AMS2 Formula 3 @ Guaporé - Friday 18 March 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Formula 3.jpg

This week we are racing the Formula 3 class on Friday nights. An hour later but a shorter overall event with a lowered specced open wheeler racing machine. Fun guaranteed!

Wether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and collective learning into our races.

Don't be shy, sign up below and give us a try. The worst thing that can happen is that you might like it :)

Server, Settings & Rules

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F3
Server Password: brit
Server Settings: open setups, factory settings
Track: Guapore
Cars: Formula 3
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Time Table

Practice: 20:00 UTC / 21:00 CET (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC / 21:20 CET (20 minutes)
Race: 20:40 UTC / 21:40 CET (20 minutes)

Entry List
  1. Bram Hengeveld
  2. Yannik Haustein
  3. Casper de Wit
  4. nepal roade
  5. Piotrek Blaszczak
  6. Redvaliant
  7. Andrew Leach
  8. Damian Reed
  9. Kees Veenstra
  10. Fiberoptix
  11. GeekyDeaks
  12. PurgerUK
  13. JussiS
  14. abecede
  15. Driver name
  16. Driver name
  17. Driver name
  18. Driver name
  19. Driver name
  20. Driver name

Last edited:
I can never make their mid week races with my job but Fridays are good and this looks something new to try
I was in the same boat and it was the reason I ended up dropping the AC races as the mid week 'old stuff' was what I was in for really. I saw Han had started a Tuesday night vintage, but by that time I had started to sign up for the old bangers series run by @Redvaliant and AMS2 just feels a bit better smashing through a box for some reason to me. This lot are just as much a nice bunch and very welcoming.

On that note, @Bram Hengeveld - it looks like I'm going to be able to make this one. Can you put me down please?

Sign me up please. Would be good to have a season with these cars but please don't over do it. Along with the minis these were overused in AMS1, both great cars but variety / spice etc

Sign me up please. Would be good to have a season with these cars but please don't over do it. Along with the minis these were overused in AMS1, both great cars but variety / spice etc
hehe I really don't know what that means, overused. I had two full seasons in AMS1 using the F309 and most of the Brazilian tracks and they were the best two seasons racing I'd ever had up to that time. I also have a race series now using AC and the Caterhams which is just as good. The F309, the more the merrier for me.

How weird, I have no evidence in-game of TC or ABS working on the F301:

As you can see in the last screenshot I am going sideways and no ABS or TC activates whilst I have the pedal to the metal.

Here you can see the DPE class 911 RSR that already has the TC activated whilst driving down the pitlane because you hit the pit limiter. Note the icon lit up in orange on the bottom right in the HUD.

Last edited:
I see on the Rieza forums that people have reported it as a bug. The car has menu and cockpit adjustments for both aids when it should have none. Whether it actually works or not is another thing.

Last edited:
I see on the Rieza forums that people have reported it as a bug. The car has menu and cockpit adjustments for both aids when it should have none. Whether it actually works or not is another thing.

Yeah you can set it in advanced options but it has no effect when driving, the HUD always show when a system is operative or not, white when it's available and orange when it is in effect. They probably left it active somewhere in a UI configuration file. You can check the Sigma P1 for another example of how DRS can be bugged and how the HUD shows it's actual state/condition vs the UI.

hehe I really don't know what that means, overused. I had two full seasons in AMS1 using the F309 and most of the Brazilian tracks and they were the best two seasons racing I'd ever had up to that time. I also have a race series now using AC and the Caterhams which is just as good. The F309, the more the merrier for me.
What I mean is that eventually the numbers of people racing dropped and never seemed to recover, but yes racing the F309 in AMS1 was fantastic and made for close racing

What I mean is that eventually the numbers of people racing dropped and never seemed to recover, but yes racing the F309 in AMS1 was fantastic and made for close racing
I was fortunate as the club I was racing with then had it as their main sunday night race so we always had the same numbers pretty much, only a dozen or so, but enough for that close competitive racing.

Since I bought AMS2 with the current humblebundle pack, I'd like to try this one. Usually I'm only on AC, but this sim is really growing on me.
I *hope* to be there on time (i.e. at all), if my kids behave. So I can't give any guarantee until pretty much the event starts.
If the event is full without me, then please just ignore this msg. But if there's room left, I'll really try to participate.

Last edited:
Since I bought AMS2 with the current humblebundle pack, I'd like to try this one. Usually I'm only on AC, but this sim is really growing on me.
I *hope* to be there on time (i.e. at all), if my kids behave. So I can't give any guarantee until pretty much the event starts.
If the event is full without me, then please just ignore this msg. But if there's room left, I'll really try to participate.
We've got plenty of space left for you and everybody else :) See you on track :)

Latest News

Back