Complete make over & Texture Update for Sonoma

Tracks Complete make over & Texture Update for Sonoma 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
As I said, those are not light objects. Those are speakers objects. Just look at the objects close up and also look at the mesh names. The names themselves will tell you what the track creator intended those objects to be and what they are and it's not lights. They can be made to project light just like one of the light poles, which I did in my after picture, even though you can't tell.

Last edited:
As I said, those are not light objects. Those are speakers objects. Just look at the objects close up and also look at the mesh names. The names themselves will tell you what the track creator intended those objects to be and what they are and it's not lights. They can be made to project light just like one of the light poles, which I did in my after picture, even though you can't tell.
I can tell the difference but want the light poles to be lit and not other objects.

I don't know how to do this unfortunately.

I know how to set lights and colors but that's as far as I can go, do need the right objects activated

You can try adding this to your config. Unfortunately all of the speaker objects are one big mesh so it will turn the lights on for every single speaker object around the track. There's no way to prevent that. Make sure you paste this over the existing LIGHT_SERIES_0 and MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_0 entry.

[LIGHT_SERIES_0]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=Tracklights
VISIBILITY_LEVEL=0
MESHES=lighton_NIGHT
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH
OFFSET=0,0,0
DIRECTION=NORMAL
DIRECTION_OFFSET=0, -1, 0
SPOT=135
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.5
RANGE=90
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0.2
FADE_AT=900
FADE_SMOOTH=300
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=15
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=0.88
COLOR=255, 220, 150, 0.075

[LIGHT_SERIES_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=Tracklights
VISIBILITY_LEVEL=0
MESHES=ldspkr?
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH
OFFSET=0,0,0
DIRECTION=NORMAL
SPOT=135
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.5
RANGE=80
FADE_AT=900
FADE_SMOOTH=300
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=15
COLOR=255, 220, 150, 0.025

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_0]
ACTIVE=1
VISIBILITY_LEVEL=0
DESCRIPTION=spots ksemissive
MATERIALS=LIGHTSONNIGHT
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0=255, 248, 232, 0.1
;VALUE_0=255, 245, 235, 1
VALUE_0_OFF=0, 0, 0
KEY_1=ksAlphaRef
VALUE_1=-193
VALUE_1_OFF=0, 0, 0
CONDITION=NIGHT_SHARP
RANGE = 25

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
VISIBILITY_LEVEL=0
MATERIALS=LDSPKR
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0=255, 220, 150, 0.01
VALUE_0_OFF=0, 0, 0
KEY_1=ksAlphaRef
VALUE_1=-193
VALUE_1_OFF=0, 0, 0
CONDITION=NIGHT_SHARP

You can try adding this to your config. Unfortunately all of the speaker objects are one big mesh so it will turn the lights on for every single speaker object around the track. There's no way to prevent that. Make sure you paste this over the existing LIGHT_SERIES_0 and MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_0 entry.

[LIGHT_SERIES_0]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=Tracklights
VISIBILITY_LEVEL=0
MESHES=lighton_NIGHT
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH
OFFSET=0,0,0
DIRECTION=NORMAL
SPOT=135
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.5
RANGE=90
FADE_AT=900
FADE_SMOOTH=300
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=15
COLOR=255, 220, 150, 0.075

[LIGHT_SERIES_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=Tracklights
VISIBILITY_LEVEL=0
MESHES=ldspkr?
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH
OFFSET=0,0,0
DIRECTION=NORMAL
SPOT=135
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.5
RANGE=80
FADE_AT=900
FADE_SMOOTH=300
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=15
COLOR=255, 220, 150, 0.025

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_0]
ACTIVE=1
VISIBILITY_LEVEL=0
MATERIALS=LIGHTSONNIGHT
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0=255, 248, 232, 0.1
VALUE_0_OFF=0, 0, 0
KEY_1=ksAlphaRef
VALUE_1=-193
VALUE_1_OFF=0, 0, 0
CONDITION=NIGHT_SHARP
RANGE = 25

