AC Fat-Alfie Championship Classic race#2@Bremgarten, Tue 25th October 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry, but I had to bail. I was sweaty mess going nowhere fast.
Should have practiced more than once :redface:
Definitely a great track and car combination, just couldn't do it justice.

Hope you all had a better race!!

Sorry, but I had to bail. I was sweaty mess going nowhere fast.
Should have practiced more than once :redface:
Definitely a great track and car combination, just couldn't do it justice.

Hope you all had a better race!!
Yeah I ran out of practice time and had a really messy race. I think you got caught up in one of my four spins. Sorry to you and anyone else I made problems for!

Congratz to Luka and Reik really great driving . for the rest my race was flat p2 didnt like my setup and i for me was really broken i have to make a new one for next race since i think was really undrivable doing the fast chicane was terrible and also to get on t1 my car was not turning properly i dont even know how i made it to p2

Last edited:
also i would like to give my setup to see if was on me temp 20-30c 100grip P i did 25.7 delta 25.4 if some1 fast can test it on berm when u got some time

Attachments

• 2.25.7 Q 20-30c 100grip .ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 56
That was as bad as I expected, the setup for this pile of sh*t was totally inadequate.
If that representive of a TVR suspension design, no wonder they went bust.
Struggled from lap three, mr arthritis was a big problem, plus I wanted a pee, forgot to go during Qualifying .
So when I eventually ended up on the roof and returned to the pits, I decided that Assetto Corsa was trying to tell me to go.
I apologise to all I hit, and to anyone who hit me, I thank you for sending me a message, give up.:roflmao::roflmao:
I will see if the next circuit effects my arthritis in the same way with a probability of me chucking in the towel. It is probably the 60 minutes in this pile of sh*t that was the killer.
This cars is well beyond my inadequate skill set, asks more than I can muster at least for for 60 minutes.
773BCE14-4F97-45F1-856B-4AE1CBBCBFD7.jpeg

Last edited:
That was as bad as I expected, the setup for this pile of sh*t was totally inadequate.
If that representive of a TVR suspension design, no wonder they went bust.
Struggled from lap three, mr arthritis was a big problem, plus I wanted a pee, forgot to go during Qualifying .
So when I eventually ended up on the roof and returned to the pits, I decided that Assetto Corsa was trying to tell me to go.
I apologise to all I hit, and to anyone who hit me, I thank you for sending me a message, give up.:roflmao::roflmao:
I will see if the next circuit effects my arthritis in the same way with a probability of me chucking in the towel. It is probably the 60 minutes in this pile of sh*t that was the killer.
This cars is well beyond my inadequate skill set, asks more than I can muster at least for for 60 minutes.
View attachment 611753
I hope this doesn't come across as 'negative' for the great organisers here, or the AC team and modders that make so many great cars for us.... like you Ernie we've had some racing/track experience. I've had the privilege of driving some of these AC cars irl - the TVR as raced here (and the 400), the Lola T70, AC Cobra and a few others, they all have the same problem in AC; suspension behaviour and settings that are just not close to reality.

This car is so incredibly wrong (dunno about the Ferrari), irl there wasn't any of the dive, yaw, weight transition, awful brakes etc with the real thing - and a visit with some friends at Oulton a few weeks ago racing the same car backs it up for me. You'd need to go back to the 40's for such a truly awful handling.

Perhaps I shouldn't have said that, oops :p

Again, pls don't get me wrong, AC is fantastic, as is this community! but 3% of the cars are... maybe fun, but not even close to the real thing :)

Last edited:
I hope this doesn't come across as 'negative' for the great organisers here, or the AC team and modders that make so many great cars for us.... like you Ernie we've had some racing/track experience. I've had the privilege of driving some of these AC cars irl - the TVR as raced here (and the 400), the Lola T70, AC Cobra and a few others, they all have the same problem in AC; suspension behaviour and settings that are just not close to reality.

This car is so incredibly wrong (dunno about the Ferrari), irl there wasn't any of the dive, yaw, weight transition, awful brakes etc with the real thing - and a visit with some friends at Oulton a few weeks ago racing the same car backs it up for me. You'd need to go back to the 40's for such a truly awful handling.

Perhaps I shouldn't have said that, oops :p

Again, pls don't get me wrong, AC is fantastic, as is this community! but 3% of the cars are... maybe fun, but not even close to the real thing :)
John,

It's great to have you with your real racing experience. Are there any cars that you know that have realistic behaviour? I would love to use them.

