rF2 F1 2004 @ Le Mans - Mon 4th July 2022 *Won by Joe Lawrence*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Man what a pity, that was pretty epic while it lasted. Took me half of quali to realize I was on mediums still and hence struggled to get a decent lap in :roflmao: At least managed one decent lap after that which was enough for the front row. Had used a mix of Edwards and Jans setup adjusted to my own liking which seemed quite alright considering I didn't prepare anything before tonight (thanks you sharing your setups!). Had an epic battle with @Jan Larsen for a couple of laps passing back and forth until he pitted. My softs were surprisingly well still so I decided to go for a 1 stop and take softs again. But just at the beginning of lap 10 when I wanted to pit the right front brake decided it was done for the day and sent me flying through dunlop. Managed to get to the pits crashing a lot but obviously there is no such thing as repair so I called it night.
Though about changing the brake duct setting but thought Jan knows what he is doing. Not sure if that would have changed anything.
Anyway, fun racing while the brakes were alright, hope we can repeat this!
Thanks for organizing @Jimlaad43

The racing, what there was, was epic! I didnt expect the closeness at all and I locked up left, right and center, killing my fronts. An oil tanker would have better mid-corner...

I usually have an idea of what I'm doing, but I didnt test brake longevity... :p

It could be the reason, but temps where fine, maxing out at around 1000 which should be fine...in theory.

Noone is ever going to download my setup again :roflmao: :p

Last edited:
I usually have an idea of what I'm doing, but I didnt test brake longevity... :p

It could be the reason, but temps where fine, maxing out at around 1000 which should be fine...in theory.

Noone is ever going to download my setup again :roflmao: :p
TBH, I thought your setup had the least of the brake duct blanking, so you should have it the coolest, in theory.

Awesome race chaps
Really had to nurse the car home towards the end my brakes went with 2 laps to go

I can't believe I manged the win and fastest lap WTF is all that about lol

That was one of the most hilarious races I have raced in for ages. The brake failures were all self-inflicted by us sharing and using the same setup, and nobody noticed that we would have the problem until halfway through. It basically became a race to see who's brakes would fail last, and then who could nurse a car with fewer working brakes to the end.

Nothing wrong with the Mod at all, in fact, it shows that this mod is done properly and that trying to lose 300kph in one braking point with closed Brake Ducts is not a good idea :roflmao:

Everyone who kept going after the failures were stars, and the banter on Discord while this was happening will live on in memory for a while. That was so much fun guys.

I loved racing F1s around Le Mans, and I'm sure we'll give this one another go. I have done two triple crown circuits - Indianapolis and Le Mans - and both races didn't go as smoothly as hoped, so oh well, we'll just have to do them again!

Single-Seater Mondays will be taking a break until August for now. I have a very busy month ahead where I am not free to run anything on Mondays. In the meantime I will put up a thread asking for feedback on these events so I can plan something mega for the second half of the year (maybe a League...)

That was one of the most hilarious races I have raced in for ages. The brake failures were all self-inflicted by us sharing and using the same setup, and nobody noticed that we would have the problem until halfway through. It basically became a race to see who's brakes would fail last, and then who could nurse a car with fewer working brakes to the end.

Nothing wrong with the Mod at all, in fact, it shows that this mod is done properly and that trying to lose 300kph in one braking point with closed Brake Ducts is not a good idea :roflmao:

Everyone who kept going after the failures were stars, and the banter on Discord while this was happening will live on in memory for a while. That was so much fun guys.

I loved racing F1s around Le Mans, and I'm sure we'll give this one another go. I have done two triple crown circuits - Indianapolis and Le Mans - and both races didn't go as smoothly as hoped, so oh well, we'll just have to do them again!

Single-Seater Mondays will be taking a break until August for now. I have a very busy month ahead where I am not free to run anything on Mondays. In the meantime I will put up a thread asking for feedback on these events so I can plan something mega for the second half of the year (maybe a League...)
Don't agree that there's nothing wrong with the mod. I had the most open duct and my brakes failed too, soo... think whatever you want.
I didn't use anyone else's setup, just default with lowered wings and changed gearing.

Last edited:
I have to agree Edward, I also think the mod is off somewhere, especially if Dastan ran open ducts :cautious:
Dunno what the problem is, but on the penultimate lap my left rear went, I was monitoring the temps the entire race and they never got over 600 degrees. When the left rear went, the rear temps were still in the 600 and didn't move at all, while the fronts suddenly changed to show 25 degrees.

Don't agree that there's nothing wrong with the mod. I had the most open duct and my brakes failed too, soo... think whatever you want.
I didn't use anyone else's setup, just default with lowered wings and changed gearing.
I have to agree Edward, I also think the mod is off somewhere, especially if Dastan ran open ducts :cautious:

Hmm. It might also be server settings. Server 1 is the only one we've ever used for proper long races before. I've uninstalled all from Server 5 (the one being used on Mondays) now, so I cannot check.
But it might be that mech.stuff is time scaled for failure, not "normal" or "off".
I know Server 1, the Friday one is "normal" while Server 2, the Thursday one is "off".
Server 3 is our test server, so I don't know. Doesn't really matter and Server 4 is borked.

Though, time scaled for failures should've meant we would've experienced something before, like in the V8 Supercars race(as that race used Server 5), or the IndyCar races, or the full F1 race that opened the whole Open Wheelers Monday thing.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%