AC FWD vs RWD@Sachsenring, Wed 26th June 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Been away from the wheel due to work commitments but will try and log in tomorrow. Always keen to try something new so will give the Renault a whirl.

Anyone got a tune??

Paul

Han,

Can you put me down for the R5 for tomorrows event - apologies but I have forgotten how to add myself to the register...

Blame age and alcohol.

Han,

Can you put me down for the R5 for tomorrows event - apologies but I have forgotten how to add myself to the register...

Blame age and alcohol.
Hi Paul,

I can only do that if I have your SteamId. But I will send you a PM with the information so you can do it yourself.

I don't know if I'll be racing tonight chaps... windows are open and fan is on high but the melting temperature in the attic is not receding... :sleep:

IMG_6759.jpeg

I've bought a mobile airco yesterday and received and installed it today. So I'm good now!
BTW; yes it's sustainable because I've got solar panels which cover the electricity usage.

I moved our mobile airco to the attic but in 1 hour it could only topple 2 degrees (at 900w an hour is not sustainable)... so I'm afraid is a DNS for me... just when I finally got the Sachsenring... :cry:

Can someone save me the replay? :redface: Have fun chaps!

Last edited:
Well done all, those Renault's were quick.

I didn't see the usual pit stop fuel going in so faffed about in the pits then came out behind Colin. Good racing everyone.

Tomorrow night it's Red Bull ring in F3, you are all welcome to join in!:D

That was fun. Lonely but fun :cool:

Did a few laps offline yesterday, no time this week. PB'd in qualy, just in front of Rico. In the race I couldn't put a decent consistency to the track, but it was a great track to drive. Pretty okay start, got some beehives and tried to give them a hard time for the money. Did some paintscraping action with Han in lap 1, I just barely avoided killing Paul F. in the last corner, and screwed up my exit, so a lot cars could pass. Got a few of them back, bit from there it was quite lonely, Tried to catch Rico, but he was too quick for me, so no more positions to gain.

Aaain, fun track, really sorry for Raul not being able to drive here. I need more practice on this track to be consistent.

Congrats podium and thanks Han!

Next!

Last edited:
Great race! Good choice of you. The first laps were ridiculous with so many close battles because of the very different characteristics. The Suzuki was unbeatable in the first sector with al those slow and medium corners. But when the Renault survived that part they had an easy over take on the straight towards the last two corners.
In those laps nice battles with Bouke, Kimi, Paul and later with Jari. It's a pity I lost so much time at the start and the first laps because I had similar pace as Thomas so we could have had a fight for 2nd.

In the race I finally discovered how to nail the last two corners so I could get into the 33s.

Very happy with a podium, with no mistakes, with finishing in front of Ernie, with setting a faster laptime as Ernie, with my newly installed airco and with such a great crowd to race with.

Thanks all for racing.

I've continued testing new tracks and found some lovely ones.

I'm now of a sequence of 3 new tracks and 1 known track every 4 weeks. So do you want to change it like 2 + 2 sequence like this?:

1e week: new track selected by me
2nd week: known track selected by me
3rd week: new track selected by me
4th week: known track selected by you (Track of the Month).

Please let me know.

Last edited:
Hi Han,
Some good side by side racing with the Suzuki’s last night :thumbsup:
I think the even mix as you have outlined above is a good balance. Finding time to learn a new track is always a problem so being able to turn up on well known tracks with a good knowledge of it saves a lot of time and hopefully will attract more drivers.
The fourth week voted track of the month should stay in my opinion and as you state in the track of the month post, it should be a track we have use in the past, if only once before, leaving new tracks for the other two weeks.

Latest News

Back