Formula Legacy Manager - 2000s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont like that it would be valuable information served on a plate.

With just a bit knowledge or research you could get that info yourself and maybe take advantage over people who don't look it up.

Making it public would make managers more lazy.

The idea of @Jimlaad43 is quite nice on the other hand.
Maybe you could announce drivers like that in the season before, but not the regular real life rookies
I like that idea actually.

Why not but there are two problems :
First how can I rate them compared to other formula one drivers ?
Second, there are already too much driver for 11 teams, we have many free agents who NEVER ran a single season in the game. I'm pretty sure Karthikeyan will never race.. would it be different with Wirdheim ? Not sure..

I mean ultimately I havent heard of 80% of the drivers up to now so I literally just look at price and age and decide from there in about 2 seconds

While I've known a bit more than 20%, I use the same tactic. Honestly, age and price is all we have to go on since we don't get to see stats unless it's our driver already. (Perhaps that can change in the next iteration of the game, if you decide to restart with the 1950's or something). And when you have drivers like Senna who are lasting longer than 1994 in this game, it's all new territory anyway.

If it's actually up for a vote, I say keep it the way it is. Meff has something good here and we haven't really complained until now...after 40-something seasons.

Seem to remember either Tapio or I suggested having more drivers way back already. Don't mind if someone who never made it to F1 in reallife is signed, or vice versa. Taken from the first sentence of the opening post
Have you ever dreamed of re-writing F1 history ?
It's part of the game. We're not trying to get the same results as there were.

As for rating those drivers, look at their success in the series they actually raced in, keeping an eye on how tough their competition was as well. Also look how well they fared in the junior series against drivers that later made it to F1. You also managed to get imo decent ratings for drivers like Bellof or Villeneuve, who died early in their careers. Especially for the former you didn't even have one complete season of results to rely on, but his sportscar achievements and his performance Monaco '84 gave some good indications.

As for announicing future rookies early on, don't. If someone wants to know before season end, he can just look at the wiki page of the upcoming season to figure it out.

Last edited:
I was very much in favour of having more drivers early on but I don't feel it's necessary to have more rookie drivers at this point after we've gone 20 years with the current system. I think it actually creates a more interesting off-season when there are less drivers available.

I personally feel the driver abilities should be more randomised anyway so that one couldn't just look into Wikipedia or driver wage to determine how good they are.

I personally feel the driver abilities should be more randomised anyway so that one couldn't just look into Wikipedia or driver wage to determine how good they are.

When we'll reach 2019.. every new rookie would be a creation of mine.. when they'll peak, how good they will be... I will be the only one to know ^^

When we'll reach 2019.. every new rookie would be a creation of mine.. when they'll peak, how good they will be... I will be the only one to know ^^
Do you have an expected "end date"? Like some point where a driver like Verstappen or Stroll is expected to retire? I think that might be a logical point to restart at 1950.

Market is closed !
K2z0WNF.png

2003 Formula Legacy Season (1-4)

FneVaGh.png

tMQlDPD.png

51oNTuH.png

DilfhvS.png

VcuijF3.png

1KgvMqs.png

You've got 48h to make your buys !

Status
Not open for further replies.