Last edited:
17 drivers tonight? :thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm glad! I was a bit afraid of numbers but now it's better.
And so good that Fulvio has decided to join us, although now getting a 2nd position will be harder for me haha

A shame that Franz Ferdinand decided to come this Tuesday, it was a pending thing back from 2013. I will start the practice for next GP soon, from now on I think every track lengthens >10 km :notworthy:

Cannot comment on the actual suspension design, but when you have no bump control at all, even with the springs at their lowest settings, then you have a rebound that basically freezes the suspension, then a bumpy corners, you have an random out of control car.
Only the gifted can deal with that.:(

Last edited:
John,

It's great to have you with your real racing experience. Are there any cars that you know that have realistic behaviour? I would love to use them.
I really don't know what to suggest Han - AC is amazing, and a minor miracle that so much is true to life, and tbh I think this is still a great combo 'cos the cars are close in lap times. :thumbsup:
Historic cars are hard to find info that was actually real, there was so much lying when it came to homologation, so I can't help with this really old stuff (being real I mean).

The closer we get to 'now' the better info we have of what is realistic, eg. 90's/20' touring cars, Grp C etc. But shouldn't get in the way of the other 95% of other great cars! ;)

Come on guys, let's give the old car a break. Series 1 version of a very light car with probably UK Ford Popular pre Anglia suspension plus a very heavy iron lump of motor up front and a very short wheelbase cannot possibly make for a good handling car in its day. In fact, it might not be a million miles away from the real thing at the time with those lovely cross ply tyres. We all tamed it, some better than others of course. Ernie, have a look at your lap time. Quicker than most of us mate. For me, i had a great time. Made a few mistakes but then who didn't and cant wait for the next struggle. Thanks Han as always

This race was fun for me in a different way. It was a real challenge to tame this car on this track. Respect for everyone who didn't go off once. For me I qualified 12th. The start and the first few corners went surprisingly well for everyone I think. Maybe because the car is so hard to handle that every driver was extra cautious. But later there were some offs and I found myself 7th behind Colin and Hank. Both were a bit faster and certainly more consistent. With Steve some seconds behind I was in nomansland for most of the race. Hank must have had a bad pitstop as he was suddenly in my view but I couldn't really close the gap. In the last laps I began to think that I was doing great with no major mistakes. Those thoughts have always a bad influence on my concentration and I hit the fence doing a 180. After that Lars was closing in fast and as I struggled more and more with the TVR (because of low fuel?) he came within a second in the last lap. On the straight I didn't notice that he came partly beside me and I must have squeezed him as he ask me afterwards. I'm sorry Lars, I was fully concentrated on keeping my car on the raceline.

Happy to finished 7th.
Congrats to the podium. Incredible lap times and consistency, guys! :thumbsup:
Impressive debut with us @Luka Berk ! It's great that Fulvio and Reik have another of their species around. I hope you had fun. I heard from Enzo that you are indeed an experienced simracer from the rFactor2 endurance and ACC races.

Impressive performance also from @JamKart22 who was the best of the rest!:thumbsup:
Great driving, Colin.
Seeing the laptimes from all of the regulars of my events, it's shows that @Allan Ramsbottom is right when he said in another thread that everyone has become better.

I hope we can keep doing this for a long time together.

If Luka didn't show up I would have thought I did a pretty good job. That would have been a podium even. But I was so much off the pace from Luka it felt weird. I didn't manage a close to perfect qualifying lap but 2.26 high would be the max I could have done anyway. It was crazy to see Luka doing 2'26 times on full fuel tank early in the race..

Race itself, I was able to jump Colin on the start line. A few laps later Allan went off in T1, it was really scary as there was so much smoke I didn't see where his car was until I was really close and was just able to avoid him. From then on I was racing pretty much on my own with Hank between 5-10 secs behind and the guys in front being too quick. After my stop it turned out I was racing Colin which I didn't expect so I put my head down to make sure I would stay in front.

It would be nice if you could share your setup Luka, I'm having a bit of trouble getting the car turned in properly myself, not sure how to correct it on setup.

Have to say I don't think I've ever finished 9th in a race before while still being happy with the result. Struggled a little bit with consistency and a few fence scrapes but no actual offs. Just need to try and tame the rear end as I never felt particularly confident pushing the car.

Latest News

Back