Formula FG Championship Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
McNAMARA IN CONTROL AFTER SPA WIN
12 - Belgium - Race.png

James McNamara is on his way to a maiden title after dominating the Belgian GP. Starting from third, McNamara made no immediate impact on the leading duo of Laskey and Martins, but after picking off his teammate, he was able to profit from a mistake at Les Combes by Laskey. From there on, he was near untouchable, cruising to a third victory in a row as the season looks to have flipped completely from just a few races ago when it seemed Laskey and DTK were going to take the season by storm instead.
For Jack Laskey, second here just doesn't cut it for him. Falling further behind, it's going to take a massive effort for him to even just catch up. Failures at 2KF1 seem to be the best way forward for him. Behind him on the podium, Jordan Bradford was the leading Falcon on the day, a strong effort from the rookie. Tim Engberink backed up his third in Hungary with fourth and a fastest lap in Belgium, leading home Joseph Wright who also snapped a cold streak. Stephan Bohner did well through the race to sixth, holding off a charging Daniel Harvey for the position. Harvey had an extra pitstop to repair, similar to Rui Martins who was also just behind in eighth. Nathan Cornes was solid to 9th, while Tapio Rinneaho lost his front wing early after a spin at Fagnes, but rode his luck back to the points late in the day.
It was a case of lucky to finish and unlucky to miss out for Allington, Rodriguez, Son and Rosella, while Chris Guardian was just plain unlucky when he retired from points late on. But he wasn't the only one, with Rob Sharp, Ben Utzer, Dani Tottos, Omer Said and Hugo Rossello all in or near the points when they dropped out of the race. Even Andrea Dovizioso could argue he would have been close, only Manolis Sigoulakis was struggling along when he retired.
Next session in the season is the second and final in season test. The budgets are updated, the bank available is shown for two drivers. It's not necessary to use it if you don't want to.
Marketplace closes for the test at 10am Sunday AEDT, but will remain open all the way until 10am next Thursday for the Italian GP.

Side note from me as well, Keranen Motorsport will be shutting down at season end.
It was not my plan to run the team, as I would rather be driving at this point and setting myself to maybe have to return to managing 2KF1 in the future. So while this was fun, I need to make the point early that I won't be taking up the option of continuing with my team next season (unless I'm again forced to, to ensure a full grid).
This means that Dani and Tim are available for teams to look at getting onboard, as well as anyone who wants to take on a team, that will also be guaranteed.
Thanks!

kxjHfJ1.png

We're happy to announce that Omer Said will be joining our team for Season 6. He brings a whole bunch of experience and skill to the team, and we'll be looking to convert that in his long overdue first career win. He'll join Stephan Böhner, who just extended his contract for another year.

At this point we'd also like to say thanks to Ben Utzer, who'll be leaving us at the end of the season. He's been with us in every race we entered so far, having become an institution within the team. We wish him all the best for what's up ahead, and hope we'll be able to see him out on a high.

kxjHfJ1.png

We're happy to announce that Omer Said will be joining our team for Season 6. He brings a whole bunch of experience and skill to the team, and we'll be looking to convert that in his long overdue first career win. He'll join Stephan Böhner, who just extended his contract for another year.

At this point we'd also like to say thanks to Ben Utzer, who'll be leaving us at the end of the season. He's been with us in every race we entered so far, having become an institution within the team. We wish him all the best for what's up ahead, and hope we'll be able to see him out on a high.
Didnt realise that ive been there for every race if the team.

Well, anyone needs a fresh driver for next season?

Drivers view:
"Qualifying was rather disappointing I have to say, missing out yet again on a top 10 spot. From there things looked upwards once again, kept the car on track (mostly) and profited from cars in front having problems, luckily, I could keep a couple of them behind, but Harvey and Martins got real close at the end; definitely happy with 6th.

Yes, yes, I did indeed renew my contract with BRT for next season, I have settled into the team well and look forward to improve further next season.

I had no idea the team was preparing a move to bring @Omer Said in, I’m pleasantly surprised, I had some good battles on track with Omer in previous seasons, will be interesting to see how we fare in the same car.

But with Omer coming in, means @Benutzername is leaving, which is a huge loss for the team, he’s such big name within BRT, but I cannot blame Ben for calling it a day after such a fault ridden season. I wish him all the best and hope he won’t be away for too long."

Upgrades:
Budget: $200
Income: $200
+10 Quali Skill ($100)
Total of Expenses: $100
Remaining Budget: $300

Personal values after buys:
Quali BHP: 794
Race BHP: 804
CoF: 4395
Quali Skill: 16160
Race Skill: 16170
Quali Variation: 290
Race Variation: 290

@Aidan Keranen my values on first page are a tad off, Quali Skill should be +15, Race Skill should be -15.

Last edited:
Didnt realise that ive been there for every race if the team.

Well, anyone needs a fresh driver for next season?
All 46 races of 2 12/17 seasons of competing (at the end of the current one)

But with Omer coming in, means @Benutzername is leaving, which is a huge loss for the team, he’s such big name within BRT, but I cannot blame Ben for calling it a day after such a fault ridden season. I wish him all the best and hope he won’t be away for too long."
I should probably correct that and say that the decision came from my side. I felt that we were going in circles, either the car letting him down, or driving errors, with no improvement in sight.

All 46 races of 2 12/17 seasons of competing (at the end of the current one)

I should probably correct that and say that the decision came from my side. I felt that we were going in circles, either the car letting him down, or driving errors, with no improvement in sight.
Say it already, i was fired because of having scored only 10 points:p:whistling:;)

Massive shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back