Premium
1689873993762-png.681573
1689873804733-png.681571

A46D0054.jpg
1718917050807.png

abarth-124-spider-prova-2017_36.jpg
1723138902533.png

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

In the holiday season with less participants we'll keep the tracks fairly short and easy. Donington Park is well known to most of us but it's a long time ago that we went here with these cars.

SPECIAL ATTENTION: in this race the Renault Clio 5 Cup 1.3 is introduced in the FWD class as an alternative for the Abarth/Suzuki. You have to install it even if you drive another car otherwise you can't join the event. See the event details where to find the mod. The Renault 5 is only available with the V80 vintage tyres.
1723138824152.png

Go to the FWD vs RWD series Q2 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
Useful Links:
Entry list (tab entrants)

I like both, the Suzuki is easy to drive, that is why I like it. I can sit on to Thomas or Allan’s Mazda tail, just a few inches away and chase lap after lap and be perfectly at ease that I am not going to get caught out and punt him off. ( Hope it stays that way )
The Abarth is similar but not as predictable, so you have to be much more careful.
For me the Suzuki is a perfect Arthritic old git car.
IMG_1044.jpeg

I like both, the Suzuki is easy to drive, that is why I like it. I can sit on to Thomas or Allan’s Mazda tail, just a few inches away and chase lap after lap and be perfectly at ease that I am not going to get caught out and punt him off. ( Hope it stays that way )
The Abarth is similar but not as predictable, so you have to be much more careful.
For me the Suzuki is a perfect Arthritic old git car.
View attachment 775268
The grip of the Suzi is simply insane (and much easier to drive at it's limit) compared to the Abarth, the shopping trolley requires finesse, hence it is is not chosen in recent races. If the Abarth had a chance, the Aliens would use it, they don't.

The grip of the Suzi is simply insane (and much easier to drive at it's limit) compared to the Abarth, the shopping trolley requires finesse, hence it is is not chosen in recent races. If the Abarth had a chance, the Aliens would use it, they don't.
Well, I think that the last months the tracks I have chosen were not favourable for the Abarth. I think Road America and Sveg for example will be better for the Abarth (and the Renault 5) because of it's top speed.
I'll see if I can find a better balance in my choice of tracks.

If the Abarth had a chance, the Aliens would use it, they don't.
I don't entirely agree with that as i think it does have a chance at most tracks, the reason i don't use it anymore is due to driving it way too much last year and wanted a change, It's also the same reason i now use the mx5 also. My car choice is never on which one i think will be the fastest but the one i think i will enjoy at the given track or just random on how i feel.

I am reasonably competitive here in the Abarth, the only big problem is getting it through that stupid, idiotic, ridiculous, daft, crap, pointless chicane.
Other wise i would use it here, it is quite nice to drive until you arrive at that stupid, idiotic, ridiculous, crap, pointless chicane.

105706__58140.1542713995.380.500.jpg

PS.
Remove the track limits for that chicane

Last edited:
No problem at all, John. Actually I like these kind of discussions with useful feedback in it.

After the holidays, I will start the annual Fat-Alfie championship. Last year it was with only the Abarth and the Mazda. This year it will be interesting to see which of these 6 cars the participants will choose for these 7 tracks. You can't change the car within the championship, so everyone has to think carefully about which car suits them best.

I think I'm with Jason on this one. On the GP layout I'm about 0.5-0.8s faster in the Suzuki while on the National the Suzuki is about a tenth faster. Also laptimes are about 27s quicker which favors a smaller grid.

This is without a proper setup for either car on a track I didn't know before. So I'll probably reduce the margin a bit with more practice.

I'm not going to complain if we stick with the GP layout, just think National might be a bit more fun. :)

Latest News

Back