AC Formula 1xs Winter testing @Monza, Tuesday 1st March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I gave it my best three shots, the "Springbock" ( south african antelope) and I don´t get along over the curbs.

About Willow Springs, the only way I´d come in before Allan was if race control "pulled a Masi" on us and I´m to proud to win like that. :rolleyes:

So, see you on Wednesday

Carsten

( I´ll have a Jeep ready, I still go offroading way to often)

Guys,

I decreased race time from 40 to 30min.
Today I did a long stint and as fast as I could. I found it very exhausting and I'm not getting any younger so I think that 30 minutes is more than enough.

Last edited:
Guys,

I decreased race time from 40 to 30min.
Today I did a long stint and as fast as I could. I found it very exhausting and I'm not getting any younger so I think that 30 minutes is more than enough.

Sound decision Han, thanks! :thumbsup: I also did a long stint, trying to find consistency (which eluded me), and I too was 'kapot' at the end. Had trouble concentrating afterwards because of the 'hypnotic' combination of such a busy car in this particular short track. :O_o:

Last edited:
Guys, thanks all for racing tonight.
It was also a test for a championship on GPK tracks that follows the Formula 1 calendar. A kind of shadow championship with 22 races.
But I found this car a bit too intens, Monza is on of the few GPK tracks that has some relaxing straights but imagine Monaco or Baku with this:confused:?
So I'm now thinking again to use the Ligier for that. We had a fun race at GPK Portimao last week and although these cars have their own challenges, they are more relaxing.

What do you guys think?

Btw the Estonia is a great car so I will use it in the future on tracks like Bikerniecki and Donington1938.

Last edited:
Well done, Han, in finding a car that is perfect for Allan (and Axel)! :)

Seriously, though, it's a fun car but intense to drive around the short circuits.

Qualified 7th but had the pace for 3rd, I think, when I threw away a couple of mid
57s.

Got a really good start but touched the back of Simon who didn't get off the line well so I fell to the back. Made my way up to 6th by mid race but couldn't quite get on pace with Paul who was next up the road.

Didn't have any major off tracks and was reasonably consistent throughout the race and was only lapped by Allan and Axel.

Congratulations to Allan and the rest of the racers tonight.

Personally I much prefer the Estonia to the Ligier. The Ligier is just too unstable to be much fun, for a person of my abilities, anyway. I didn't feel any confidence in pushing the Ligier, whenever I tried I wobbled off the track.

Well done, Han, in finding a car that is perfect for Allan
Yes Douglas. This is true. After doing the first lap while testing this car, I immediately thought of Allan the Drift King. It should have been called the Ramsbottom 3. So I'm not surprised that Allan got the win with an amazing pace. And Axel did an excellent job by staying that close to him.

I got an idea of how to drive it more quickly in the pre race practice but didn't have time to safely change my approach so I had to drive to my pace and not over push, which is my usual problem in the races.

Latest News

Back