AC FWD vs RWD@Sachsenring, Wed 26th June 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Funny this sim racing, as i always say, just like life packed into 60miin. :D :D
Decided on an early pit stop, just as Paul pulled into the pits with the same thing in mind, as he turned in my brain said NO carry on, unfortunately my body did not seem to comprehend.:confused:
Buggered up my pit stop and amazingly got out before Paul, looked in my mirror and he was still there, probably could have both followed my first thought.:O_o:
That was my race cooked, stuck behind Kimi, every time i got by, he sailed pass with ease on the first straight.
Ho well ! a most enjoyable race for me, and a great drive from Kimi with not one meaning full mistake.
Well done to podiums and especially my driving buddy Han on his third, possible second.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Buggered up my pit stop and amazingly got out before Paul, looked in my mirror and he was still there, probably could have both followed my first thought.:O_o:
Yes, something strange happened as the usual fuel going in graphic didn't appear, so I sat there wondering why as I was in well in the box. Then I saw that the pit window time at the top of the screen had gone so set off after Ernie. But I had Colin to navigate and that took several laps of trying, then Rico to pass. All this cost time and I was catching Jari but needed one more lap.
Good fun though.

Had a good race with no major mistake. Lap 1 was funny, I thought the Renaults in front were on a drift challenge:) Congrats to Allan, once he managed to tame the Renault and made no mistakes in second half he continually could decrease the gap and there was no chance for me for the win as he just drove by at the straight. I was much faster in the Renault but I doubt I could make it one hour flawless on the limit without much more practice. I think the Renault has too much top speed and acceleration compared to the mx5 so there will be not much tracks where you can go faster with the mx5 I think.
Great racing all and cu next time.

As per usual spent most of my hour keeping out of everyone else's way!

Made the rookie error of loading Jason's tune instead of my own - with zero track time - so spent the first 10 laps or so looking at the grass and barriers before outdoing myself by going through a fence and ending up behind the pit lane... who ever built the track did a wonderful job of rendering the transporters and crowd, would recommend having a look but probably not during a race....

Finally got to the point where I could string a few laps together before the inevitable lift off over steer catapulted me into the armco during the first sector.

I know I should stick with the MX5 but where is the fun in that!

Same time next week.

Paul

Last edited:

Latest News

Back