Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

I cant get the video full screen unless you want a really tall and narrow f1car I did try to do his once but unfortunately the track looks so narrow it doesnt help anyone and looks terrible.

Best thing to do for now is view it full screen, I can see the gears on my 21.5" center screen so anything bigger that your viewing it on will be easier on the eyes, if anyone knows how I can just crop the center screen in Sony Vegas I will happily upload 2 seperate versions of it.

Uploading fastest lap shortly, which was actually a 1:12.6 since the .2 lap was invalidated on the last chicane.

In my opinion (based on italianred's video only); coming to turn 1 Zomacher knew that Bend will be attacking so he took the inside line and Bend went on the outside (normal defending procedure)
I don't know if there was contact between them in turn 1 as I don't see it on the video.
Bend went off the track (for some reason) and for sure he should be more carefull when returning on the track...
We can clearly see that it wasn't the case. The speed when he got back on the track is much too high as we can see he is going all over the track to the other side and then they make contact hence italianred is able to pass both of them.

Whenever I return on track or turn my car after spinning (on track) I make sure I will not be on someone's racing line (stay still and wait until others have passed you) and I try to keep my car as close as possible to the side of the track from which I am returning.

On this video we can only see what happend on exit from turn 2 when Bend is going from the inside to outside and making contact with Zomacher.

My verdict: turn 1 - I don't know what caused Bend going off the track as we can't clearly see,
turn 2 - Bend is too agressive when returning to the track

Justin, Simon, Tracy, I'm sorry again for those accidents, I will careful at next races, agressive driving is not my style, I'm sorry again mates

No worries, we all see red from time to time and drive for the win... These are quite long races and as you saw I did pull over but had to attack again as I did not know if you'd taken damage. Either way you did well to catch me ;)

Next time, choose your overtaing points on the track, find the places where your good and there is little to no danger of damaging your car or the other. Remember these places and make good use of them!

cya next race!

Great video Jan. Dont often get to see myself in many videos! Having driven with you so many times, you know I suck at getting off the grid, so its nice to have a good getaway on film! I believe thats what they call 'getting hooked up' isnt it?

Where your front clips my rear wheel where we both go deep at the hairpin is what turns just a deep corner mistake into a 'back-up and wait' deep corner for you, so im sorry about that - unavoidable.

Im still not totally convinced there was contact with Bill and myself at the start, you can see in my video there is no contact on the front wheels, it looked like more the swerve around me caused it, but I appreciate Bill being cool about it eitherway, and im sorry to CHS for getting caught up in things too.

as a wise man once said..."every incident is and looks different from the other cockpit" (actually it was joempie who said that - so cross out the wise bit). haha lool. ove you joe. as much as i love this game, it does has some shortcomings. ONE of them is it's difficult to see and feel bumps and nudges. a few times i have touched a car and i would swear on my kids life that i got within a foot maybe but really, nowhere near them! yet on their vid it 'shows' a little bump etc. it's like some cars have a forcefield around them and if you touch that..bang!
anyway, onwards and upwards to Valencia!! and more great racing with the "motley crew" (formerly known as group 3)...

If your still using Sony vegas you should be able to use the Pan/zoom function to close in on the centre image. Get good with it and you could track left and right as action happens!

EDIT:In Vegas right clip you video clip and selct pan tool. Use this to zoom in on the screen. Job done

There is one thing you have to remember guy's the modelling on this game is not the best, the contact system is flawed and i hope it's been re-worked in F1 2011, another reason is this is all P2P relying on eachother's connection instead of all the connections going to a high powered Box with fast Internet speeds which make's it all so reliable :)

Great video Jan. Dont often get to see myself in many videos! Having driven with you so many times, you know I suck at getting off the grid, so its nice to have a good getaway on film! I believe thats what they call 'getting hooked up' isnt it?

Where your front clips my rear wheel where we both go deep at the hairpin is what turns just a deep corner mistake into a 'back-up and wait' deep corner for you, so im sorry about that - unavoidable.

Im still not totally convinced there was contact with Bill and myself at the start, you can see in my video there is no contact on the front wheels, it looked like more the swerve around me caused it, but I appreciate Bill being cool about it eitherway, and im sorry to CHS for getting caught up in things too.

Yes, it was unavoidable, and I can say I was reeeeally tempted to dive out on the track to keep you in my sights :D but when I saw two cars approching I rather loose a place or two then be the cause of an accident...looking at the time when I got back up and passed the finishline I think I lost about 11-12 seconds on that but it's racing so I take pride in doing it as clean as possible :)

Yes, it was unavoidable, and I can say I was reeeeally tempted to dive out on the track to keep you in my sights :D but when I saw two cars approching I rather loose a place or two then be the cause of an accident...looking at the time when I got back up and passed the finishline I think I lost about 11-12 seconds on that but it's racing so I take pride in doing it as clean as possible :)

Yup, reading the G2 post race reports/videos, there is someone there that could do with learning that sort of discipline!!

Sure glad im not there anymore, what with someone continually Bending the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 127 27.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 108 23.7%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.1%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 83 18.2%