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
VISIBILITY_LEVEL=0
MATERIALS=LDSPKR
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0=255, 220, 150, 0.01
VALUE_0_OFF=0, 0, 0
KEY_1=ksAlphaRef
VALUE_1=-193
VALUE_1_OFF=0, 0, 0
CONDITION=NIGHT_SHARP
Will give it a try, thank you

Are yo able to get the light poles lit

Busy with Bathurst so really need the help with Sonoma, lighting is not thing, do know to set lighting as long as the objects are active

I still don't understand what you mean by the light poles? All of the actual light poles are already lit, at least on my end. The only poles that don't cast light are the speaker poles.
Screenshot_rss_gt_lanzo_v12_rt_sonoma_28-5-124-19-43-5.jpg

It is your file with a few tweaks for the scoreboard to display live info and to have the lights come on when it rains as well as at night.

And yes, those are loudspeaker poles, not light poles. That's what i've been trying to explain. The code I posted above will make all of the loudspeaker poles cast light. Not realistic, but at least it lights up the track more.

What I could do, but I don't know if you want to get that involved, is to make an addon kn5 file that uses the actual light poles from the track and place them in the spots you want light and then insert that kn5 file via an ext_config entry.

What I could do, but I don't know if you want to get that involved, is to make an addon kn5 file that uses the actual light poles from the track and place them in the spots you want light and then insert that kn5 file via an ext_config entry.
Just tried your settings, looks good, just adjusting some balance between your and my settings

@ClimaxF1

I decided I wanted to take some time and do the lights properly for myself. I just didn't like having the loudspeaker objects lit up. I'm placing the actual light pole meshes around the track in spots that need more light using the speaker pole locations as a guide. When i'm done, if you'd like a copy to update your resource, just say so. I don't think it will take too long to finish.

These three need raised a bit I think:
newlights1.jpg

But these look good:
newlights2.jpg

Last edited:
@ClimaxF1

I decided I wanted to take some time and do the lights properly for myself. I just didn't like having the loudspeaker objects lit up. I'm placing the actual light pole meshes around the track in spots that need more light using the speaker pole locations as a guide. When i'm done, if you'd like a copy to update your resource, just say so. I don't think it will take too long to finish.

These three need raised a bit I think:
View attachment 765434

But these look good:
View attachment 765435
I would love to take a look at what you come up with.

You can try it out and use it if you like. Or tell me what you would like changed. For the record, the config I used to start with was the one from your most recent update so if you decide to use this, you shouldn't have to change anything.

1.) Make a copy of your current extension folder just to be safe.

2.) Download the file below and extract it overwriting anything it asks. There are two kn5 files in the download. The sonoma_lights.kn5 file has more light poles around the grandstands and may make things to bright. The sonoma_lights2.kn5 file cuts a few of them out. To try out the version with less lights, open the ext_config file and scroll all the way to the bottom. Change the INSERT line of the very last entry to read INSERT = sonoma_lights2.kn5

Sonoma Lights Test

Last edited:
@ClimaxF1
Yesterday we had a discussion at the GT Planet forum, whether it's still necessary to have dds files with mipmaps like in the stock Kunos AC tracks. @lebluem said yes as AC can't create the mipmaps itsself, but i've also read several times, that mipmaps aren't necessary anymore as AC (or Content Manager with CSP?) creates them at the race start if they are missing. As you don't use mipmaps for your graphics, can you explain why? You also wrote, that with your graphics the game has a better performance. Can you tell why, as they are just bigger uncompressed dds files without mipmaps?

Last edited:
You can try it out and use it if you like. Or tell me what you would like changed. For the record, the config I used to start with was the one from your most recent update so if you decide to use this, you shouldn't have to change anything.

1.) Make a copy of your current extension folder just to be safe.

2.) Download the file below and extract it overwriting anything it asks. There are two kn5 files in the download. The sonoma_lights.kn5 file has more light poles around the grandstands and may make things to bright. The sonoma_lights2.kn5 file cuts a few of them out. To try out the version with less lights, open the ext_config file and scroll all the way to the bottom. Change the INSERT line of the very last entry to read INSERT = sonoma_lights2.kn5

Sonoma Lights Test
Really appreciate your help, going to give it a try now

Latest News

Back