AC FWD vs RWD@Donington 2018, Wed 14th August 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Wasn't my best race today. Just couldn't get into a flow. I had maybe two good laps, including the one during qualification. A shame because Jari, Allan and I were really close pace wise. Hopefully the next one will be better!

I do think it was a good idea to change the layout seeing how there were some fights between the Mazdas and Suzukis which is a rare thing. But maybe it could've been communicated earlier :p

Congratulations to the podium! I'm awaiting the decision of the stewards for the incident between P1 and P2 in the penultimate lap with excitement :D Just kidding, just kidding

Thank you Han for organizing and reconsidering the track layout.

See you when I see you!

Had a good race, just got pipped on my pit exit, dam and blast. But at least i got to that position with good race strategy. just lost to much time in the first part behind two Mazda's.
Just looked at the replay, some-what of a bad move, not really very fair. You did not need to do that, i was never in a position to try for the corner, just curtail your entry and hopefully your exit speed and "hopefully" I would have had better corner exit speed. I was really just hoping for the next straight for a chance. Even that was a long shot. But better than no shot.
:(

Apologies Ernie, it was never my intention to squeeze you and I thought I had left you room, helicorsa had you just beside my left rear wheel and the contact came under braking with a touch which then turned me into you, sorry!:redface:
Other than that I was happy with finally finding some pace out of the Swift but I did lose time coming out of the stop right behind Jari.

Ok, so a better recap than what I posted as I quitted ;p

I still like the Clio but just not on this track layout. Somehow the last minute change made it even less competitive, but more importantly made it less fun, which is why I ended out not finishing at all. I actually felt good for just being around 1s off Jason's pace. Quali was ok and It was a nice start of the race with a 3 way race with 3 different cars, my clio, Jose's Mx5 and Kimi's 5 Turbo. But then Kimi snap oversteered to oblivion and not much later I understeered to infinity on the not sharp turns of this track.

Congrats to the winners and thanks everyone for joining and organizing
Till next week! (hopefully on a very different type of track)

Yes Paulo, this was a very difficult circuit, there were many corners that you could take easily and that is what you got , an easy circuit. But when you are trying to keep the pace high on very understeering cars it suddenly became very difficult. Even in the Suzuki you have to be very careful , especially in the chicane.
I think the Suzuki was quickest here mainly due to its reduced understeer and a car you could drive quickly and reasonably safely.
The Mazda should have won here with Thomas , Jason Rico, , Jari and Allan driving. It was the consequence of mistakes that made it the Suzuki race.
Those four should have blocked any advantage the Suzuki had here.
The Clio, Abarth and 5 could not get into the mix and thwart the Suzuki even more.

Last edited:
Thanks all for racing! In the Abarth 124 to which I switched just before the race I had an interesting race being faster on the straights but slower in the corners. So I had nice battles with Mazda's especially Allan. I've only seen the Suzuki's at the start.

Next week again a short and easy track. https://www.overtake.gg/threads/fwd-vs-rwd-pukekohe-park-wed-21th-august-2024.275209/

I will not be present as I'm away for 1 week to Hamburg and Lübeck. I believe Paul is also away but you are all regulars so you can dream the pre race chat by now. Just make sure you have a replay in case you want an incident to be reviewed.

Have a nice one!

Latest News

Back