 8.05 British time qualify will start.

Just like Han, i chose the short tail 962 probably because it is the most stable and least likely to be driven backward but is it a little under powered compared to the others? I cant drive the Mazda cos i did a whole series with it and i am still hearing that tune it makes at full chat, the long tail i feel is more of a straight line speeder which leaves the Merc which i am guessing is the wise drivers choice?

Just like Han, i chose the short tail 962 probably because it is the most stable and least likely to be driven backward but is it a little under powered compared to the others? I cant drive the Mazda cos i did a whole series with it and i am still hearing that tune it makes at full chat, the long tail i feel is more of a straight line speeder which leaves the Merc which i am guessing is the wise drivers choice?
Well the Merc is certainly not underpowered!

Well the Merc is certainly not underpowered!
there's no doubt the Merc is faster top speed wise, but it is very tricky to control that power. I'd be more interested in what the lap time differentials are like on a more twisty circuit like Fonteny for example, or Deutchlandring which has twisty bits and a very long straight. In fact don't most of David's tracks have at least one long straight on them?
I organised and ran a Daytona 24 hour event a couple of years back at VAC with the group C cars (and others classes) and the Merc was uncatchable.

there's no doubt the Merc is faster top speed wise, but it is very tricky to control that power. I'd be more interested in what the lap time differentials are like on a more twisty circuit like Fonteny for example, or Deutchlandring which has twisty bits and a very long straight. In fact don't most of David's tracks have at least one long straight on them?
I organised and ran a Daytona 24 hour event a couple of years back at VAC with the group C cars (and others classes) and the Merc was uncatchable.
1664823888345.png

And we did a race on the Feldbergring once which was great as I remember. Ernie in the Long Tail passing me on the straight and me overtaking him somewhere in the other part of the track.
Lap times were quite comparable. Mistakes are what makes the difference in the end. It was me who made the most:(.

EDIT: That race on Spa was 30 minutes. Tomorrow it will be an hour so fuel usage, tyre wear, pit stop strategy and fatigueness will probably play a role. And that's exactly the information I need for the championship to make sure that one of the cars won't have a too big (dis)advantage.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back